MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The TIE Dagger will include Finn, a pilot and an unknown character (most likely the KoR from that head leak). With those figures, 470 pieces and a pricetag of $80 I'm pretty sure this set is going to sell miserably

Three minifigs only? That is bad, even if the pilot had a new mould. If the KoR are important and cool, and if the movie does well, I could see some collectors going for it. But even then three minifigs are not enough. Is there a droid missing perhaps?

As far as the price is concerned, I do not worry much. Most retailers pretty much immediately discounted Vonreg's TIE some 35%. Granted, Resistance is extremely unpopular, but let's see how TRoS will do...

Hm, the minifig selection for the 1HY 2020 TROS seems rather lackluster when compared to new characters or versions of existing minifigs the previous movies' second waves introduced:

• TFA: Maz Kanata, Leia, Ackbar, unmasked Kylo, TR8R (:laugh:), helmeted Resistance Troopers, FO Crew with Cap
  • RO: Moroff, Raddus, capeless Death Troopers, second versions of Jyn, Cassian and Shoretroopers/Scarif Stormies
  • TLJ: Executioner Stormies, Luke, Porg, Finn & Rose in disguise, ski speeder Poe, General Ematt
  • Solo: Beckett in his 'proper' outfit, Enfys Nest, Weazel, Range Troopers, Solo & Chewie with goggles, Val, 3rd outfit for Qi'ra, Dryden's enforcers
  • and now TROS: third Knight of Ren and a 'spicy' character... and that's it, based on our current information. :laugh_hard:

Of course we don't know any details, but from what we've heard, there's a lot of repeats, none of which are likely to be new variants. The minifigs in the X-Wing are unlikely to be anything special: the Stormie and R2 will surely be the same and Poe will probably reuse the parts from the 2015 X-Wing. The 'spicy' minifig is bound to be interesting, but we have no real clue who it could be (Leia? Jannah? Babu Frik?). If @Guyon2002 's source is right, the TIE Dagger's minifig selection will not be anything to write home about either. We don't know about any other Finn costumes at the moment and the pilot will probably be a regular FO TIE pilot which we've had plenty of before. The KoR will most likely be the highlight, but I'd prefer any of the other three missing ones over the one we're getting.

The biggest wildcard is thus the battle pack. With that temporary name it could be basically anything between Stormies, FO Crew, officers, Flame Troopers, Snowtroopers, (SF) Pilots, Jet Troopers, Sith Troopers, or Sith Jet Troopers. Personally, my choice would be 2 each of the latter two. We've had 4 FO-themed battle packs before, and all of the minifigs above (apart from the Snowtroopers and pilots) have appeared in at least one of them, some even in two or three. 

Expecting characters like the Senate in the second wave would be silly, that's obviously third wave material, but I can't help but feel a bit let down by the prospects of this wave, at least minifig-wise. The sets themselves I'm looking forward to quite a bit :moar:

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The TIE Dagger will include Finn, a pilot and an unknown character (most likely the KoR from that head leak). With those figures, 470 pieces and a pricetag of $80 I'm pretty sure this set is going to sell miserably

Ugh. Definate pass, I already have the new finn, and with a price to part that bad I'm not buying the set for another tie variation and a KOR.

18 hours ago, Per_SW said:

Getting back on the 2020 topic, I usually prefer the moulds for creatures (either single or composite, such as dinosaurs since the 2000 adventurers), but after seeing the Dewback from january I'm quite hopeful about the future Bantha.

As am i, though I do prefer the brick-built, they feel more lego. I can see a bantha design in my head, might try to MOC it later.

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

So far it has been referred to as First Order battlepack though, so it wouldn't suprise me if it came with 2 normal Jet Troopers and 2 stormies/officers

the sith troopers supposedly are part of the first order, I think

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

True, but the Mandalorian BP also has a generic name at the moment, I doubt it comes with 4 versions of the eponymous character :wink:

I would actually prefer this to literally anything else and gurantee it would sell amazingly. (of course they'd clearly never do it as it's kind of stupid)

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

The biggest wildcard is thus the battle pack. With that temporary name it could be basically anything between Stormies, FO Crew, officers, Flame Troopers, Snowtroopers, (SF) Pilots, Jet Troopers, Sith Troopers, or Sith Jet Troopers. Personally, my choice would be 2 each of the latter two. We've had 4 FO-themed battle packs before, and all of the minifigs above (apart from the Snowtroopers and pilots) have appeared in at least one of them, some even in two or three. 

Expecting characters like the Senate in the second wave would be silly, that's obviously third wave material, but I can't help but feel a bit let down by the prospects of this wave, at least minifig-wise. The sets themselves I'm looking forward to quite a bit :moar:

I'm personally expecting it to be something like 2 sith troopers, a jet trooper (either version) and the inevitable random officer. 

And yeah, the senate is third wave material or further, since the form he appears in (ghost, in the flesh, host body, cyber-senate, etc)  would be a huge spoiler.

9 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

If @Guyon2002 's source is right, the TIE Dagger's minifig selection will not be anything to write home about either.

That info was posted by the same leaker who leaked the ROS set info. I don't have an inside person to get leaks from, though I'd very much like to have one :wink:

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That info was posted by the same leaker who leaked the ROS set info. I don't have an inside person to get leaks from, though I'd very much like to have one :wink:

Oh, I thought it was a secret source of yours since I couldn't find that bit of information anywhere else :snicker: Yeah, that'd be a handy thing to have :devil_laugh:

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Hm, the minifig selection for the 1HY 2020 TROS seems rather lackluster when compared to new characters or versions of existing minifigs the previous movies' second waves introduced:

I think the difference here is that Lucasfilm/Disney is keeping a tighter grip on spoiler-centric merchandise with this movie. For instance, there was recently a report that Hasbro can't put out product for something like 70% of the material in the movie because of spoilers. I think LEGO knows that even if the January wave does technically come out after the movie's release (assuming those sets don't get pulled forward into December), the winter sets are going to leak well before then. I suspect all the toy manufacturers are feeling constrained by what they can and can't release this early, and LEGO is just erring on the side of caution. Hopefully this means we get a more robust third wave to compensate for the lackluster second one.

6 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Hopefully this means we get a more robust third wave to compensate for the lackluster second one.

Sure, fear of spoilers is a good reason to be cautious with this wave, but that doesn’t explain why they (from what we know) didn’t include more characters that were part of the marketing campaign from the very beginning :shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Sure, fear of spoilers is a good reason to be cautious with this wave, but that doesn’t explain why they (from what we know) didn’t include more characters that were part of the marketing campaign from the very beginning :shrug_oh_well:

I think the second wave for the STs have usually been bad, I think the only second wave I've really liked so far was actually Solo.

2020 Anakin minifigure leaked - black outfit, dark brown arms, printed legs, old hairpiece and red lightsaber. Hmm... kind of disappointing. Whole torso looks great and all, but since the last minifigure there are like 2 hair pieces that are better than his old one. Also, red lightsaber is weird, since in he didn't have it when he was fighting Obi.

Maybe it‘s creative liberty on the leaker‘s part? :grin: It wouldn‘t make ANY sense for Ani to have a red lightsaber in the set. Not only is it screen-inaccurate, it would break canon since it‘s the exact same lightsaber in-canon as in some of the other readily available sets :head_back:

56 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

2020 Anakin minifigure leaked - black outfit, dark brown arms, printed legs, old hairpiece and red lightsaber. Hmm... kind of disappointing. Whole torso looks great and all, but since the last minifigure there are like 2 hair pieces that are better than his old one. Also, red lightsaber is weird, since in he didn't have it when he was fighting Obi.

I'm pretty sure the lightsaber is a mistake from the leaker. No way lego would have such a big inaccuracy in a set based on a 14 year old movie

The new Anakin figure looks pretty good overall. The printing for the torso is much more detailed now and the 2018 legs go perfectly with it. The only downside is it reuses the Clone Wars hair piece when there are better options out there but at least they've toned the color down to a lighter brown.

I wish the "movie Lloyd" and/or the "old Luke" hairpiece existed in regular reddish brown... That would make it possible to kitbash a way more accurate episode 3 Anakin.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I really hope that Obi-Wan uses the new hair...

Which new hair are you thinking of?

2 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

I wish the "movie Lloyd" and/or the "old Luke" hairpiece existed in regular reddish brown... That would make it possible to kitbash a way more accurate episode 3 Anakin.

Old Luke's hair would be perfect for RotS Anakin. I hope they make it at some point.

8 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

I agree, it can't be that difficult to give us one of those in that color, either.

EDIT: just noticed the damage to anakin's robes, my opinion of this figure has improved slightly.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

There seems to be a shortage of SW9 sets so far but isn't there a possibility that there's some exclusives for the wave we don't know about yet? I remember in past years there's been a few sets that release at the same time or a month later that don't leak until full boxart is revealed or a minifigure emerges from a factory. Personally I think there definitely could be some sort of playset or important vehicle from 9 that will suddenly emerge around December time ready for a January/March release. 

Just now, Darth Shadowthrone said:

There seems to be a shortage of SW9 sets so far but isn't there a possibility that there's some exclusives for the wave we don't know about yet? 

Correct me if I‘m wrong, but I don‘t think the new films ever had a retailer-exclusive set dedicated to them :look: The only thing I find suspicious is the lack of Rey and Kylo minifigs in the second TROS wave... Finn, Poe and R2 all show up again, but not these two. Weird, but it‘s nothing more than conjecture at this point.

20 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Correct me if I‘m wrong, but I don‘t think the new films ever had a retailer-exclusive set dedicated to them :look: The only thing I find suspicious is the lack of Rey and Kylo minifigs in the second TROS wave... Finn, Poe and R2 all show up again, but not these two. Weird, but it‘s nothing more than conjecture at this point.

I think it will just be Rey that's absent. Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter is supposed to be one of the three Microfighters coming out next year.

Just now, wesker said:

I think it will just be Rey that's absent. Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter is supposed to be one of the three Microfighters coming out next year.

If memory serves me well, the MF is Kylo‘s shuttle rather than his TIE Fighter, but you‘re right, he might show up in that set :classic:

15 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Which new hair are you thinking of?

James Gordon's hair from TLBM sets. It was also used in the Jurassic World Lockwood Mansion set.