MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

13 hours ago, Another Brick In The Wall said:

Another UCs take on the Imperial Shuttle is a certainty. It can only go one way, though, because 10212 was close to perfection in my view.

Personally I think there's actually a fair bit of room for improvement in it. Some shaping could be improved with new pieces, the underside is just a vast stretch of ugly antistuds (and like... its on a pretty tall stand, the underside is VERY visible), the wing guns aren't articulated properly, and as @lowlead said the entire engine section is pretty lacking in terms of accuracy.

A new UCS Imperial Shuttle would certainly be welcome, especially since the last one’s price is starting to creep upwards. I’d also like to see TIE Interceptor and TIE Advanced remakes since the old models look pretty dated. 

I hope they bring out something new first, like an A-Wing or a TIE Bomber. Dare I ask for something from the prequels? 

30 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

A new UCS Imperial Shuttle would certainly be welcome, especially since the last one’s price is starting to creep upwards. I’d also like to see TIE Interceptor and TIE Advanced remakes since the old models look pretty dated. 

I hope they bring out something new first, like an A-Wing or a TIE Bomber. Dare I ask for something from the prequels? 

Yes. To everything you said. I second everything. More TIEs, A-Wing, prequels, hell even sequels

12 hours ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

Sorry to beat a dead horse, what size AT-AT do we consider to be UCS. I have built raskolnikovs Plus size AT-AT, which I know is not Cavegod proportions, but seems very stable to me, and I would consider that to be a UCS ballpark size.

Cavegod's is greater than minifig scale. It's inconceivable that a UCS model would approach such proportions. The standard AT-AT is daunting at just over 1000 pieces, so even if they go up to 3,000 pieces in a hypothetical UCS model it would represent a great balance between stability and size. 

5 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

The large hike in price over RRP is the most  likely reason TLG will revisit the UCS Imperial Shuttle given their pricing practices with the re-issued Death Star and Falcon

A revision to the TIE Advanced is probably more urgent from strictly a build perspective but I don't think the last UCS Tie Fighter sold that well. 

6 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

Personally I think there's actually a fair bit of room for improvement in it. Some shaping could be improved with new pieces, the underside is just a vast stretch of ugly antistuds (and like... its on a pretty tall stand, the underside is VERY visible), the wing guns aren't articulated properly, and as @lowlead said the entire engine section is pretty lacking in terms of accuracy.

All excellent points. I am naturally pessimistic that these things will be rectified and the existing design could potentially be further compromised with the introduction of play features. 

Edited by Another Brick In The Wall

On 9/9/2019 at 1:49 AM, Magmafrost said:

The chance of getting a UCS AT-AT any time soon was 0% to begin with. Its just not possible to build one that meets Lego's strict stability requirements with pieces that currently exist.

You say that, but look at the T-Rex and Stranger Things sets this year, or other sets like Voltron. Since these comments were made, Lego have really improved their stability in big sets, even articulated ones. The T-Rex can fall over quite easily, but still passed the tests and features tons of articulation

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-star-wars-2020-set-rumours/

Some 2020 set names revealed. Weird that we are getting Kylo's TIE microfighter again, I hope it includes Kylo himself. We are getting TIE Fighter with red wings (probably for TROS, maybe the new Ren's TIE) and an orange and blue X-Wing (Poe's I assume). Also, we are getting a D-O set (like BB-8 or Porg ones). The 16+ adult sets are confirmed to be busts, Stormtrooper and Boba Fett.

Based on that vague description, it could also be a TIE Dagger: 

latest?cb=20190721233917

This is most likely the set that includes the third Knight of Ren whose head has leaked a while ago :sweet:

I wonder why it says “orange and blue” X-Wing... From what we’ve seen Poe’s new ride is entirely orange :wacko:

Edited by Lego-Freak

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Some 2020 set names revealed. Weird that we are getting Kylo's TIE microfighter again, I hope it includes Kylo himself. We are getting TIE Fighter with red wings (probably for TROS, maybe the new Ren's TIE) and an orange and blue X-Wing (Poe's I assume). Also, we are getting a D-O set (like BB-8 or Porg ones). The 16+ adult sets are confirmed to be busts, Stormtrooper and Boba Fett.

Kylo Ren’s TIE microfighter is probably his newer TIE Interceptor rather than his TIE Silencer from TLJ and the previous microfighter

51 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

This is most likely the set that includes the third Knight of Ren whose head has leaked a while ago :sweet:

I wonder why it says “orange and blue” X-Wing... From what we’ve seen Poe’s new ride is entirely orange :wacko:

TIE Dagger sounds awesome. I’m still holding out hope for all the Knights Of Ren eventually, preferably by 2021. I’ll get Poe’s new X-Wing because I like variation but it would be nice to get Resistance X-Wings with other Resistance Pilots besides Poe. I hope by the third wave of TROS sets, they’ll include spoilery characters. 

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

latest?cb=20190721233917

Poe’s new X-wing is probably the one he had while in New Republic Navy T-85 X-wing the top of the line model, compared to outdated T-70 Resistance models.

37 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m still holding out hope for all the Knights Of Ren eventually, preferably by 2021.

Personally, I hope the release them in pairs. If the rumoured TIE fighter set includes two (preferably checkerboard Ren along with the leaked one), then the whole gang may be rounded out next summer :sweet: 

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It might be his fighter from the first trailer, where rey flips over it. 

I'm annoyed that these droid/porg/ketamine fueled yoda sets are becoming more frequent, are they really selling well enough to have more than one per year?

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It might be his fighter from the first trailer, where rey flips over it. 

I'm annoyed that these droid/porg/ketamine fueled yoda sets are becoming more frequent, are they really selling well enough to have more than one per year?

2017 - BB-8

2018 - Porg

2019 - Yoda

2020 - D-O

One set per year.

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

2017 - BB-8

2018 - Porg

2019 - Yoda

2020 - D-O

One set per year.

I think the point he’s making is that the gap between Yoda and D-0 is shorter, coming at only 6 months or so. 

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

It's mostly grey/blue with some orange around the cockpit

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor star wars the rise of skywalker

12 minutes ago, Skyfoogle said:

That list also mentions a Snowspeeder. No way we'd actually get ANOTHER one of those one year after the 20th anniversary kit. Come on.

We did see a new(?) snow planet in the D23 trailer so this might be a new version of the First Order Snowspeeder

29 minutes ago, Skyfoogle said:

That list also mentions a Snowspeeder. No way we'd actually get ANOTHER one of those one year after the 20th anniversary kit. Come on.

It might help to look at the types of sets that came out last January. 

30 minutes ago, Skyfoogle said:

It’s a 4+ set :wink:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's mostly grey/blue with some orange

In leaked toy pictures, it’s mainly orange, with a couple of white spots (the tips of the wings and the nose). The only blue part are some sections of the engines... Then again, toys don’t have to be that accurate, just look at the first TFA wave of toys :tongue: For instance, TLG weren’t the only ones not to get the Upsilon-class shuttle right :grin:

75266: First Order Trooper Battlepack - 105 pieces - 4 figures - $15

75267: The Mandalorian Battlepack - 102 pieces - 4 figures - $15

75268: 4+ Snowspeeder - 91 pieces - Luke and snowtrooper - $20

75269: Anakin v. Obi-Wan - 208 pieces - similair in size to 75236: Duel on Starkiller Base - lava and 2 mining droids - Anakin and Obi-Wan

75272: TIE Dagger - 470 pieces - $80

75273: Resistance X-Wing - 761 pieces - $90

75276: Stormtrooper helmet - 647 pieces - bigger than previous busts

75277: Boba Fett helmet - 625 pieces - bigger than previous busts

75278: D-0 - $70

That TIE Dagger is a rip-off

So the "adult" sets are the big helmets... those were the Zebra sets right... there is a marvel one coming... Iron Man bust possibly..?? 

Tie is definitely overpriced, though what else is new on that front

I assume all these are January 2020? 

So my day 1 hit list is probably 

- both battle packs, anakin vs obi wan, obi wans hut, boba bust, and possibly one of the two ROS sets depending on how I feel about the movie 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

75272: TIE Dagger - 470 pieces - $80

Wow. Okay, that's an arrow to the knee. I hope that's a fat finger typo and should have meant 770 pieces. And if not i'm curious how they plan to justify that.

Wow.  Just wow.  The TIE fighters have been overpriced at $70 since 2015, but at least they've had more than 500 parts.  The X-wings have been overpriced at $80 since 2015 too, but at least they've had 700+ pieces.  But another $10 hike in the X-wing price is a real big Star Wars tax.  Definitely going to wait until that comes down.  In the meantime, maybe I'll buy another 75218 on discount ....

4 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

So the "adult" sets are the big helmets... those were the Zebra sets right... there is a marvel one coming... Iron Man bust possibly..?? 

Nope, the Zebra theme has nothing to do with these busts, at least as far as we know :classic:

Glad to hear it’s a TIE Dagger, as suspected :sweet: Maybe the set includes something besides the TIE itself? I know, it’s not that likely, but still... For that price they’d better include all four of the remaining KoR :head_back:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

That TIE Dagger is a rip-off

Let's wait for the minifigs (new moulds?), the parts (big, new?), and - most important of all - the unavoidable discount. :laugh:

As pretty much everyone has said, TIEs tend to be overpriced and the retailers usually drop the price quickly. And unless the TIE Dagger is a key vehicle in the movie and the movie is a huuuge success, the price will go down. (And I am rather certain that the TIE Dagger  will be a background vehicle, at best on par with the TIE Striker, at worst something like the Range Troopers. And the times when 'blink and you miss them'-vehicles of Star Wars sold well are long past).

Btw., I am not kidding about that new mould thing... if there is a new TIE pilot helmet with tubes and an enclosed neck, I'd buy this set at full price. ...maybe multiple times, depending on the other minifigs, And if there is no reason at all for this price tag, I trust the power of voting with your wallet.

Its a shame Padme isn't included in the Mustafar Duel set but everything else sounds good. The TIE Dagger is the perfect set for more Knights of Ren. They've already designed a face print for one of the four remaining ones (the knight with the big "hat") so I'd be surprised if that particular knight isn't included. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long to see which characters are coming with Poe's X-Wing. Jannah seems likely but Leia or Nien Nunb would be great as well.

The busts sound like they could be pretty cool. The Darth Vader and Sith Trooper ones turned out pretty well and these new ones are supposed to be even bigger.