MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

6 hours ago, Flieger said:

[...]... if there is a new TIE pilot helmet with tubes and an enclosed neck, I'd buy this set at full price...

Not trying to rain on your parade, but recent rumours suggest that the TIE Daggers are piloted by

Sith Jet Troopers who can eject themselves from the cockpits.

Maybe they’re two-seaters though?

8 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Wow. Okay, that's an arrow to the knee. I hope that's a fat finger typo and should have meant 770 pieces. And if not i'm curious how they plan to justify that.

If it is at least its not a typo on my part, I just wrote down what the new information stated :wink:

New wave sounds very uninspired, but that may just be the source material.  Why is it that of all the new Disney content, only Rogue One has had a lot of interesting vehicles?  

I’ll get the Y-Wing Microfighter since I’m a sucker for Rebels/Resistance, and I’ll get Anakin vs Obi-Wan when it goes down to $15, but I think I’ll use the rest of my time and money saving for the Tantive IV and future Harry Potter sets. 

Edited by RogueTwo

11 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Not trying to rain on your parade, but recent rumours suggest that the TIE Daggers are piloted by

Reveal hidden contents

Sith Jet Troopers who can eject themselves from the cockpits.

Maybe they’re two-seaters though?

Would be kind of strange to have a TIE without a TIE pilot, but who knows... I'll just wait and see.

Anyway I realize that it is unlikely to get a new TIE pilot helmet mould either way.

3 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Why is it that of all the new Disney content, only Rogue One has had a lot of interesting vehicles? 

Solo had some interesting stuff, too, like the TIE Brute or the AT-DT (I appreciate the deliberate crudeness of the design).

It is just that those vehicles are pushed to the background by Disney and Lego apparently had no desire to change that. I mean, the Solo TIE Fighter set's minifigs would have been perfect for an AT-DT, just switch the pilot for a driver.

4 hours ago, Eaglefan344 said:

Do we really need yet another Resistance X-Wing? 3 of them in 5 years is a bit much.

At least they have different colour schemes and minifigs :laugh:

It’s an alright wave. I’m excited for that Mandalorian Battle Pack. It’s a shame at the lack of RO stuff but hopefully in the next few years with the absence of new films we’ll see some more sets from those movies. 

15 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

So we have to wait at least until the summer wave for The Mandalorian's ship. :sadnew:

Looks like it. But since there won't be any new movies in the next two years, they at least have plenty of time to round out what's been missing from the ST, the Mandalorian and hopefully the spin-offs and the animated series :thumbup:

Wow, I completely forgot about the Bantha vs. Skyhopper!  That's an instant purchase, and somewhat redeems the wave for me.  If this year's Dewback is anything to go by, the Bantha will probably be very recognizable and cute.  The Skyhopper pilot's head leaked on Instagram--looks almost exactly the same as the last one.  I wonder what helmet he will have?

3 hours ago, Flieger said:

Solo had some interesting stuff, too, like the TIE Brute or the AT-DT (I appreciate the deliberate crudeness of the design).

It is just that those vehicles are pushed to the background by Disney and Lego apparently had no desire to change that. I mean, the Solo TIE Fighter set's minifigs would have been perfect for an AT-DT, just switch the pilot for a driver.

Point taken about Solo, but my favorite design from that movie was by far the AT-Hauler, and I didn't care for that set at all.

What do you think can realistically be expected from the January TROS sets in terms of minifigs?

My guesses are:

• FO Battlepack: 2 Sith Troopers, 1 regular Stormie and some specialized trooper/officer, like a FO Jet Trooper. Since it's name allegedly refers to the FO in general, I don't think we can expect a pure Sith Trooper battle pack (i.e. just Sith Troopers + Sith Jet Troopers).
  • TIE Dagger: the third KoR whose head has leaked, a Sith Jet Trooper, a TIE Pilot (maybe with new markings?) and some officer, like the 2015 TIE Fighter
  • X-Wing: Poe, BB-8, Leia, Jannah. Or Dominic Monaghan's as-of-yet unknown Resistance officer/major/whatever rank he's got.

The Mandalorian battle pack on the other hand is a total wildcard, I have no idea what to expect there. My best guess are Imperials, but they probably would call it something else if that was the case :shrug_oh_well:

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

What do you think can realistically be expected from the January TROS sets in terms of minifigs?

My guesses are:

• FO Battlepack: 2 Sith Troopers, 1 regular Stormie and some specialized trooper/officer, like a FO Jet Trooper. Since it's name allegedly refers to the FO in general, I don't think we can expect a pure Sith Trooper battle pack (i.e. just Sith Troopers + Sith Jet Troopers).
  • TIE Dagger: the third KoR whose head has leaked, a Sith Jet Trooper, a TIE Pilot (maybe with new markings?) and some officer, like the 2015 TIE Fighter
  • X-Wing: Poe, BB-8, Leia, Jannah. Or Dominic Monaghan's as-of-yet unknown Resistance officer/major/whatever rank he's got.

The Mandalorian battle pack on the other hand is a total wildcard, I have no idea what to expect there. My best guess are Imperials, but they probably would call it something else if that was the case :shrug_oh_well:

That's pretty much along the lines of what I'm expecting. Possibly a second Knight of Ren in the TIE Dagger leaving the final two for the Summer wave. The Mandalorian battlepack being Imperial makes sense with the Death Troopers and Incinerator Stormtroopers being part of the show, but with the AT-ST's inclusion of Klatooinian Raiders I could also see a pirate themed battlepack being a possibility.

The Y-Wing Microfighter is another wildcard. It could reuse Zorii Bliss or it could also come with a new pilot character instead.

3 hours ago, wesker said:

The Y-Wing Microfighter is another wildcard. It could reuse Zorii Bliss or it could also come with a new pilot character instead.

That would be really great, I have no need for the big Y-Wing set but I do like that figure

21 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That would be really great, I have no need for the big Y-Wing set but I do like that figure

I doubt they’d sabotage the sales of this year’s Y-Wing by releasing the main draw in terms of minifigs in a Microfighters version :tongue: It’ll probably be a regular Resistance pilot, which isn’t a bad thing since it most likely involves a new helmet print. Jess Pava anyone? :sweet:

14 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I doubt they’d sabotage the sales of this year’s Y-Wing by releasing the main draw in terms of minifigs in a Microfighters version :tongue: It’ll probably be a regular Resistance pilot, which isn’t a bad thing since it most likely involves a new helmet print. Jess Pava anyone? :sweet:

That would be great too!

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

That would be awesome, I think they really need to do more Resistance Pilots. I feel like there should have been one included in the Y-Wing. And I guess the X-Wing next year will come with another Poe. Hopefully it’s another new variant

I always buy battle packs, so those two are a given for me, no matter how disappointing they could end up being.

The 4+ sets are of zero interest to me.

I'm hoping that the Anakin in 75269 has an alternate face that looks less evil so we can finally have an updated ROTS Anakin without the headset. If not, I have no reason to get it.

The Tatooine sets look good, but I certainly won't prioritize yet another landspeeder redo, and while the hut looks nice, I don't really see any justification for the $30 price point, definitely not worth more that $20-$25 IMO. Also I will say I'm going to miss the flexible tubes used on the front of previous landspeeders, even if the new look may be more accurate.

TIE Dagger and the new X-Wing sound interesting, but are also quite overpriced and there's no way I'll buy them without significant discounts or promos.

The 2 busts sound really cool, can't wait to see how they turn out/how much they cost.

and D-0 sounds interesting, hopefully he's at least somewhat useful in the movie without taking away too much spotlight from BB-8 and R2. I feel like our concentration of cute droids is a bit high.

2 hours ago, mern said:

I'm hoping that the Anakin in 75269 has an alternate face that looks less evil so we can finally have an updated ROTS Anakin without the headset. If not, I have no reason to get it.

The Tatooine sets look good, but I certainly won't prioritize yet another landspeeder redo, and while the hut looks nice, I don't really see any justification for the $30 price point, definitely not worth more that $20-$25 IMO. Also I will say I'm going to miss the flexible tubes used on the front of previous landspeeders, even if the new look may be more accurate.

We've already seen both of Anakin's expressions for the Mustafar set (and Obi-Wan's). I agree with the hut not being worth 30$, I do want it but seen as how I got both Yoda and Luke's hut for less than 15 each I'll wait for the price to drop

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

We've already seen both of Anakin's expressions for the Mustafar set (and Obi-Wan's).

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, thanks for the reminder. I like the Anakin face but I'm not a huge fan of what they did for Obi-Wan, maybe it'll grow on me though.

On 9/16/2019 at 10:51 PM, Lego-Freak said:

I already have Poe's Black X-Wing from TFA but a line-up like that would be enough to get me to buy another (at a discount, at least).

Shame about the seeming lack of Padme in the duel set also. Is it too much to ask to have a non-TPM variant of her that isn't battle damaged or with those CW cartoon eyes (ie a regular adult Padme)? 

Edited by SEmrys

1 hour ago, SEmrys said:

I already have Poe's Black X-Wing from TFA but a line-up like that would be enough to get me to buy another (at a discount, at least).

Shame about the seeming lack of Padme in the duel set also. Is it too much to ask to have a non-TPM variant of her that isn't battle damaged or with those CW cartoon eyes (ie a regular adult Padme)? 

Lego primarily makes sets based on battles or vehicles, outside of TPM the only battle she is in is Geonosis. Other non-TPM things I could see her appearing in are the silver shuttle from the start of AotC or a Mustafar set, but the first one is highly unlikely and the second isn't happening either. I think our best bet at getting a non-TPM / non-Geonosis Padme is the possible Clone Wars Season 7 sets (I'm fairly certain they won't use that awfull minifiguredesign again)

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Lego primarily makes sets based on battles or vehicles, outside of TPM the only battle she is in is Geonosis. Other non-TPM things I could see her appearing in are the silver shuttle from the start of AotC or a Mustafar set, but the first one is highly unlikely and the second isn't happening either. I think our best bet at getting a non-TPM / non-Geonosis Padme is the possible Clone Wars Season 7 sets (I'm fairly certain they won't use that awfull minifiguredesign again)

I kind of get their reasoning. It's just a shame such a central character has so few variants outside her Tattooine garb. 

I was quite keen on getting the Mustafar set due to her rumoured inclusion. Now, less so. 

Those battle packs still have my attention though! 

On 9/26/2019 at 12:04 AM, Guyon2002 said:

I don't think Padme is expected to play a part in any of the upcoming story arcs (Bad Batch, Ahsoka's Walkabout and Siege of Mandalore). Seeing her appear in a Clone Wars set next year seems pretty unlikely to me. Although I don't have an issue with another TPM/Geonosis figure down the line. Theed Battle and Droid Factory variants are just as important as a Mustafar one being that they're her main action outfits.

1 hour ago, wesker said:

Theed Battle and Droid Factory variants are just as important as a Mustafar one being that they're her main action outfits.

Totally forgot about those tbh. But I'd really like to see them!