MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

On 9/3/2019 at 5:25 PM, Guyon2002 said:

Those are the Clone Flametroopers present during the Second Battle of Geonosis (season 2 - episode 5 - Landing at Point Rain)

Ahh now I recall. The brutally killed the Geonosians in those caves :snicker:

An ideal Battle pack for Episode 9 for me would be 2x Sith troopers & 2x Jet Troopers. given each appear only once in sets in this year's wave..

4 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

An ideal Battle pack for Episode 9 for me would be 2x Sith troopers & 2x Jet Troopers. given each appear only once in sets in this year's wave..

I think Sith Jet Troopers are more likely than regular FO Jet Troopers :laugh:

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

Do we have prices for the RoS Sets?

In euro:

Death Star Canon - 20 

A-Wing - 30

Y-Wing - 70

Speeders - 40

AT-ST Raider - 60

Yoda - 100

Kylo's Shuttle - 120

Falcon - 160

Thanks and also yikes. I had hoped that the speeders would be cheaper, well I guess the gbp price could be better but I doubt it, that shuttle does tempt me.

And so the Death Star’s 12 year long reign will come to an end. I was beginning to expect that set to be around for ever.

I did not expect to see 75192 on that list either. I thought for sure LEGO would keep it around like the Death Star as the flagship of the line (and as a big middle finger to anyone sitting on one for an investment) 

9 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

And so the Death Star’s 12 year long reign will come to an end. I was beginning to expect that set to be around for ever.

I did not expect to see 75192 on that list either. I thought for sure LEGO would keep it around like the Death Star as the flagship of the line (and as a big middle finger to anyone sitting on one for an investment) 

Both no real surprise. According to the pattern they'll bring back a new version of the DS in 2021. 

10143 Death Star II - 2005/2007

10188 Death Star - 2008/2015

75159 Death Star - 2016/2020

I was expecting 75159 to be around longer after the long lifespan of 10188, although I suppose 2020 is an appropriate time to retire it since many of the set's minifigures have recently been updated (Stormtroopers, Leia, Obi-Wan, R2-D2, Imperial Crew) and the older ones will need to be phased out of production. The downside to releasing another new one in 2021 means it is going to take the spot of other locations that either haven't been done yet (Lars Homestead, Geonosis Arena, Yavin IV, Jedi Temple) or ones that haven't been revisted in a while (Endor Bunker, Jabba's Palace, even a proper Cantina)

There's some more sets listed for retirement this December. I'm surprised to see Cloud City will also be going so soon.

December 2019

75200 Ahch-To Island Training
75230 Porg
75259 Snowspeeder (20th Anniversary)
75208 Yoda's Hut
75222 Betrayal at Cloud City
75226 Inferno Squad Battle Pack
75225 Elite Praetorian Guard Battle Pack
75261 Clone Scout Walker (20th Anniversary)
75218 X-Wing Starfighter
75199 General Grievous Combat Speeder
75221 Imperial Landing Craft
75247 Rebel A-Wing Starfighter (4+)
75224 Sith Infiltrator Microfighter
75233 Droid Gunship
75229 Death Star Escape
75228 Escape Pod vs Dewback Microfighter
75262 Imperial Dropship (20th Anniversary)
75238 Endor Assault (Action Battle)
75223 Naboo Starfighter Microfighter

Really interesting that 3 of the 20th Anniversary sets are retiring this December and the other 2 won’t retire for a whole extra year.

Definitely feels like shorter timeframes for the MF, Cloud City and Tantive IV sets than I expected 

Guess I have to make a decision on the Falcon, Death Star and Cloud City. Tantive IV is already on my definite list, probably for May 4, 2020, hoping to get a discount a nice GWP.

With the long-rumored ISD now out of the way, what are the best rumors for what will be next? I assume 1 UCS and 1 MBS in 2020?

6 minutes ago, autolycus said:

With the long-rumored ISD now out of the way, what are the best rumors for what will be next? I assume 1 UCS and 1 MBS in 2020?

No rumours just yet. We can make guesses but it’s best not to post those here because people can’t tell the difference between rumours and wishlists. 

20 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

No rumours just yet. We can make guesses but it’s best not to post those here because people can’t tell the difference between rumours and wishlists. 

Yup, don’t want no stinking wishlists! I just wasn’t sure if any rumors had started leaking out.

Dang they must have barely sold any Cloud Cities...Glad I grabbed mine for 20% off when I did. And the Falcon is going away seemingly quickly too, I was sure that was going to last at least 5 years.  

Where do you get those lists btw? Internal leaks or is there a place on lego's website to check?

14 minutes ago, Another Brick In The Wall said:

I can honestly see Cloud City appreciating in value significantly after retirement.

There's probably a ton of reselllers who share your viewpoint. I anticipate supply to exceed demand, meaning little to no gain on investment, much like every other UCS set from the last few years. You can still pick up 10240 for close to retail. 

1 hour ago, TheRacker said:

Dang they must have barely sold any Cloud Cities

To me this is proof that the AFOL market isn't as large as we like to think it is. For years people on these forums asked for a new cloud city, and now it's going away just as fast as it came. I know it's not what a lot of people want to hear, but the OT doesn't resonate with the younger audience as much as it did with the older audience. I know when I was younger I found a lot of what happened in ESB to be boring, especially the cloud city parts.

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

To me this is proof that the AFOL market isn't as large as we like to think it is. For years people on these forums asked for a new cloud city, and now it's going away just as fast as it came. I know it's not what a lot of people want to hear, but the OT doesn't resonate with the younger audience as much as it did with the older audience. I know when I was younger I found a lot of what happened in ESB to be boring, especially the cloud city parts.

I'd say people don't buy it anymore, because it's just a very disappointing set. Yes, yes, nice minifigs and nice little Slave 1, but the rest is sooo uninspired, it hurts.

2 hours ago, TheRacker said:

Dang they must have barely sold any Cloud Cities...Glad I grabbed mine for 20% off when I did. And the Falcon is going away seemingly quickly too, I was sure that was going to last at least 5 years.  

Where do you get those lists btw? Internal leaks or is there a place on lego's website to check?

Rebelscum has an article on it:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Nothing_Lasts_For_Ever_LEGO_Retiring_Star_Wars_Sets_185078.asp

Just now, m4st3rt3ch said:

I'd say people don't buy it anymore, because it's just a very disappointing set. Yes, yes, nice minifigs and nice little Slave 1, but the rest is sooo uninspired, it hurts.

The disappointment always seemed overblown to me. What were people expecting? Every time someone asked for a new Cloud City set they either wanted a playset done in the style of the Death Star (which is what we got) or they were only interested in getting updated minifigures.

36 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

I agree. Lego designers dropped the ball on two consecutive ESB UCS sets. Hardly confirmation that the AFOL segment is small, but rather they are discerning.  

Edited by Another Brick In The Wall

15 minutes ago, wesker said:

The disappointment always seemed overblown to me. What were people expecting? Every time someone asked for a new Cloud City set they either wanted a playset done in the style of the Death Star (which is what we got) or they were only interested in getting updated minifigures.

It's the way how the set is put together. No problem with a playset, but then it should be a playset. Those little death star scenes for $20-30 are much nicer than everything in CC.

5 hours ago, Another Brick In The Wall said:

I agree. Lego designers dropped the ball on two consecutive ESB UCS sets. Hardly confirmation that the AFOL segment is small, but rather they are discerning.  

I assume you’re referring to the tantive? Wasn’t labeled a UCS but I agree. I also don’t understand why adults are interested in play sets / features in the first place but this forum says they are. 

2 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

I assume you’re referring to the tantive? Wasn’t labeled a UCS but I agree. I also don’t understand why adults are interested in play sets / features in the first place but this forum says they are. 

I think he meant Assault on Hoth. That’s two very expensive playsets that were not well-received by AFOLs. I have neither myself, but mostly because I’ve had higher priorities as I came out of my dark age right around when Assault on Hoth was out and then retired. I’m on the fence with Cloud City. I like certain parts of it, but it’s an awkward size for displaying.