MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, Brickwraith said:

I personally think that the old luke hair would work better on an episode 2 obi-wan than episode 3 anakin.

I agree wholeheartedly. I think the Moody hairpiece works really well for Anakin. I got some brown ones from the build a minifig stand at the lego store and used them for my episode III Anakin figures. Looks great. Old Luke hairpiece would be really nice for Episode II Obi-Wan

2 hours ago, Brickwraith said:

I personally think that the old luke hair would work better on an episode 2 obi-wan than episode 3 anakin.

Agreed, but I think it works for both, just better for kenobi.

42 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I agree wholeheartedly. I think the Moody hairpiece works really well for Anakin. I got some brown ones from the build a minifig stand at the lego store and used them for my episode III Anakin figures. Looks great. Old Luke hairpiece would be really nice for Episode II Obi-Wan

I forgot about build-a-fig, I've got to get to a physical store sometime. Between that and all the dual molded limbs, it's worth the $10 for  or whatever it is.

29 minutes ago, AManofNoConsequence said:

Not sure if anyone has seen, but a new Rey minifig has popped up based on her wearing Finn's jacket in TFA, not sure if it's legit or not.

I saw that, I’m not sure what to think. It kinda looks fake but it’s difficult to tell. It’s a terrible looking minifig if it’s real imo. A really boring variant

Fake. A similar fig showed up a couple of days ago, which was just a reuse of Poe's torso and Rey's TFA legs. These are the same pieces again, just photoshopped to make it appear more seamless :head_back:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Fake. A similar fig showed up a couple of days ago, which was just a reuse of Poe's torso and Rey's TFA legs. These are the same pieces again, just photoshopped to make it appear more seamless :head_back:

I was hoping it was something like that. Looks awful

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Now that you mention it, there is a bit of a smear going onto the hip piece from a edit, my bad then!

6 hours ago, AManofNoConsequence said:

Not sure if anyone has seen, but a new Rey minifig has popped up based on her wearing Finn's jacket in TFA, not sure if it's legit or not.

Yeah, it's fake. As mentioned earlier, it's edited to be a slightly less fake-looking version of the incredibly stupid "leak" someone tried where they forgot to switch rey's legs out so it looked like she was wearing the jacket and a black shirt over her desert outfit, just photoshopped to make the torso seem like a new print with her desert outfit under the jacket.

1 hour ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

What if the 'spicy' figure in next year's X-wing is Wedge? 

Could be but I'm pretty sure his role in Ep9 is really small

6 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

There's nothing that 'spicy' about him IMO... Sure, he's a legacy character who survived both Death Star attacks but that's about it :shrug_oh_well: I wouldn't mind getting a Wedge minifig, but he's got a pretty low priority on my wishlist compared to other missing characters :grin:

7 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

I hope it is, but I doubt it very much. He probably won't have more than a few lines in IX, and there are so many other characters with much more important roles. (Jannah, Babu Frick, the other KOR, etc)

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I hope it is, but I doubt it very much. He probably won't have more than a few lines in IX, and there are so many other characters with much more important roles. (Jannah, Babu Frick, the other KOR, etc)

Unless it's been leaked, there's no confirmation that Wedge will be in IX. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Just now, BigGuy4U said:

Unless it's been leaked, there's no confirmation that Wedge will be in IX. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Actually it has been revealed that Wedge is in ep 9

29 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

It was actually confirmed. I would say my hopes are very much up that he'd appear in IX. As a minifigure, on the other hand, not so much.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I hope it is, but I doubt it very much. He probably won't have more than a few lines in IX

If they're smart about it they'll reintroduce him as someone with acces to a small army to expand the Resistance fleet a little, maybe he could be a leader of sorts for whatever still remains of the New Republic military? Would be good for the story itself and merchandise as they could introduce a few brand new ships.

But knowing Lucasfilm his role will most likely be so small it wouldn't matter if he was replaced by a random character

15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If they're smart about it they'll reintroduce him as someone with acces to a small army to expand the Resistance fleet a little, maybe he could be a leader of sorts for whatever still remains of the New Republic military? Would be good for the story itself and merchandise as they could introduce a few brand new ships.

But knowing Lucasfilm his role will most likely be so small it wouldn't matter if he was replaced by a random character

He won't have a big role in the film, but maybe in the comic series they're releasing or the upcoming novel with his character on the cover. Maybe the novel explains how he rejoins, and then he's just kind of there in IX. People who only watch the films wouldn't know wedge too well and just think it's another resistance officer, or "oh I remember that guy, cool", where the people who actually care where he was all this time would already know from the novel.

40 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

He won't have a big role in the film, but maybe in the comic series they're releasing or the upcoming novel with his character on the cover. Maybe the novel explains how he rejoins, and then he's just kind of there in IX. People who only watch the films wouldn't know wedge too well and just think it's another resistance officer, or "oh I remember that guy, cool", where the people who actually care where he was all this time would already know from the novel.

Yeah I thought something similair. Which is why I said "his role will most likely be so small it wouldn't matter if he was replaced by a random character"

1 hour ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

I'm not sure any of those would be 'Spicy' though

Maybe it's a brand new (and possibly pretty big) mold for that weird alien seen in bts pictures

EDIT: thought I'd put a picture of the alien here too

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor rise of skywalker alien

Edited by Guyon2002

Good point, I somehow forgot about Klaud :blush: He's on the same jungle planet that the Resistance is hiding on, so he'd make more sense to appear in Poe's new X-Wing than some of the other choices (Babu Frik is on Kijimi and Jannah on Pasaana)

Has it occurred to anyone that the word “spicy” was simply misused in this scenario? I think people are taking that word way too seriously and way too literally. It was probably as simple as just a character the source didn’t recognize. 

2 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

I'm not sure any of those would be 'Spicy' though

They're all characters we haven't seen yet in lego form, and furthermore: Jannah could be spicy due to maybe a new element for her bow, or just that she's a new character, Frik could be spicy due to using a baby-groot esque mold or again being a new character, and we've wanted the KOR for so long an inclusion of a new one would be pretty "spicy". 

39 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Has it occurred to anyone that the word “spicy” was simply misused in this scenario? I think people are taking that word way too seriously and way too literally. It was probably as simple as just a character the source didn’t recognize. 

Exactly. "spicy" probably doesn't mean anything about spices, or even a game-changing or really interesting design; it's a common slang term among gen z to mean "cool" or such, and the leaker probably just didn't recognize the figure, as you said, and called it "spicy".