MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

10 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Has it occurred to anyone that the word “spicy” was simply misused in this scenario? I think people are taking that word way too seriously and way too literally. It was probably as simple as just a character the source didn’t recognize. 

Well yes, obviously but that leaves us with far less to speculate with and is boring so it's more fun to read too much into it

Was there a new Skyhopper set rumored or even confirmed for 2020 though? *huh*
I thought we (sorta) just got one last year or the year before? 

Also, is that Tusken Raider head new again? It looks different somehow...

Regards,
Mitch

3 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Was there a new Skyhopper set rumored or even confirmed for 2020 though? *huh*
I thought we (sorta) just got one last year or the year before? 

Also, is that Tusken Raider head new again? It looks different somehow...

Regards,
Mitch

Last Skyhopper pilot we got was in 2015.  And yes, there is a Skyhopper vs Bantha Microfighter coming next year.  :wink:

Both the pilot and the Tusken look great, but I’m waiting to see whether there’s any side printing on that updated helmet!

I can’t tell whether the Tusken’s head is different.  Honestly, it looks the same to me, but I could well be wrong.  The new torso print is very nice and welcome, though.  

Edited by RogueTwo

The new skyhopper pilot face print is fantastic! I hope this becomes the new standard pilot face print as really dislike the current one, the smile/scared look just seems wrong to me. 

3 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Last Skyhopper pilot we got was in 2015.  And yes, there is a Skyhopper vs Bantha Microfighter coming next year.  :wink:

Both the pilot and the Tusken look great, but I’m waiting to see whether there’s any side printing on that updated helmet!

I can’t tell whether the Tusken’s head is different.  Honestly, it looks the same to me, but I could well be wrong.  The new torso print is very nice and welcome, though.  

Ooohh, that explains it then, thanks! Guess I was a few years off with a Skyhopper (pilot)'s last appearance :innocent2:
It might very well be that I am wrong in thinking the Tusken's head is different, no biggie. The new torso is definitely cool!

Regards,
Mitch

6 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Ooohh, that explains it then, thanks! Guess I was a few years off with a Skyhopper (pilot)'s last appearance :innocent2:

Hey, I've found that time moves more quickly every year.  It really doesn't seem that long ago, does it?  :grin:

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

The new skyhopper pilot face print is fantastic! I hope this becomes the new standard pilot face print as really dislike the current one, the smile/scared look just seems wrong to me. 

The Rebel pilot face print definitely needs to be updated (just look at all the stellar variants that Firestar Toys offers!), but the Skyhopper pilot's visor is the wrong shape and color, so it can't easily be reused, except in MOCs/customs.

Nice to have a another variant for the Tusken Raiders.  I wonder if they will give him the same weapon as previous builds or a new version?

1 hour ago, Omand said:

Nice to have a another variant for the Tusken Raiders.  I wonder if they will give him the same weapon as previous builds or a new version?

It's the same as the weapon from the battle pack. This Raider comes in Ben's hut

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

It's the same as the weapon from the battle pack. This Raider comes in Ben's hut

He'd also come in the microfighter, I assume.

I like the new skyhopper pilot, unless the bantha's terrible I'll buy the set he comes in.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I meant for the microfighter twin pack I wonder if we will get the same weapon.  It would make some sense if we did, Lego does often keep a theme going for brick built gear, but then again they have changed other things, so ...

1 hour ago, Omand said:

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I meant for the microfighter twin pack I wonder if we will get the same weapon.  It would make some sense if we did, Lego does often keep a theme going for brick built gear, but then again they have changed other things, so ...

It's likely, but it's not like all the tuskens use the same weapon, so maybe we'll get something new.

At the very least, we should be grateful it's not a stud shooter.

20 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Amen, gosh I hate those things. They look so stupid!

25 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Amen, gosh I hate those things. They look so stupid!

I understand that they provide a play feature, but they make battlepacks so much less valuable as you then have to go buy a ton of blasters to get the soldiers in the pack to look accurate

13 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I understand that they provide a play feature, but they make battlepacks so much less valuable as you then have to go buy a ton of blasters to get the soldiers in the pack to look accurate

Though they are great for creating some heavier looking blasters

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's likely, but it's not like all the tuskens use the same weapon, so maybe we'll get something new.

Agreed!

Why why why does Anakin not have the Moody hairpiece?? It already exists in the perfect color, I’ll never understand Lego’s decisions sometimes. That hairpiece is so useful yet they don’t use it for anyone who it would be perfect for. Sure I can just apply it myself from the piece from the build a minifig stand but it’s still mind blowing that they don’t take advantage of a perfect hairpiece 

The robes look really great and detailed, I love them. Face is great, but the hairpiece... why? We have perfect new hairpieces for both Anakin and Obi-Wan, but they still use the old ones. Why Lego, why?

42 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Why why why does Anakin not have the Moody hairpiece?? It already exists in the perfect color, I’ll never understand Lego’s decisions sometimes. That hairpiece is so useful yet they don’t use it for anyone who it would be perfect for. Sure I can just apply it myself from the piece from the build a minifig stand but it’s still mind blowing that they don’t take advantage of a perfect hairpiece 

I really don't get certain things. Sure kids won't care all thaaat much. But does it hurt to reuse a NEW hairpiece and maybe make it in a new colour? These factors can fix the decision for many ALOF's as well as some kids, to buy a set or not.

Can someone somewhere ask a Lego employee WHY they are always doing this? Seriously; I'm just curious to understand!

Since like 3-4 years Lego has started to creat new hairpieces like crazy. Ninjago movie Zane, Cole, Jay, Nya's hairpieces - Batman movie hairpieces - scobie doo hairpieces - non of them get reused or recoloured and we get the same old lame hairpieces in the same colours over and over again. Why?! Especially when there are movie characters for which we have so much more accurate pieces available now?

17 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Though they are great for creating some heavier looking blasters

True, (though I still think the old republic trooper figures had the best heavy blasters), The stud shooter has it's uses, but at the very least lego could throw in accurate weapons too. They can't be THAT expensive to produce, and lego keeps the stud shooters in as play features.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Mustafar Obi leaked, he looks great!

he does, I really like the damaged robes on these variants and the faceprint is great too. 

Just now, legosamsonite said:

Is that xwing pilot who I saw on Instagram who looks like Wedge new...?

Not a new fig, but likely will be included in the 4+/Juniors Snowspeeder. 

Although technically that’s Wedge has the X-Wing pilot printing, which is the same mistake they made with the 20th Anniversary Snowspeeder set. They have the X-Wing Pilot printing with the black hands instead of the more realistic Snowspeeder Pilot printing with white hands that was introduced in 2014. Also, I really hope we get a Wedge minifig in a TROS set eventually since he’s confirmed to be returning