MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I really hope that hair is for Mustafar Padmé, I’ve wanted that figure for a long time and we still haven’t gotten a Padmé from ROTS at all 

This is a good point. I also vaguely remember Disney not being keen on making Slave Leia merchandise after they acquired Lucasfilm. 

1 minute ago, Aegis2000 said:

This is a good point. I also vaguely remember Disney not being keen on making Slave Leia merchandise after they acquired Lucasfilm. 

Eventually they will have to wander into that territory, if they keep everything they own as child-friendly as possible they will eventually lose a ton of customers. 

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Eventually they will have to wander into that territory, if they keep everything they own as child-friendly as possible they will eventually lose a ton of customers. 

Disney has actually released product based on Slave Leia following the acquisition, so I think the reports of a "ban" on the character were overstated (or just wrong). As I recall, there was a glut of her Hasbro action figure (in multiple scales) warming pegs around when Disney bought Lucasfilm, and some parents made a stink about being confronted with rows and rows of nothing but a half-naked Leia when shopping toy stores with their small kids. When those figs finally cleared off shelves, people decided Disney was behind it, when it was probably just that the character/product was oversaturated to begin with, and Hasbro, etc. didn't see the need to go there again any time soon.

And, getting back to LEGO... I wouldn't get my hopes up about that hairpiece. Everything I've read and everything I've been told points to 2 figs in the set, not 3. 

Edited by jdubbs

Assuming its for Star Wars and doesn't belong to either Slave Leia or Mustafar Padme, the only other logical candidate I can think of is a new Celebration Leia. Now that the previous hair mold has been retired the slave braid would be a closer match to her hairstyle than Padme's redesigned hairpiece from the 20th Anniversary Podracer. Only problem with that theory is that there's nothing to indicate Yavin IV is on the horizon - whereas we know Mustafar is definitely coming and possibly something related to Jabba.

Fireside Padme is the only other instance I can think of anyone having a braid like that in the films but I think we can all agree that's one minifigure that isn't going to happen.

3 minutes ago, wesker said:

Assuming its for Star Wars and doesn't belong to either Slave Leia or Mustafar Padme, the only other logical candidate I can think of is a new Celebration Leia. Now that the previous hair mold has been retired the slave braid would be a closer match to her hairstyle than Padme's redesigned hairpiece from the 20th Anniversary Podracer. Only problem with that theory is that there's nothing to indicate Yavin IV is on the horizon - whereas we know Mustafar is definitely coming and possibly something related to Jabba.

Fireside Padme is the only other instance I can think of anyone having a braid like that in the films but I think we can all agree that's one minifigure that isn't going to happen.

There's nothing about that photo that says "leak" to me... the fact that some Instagram guy slapped a watermark on it doesn't make it new. It's an old, existing part whose print could easily have been removed, or perhaps it's an unfinished prototype or mold injection test. With the plate and stacked heads supporting it, it looks like any ordinary ebay listing for the part, rather than a photo taken by a factory worker.

8 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Anakin gave him quite a few reasons to make a face like that.

:grin:

13 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

There's nothing about that photo that says "leak" to me... the fact that some Instagram guy slapped a watermark on it doesn't make it new. It's an old, existing part whose print could easily have been removed, or perhaps it's an unfinished prototype or mold injection test. With the plate and stacked heads supporting it, it looks like any ordinary ebay listing for the part, rather than a photo taken by a factory worker.

Huh, interesting....

The Anakin head looks nice. Not a whole lot different from the previous one, but still very accurate.
The other one, if it's Obi-Wan's, is very nice indeed. I never really liked the previous head, so this one is a real improvement, even though the beard is a bit fuller than the real version's, I believe.

Regards,
Mitch

I'm worried the Padme/Leia hair leak might just be a rare un-printed version of the old hair piece and not a leak at all.

3 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I'm worried the Padme/Leia hair leak might just be a rare un-printed version of the old hair piece and not a leak at all.

It is kinda looking like that’s the case. I hope not though, it’s about time we got that version of Padmé

13 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

*snipped youtube video*

Thanks for that! There's not a whole lot to see, it is a teaser trailer after all, but what I can make out looks great!
Nice to see what the AT-ST Raider is inspired by. 
The armor on The Mandalorian looks a little more scarlet in the trailer than the reddish-brown on his figure (and, admittedly, earlier footage if I recall correctly). Kinda too bad the figure doesn't have the scarlet, but oh well :thumbup:

4 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

And production of the Kenobi and Cassian Andor tv shows is officially confirmed for 2020.

Yes! So happy about this. The Kenobi series that is. Might produce some interesting sets as well :wub: 

Regards,
Mitch

2 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

The armor on The Mandalorian looks a little more scarlet in the trailer than the reddish-brown on his figure (and, admittedly, earlier footage if I recall correctly). Kinda too bad the figure doesn't have the scarlet, but oh well :thumbup:

It's been said the the Mandalorian updates his armor as the story progresses :wink:

Ah, yes, that'd make sense.
Well, hopefully there will be additional sets, like The Mandalorian's ship.

Regards,
Mitch

On 8/24/2019 at 1:34 PM, CF Mitch said:

Ah, yes, that'd make sense.
Well, hopefully there will be additional sets, like The Mandalorian's ship.

Regards,
Mitch

I believe there was a set in the leaked 2020 list that the leaker said something like "If theres another mando set it'll be this", and I doubt the leaked mando torso was from the battle pack, as the series doesn't look like it'd include other mandalorians and they probably wouldn't put the titular character in a battle pack.

On 8/24/2019 at 11:38 AM, Lego-Freak said:

It's been said the the Mandalorian updates his armor as the story progresses :wink:

Which we do have a leak of a second mando torso, might be in the above set

Didn't a BrickLink seller have loads of that unpainted hair a while ago? I think it's more likely that someone has grabbed an image off Taobao and people jump on it as a leak.

Edited by Robianco

If that rumoured project Huckleberry battle pack are mandalorians, that would be an interesting battle pack. 

1 hour ago, dvogon said:

If that rumoured project Huckleberry battle pack are mandalorians, that would be an interesting battle pack. 

As far as I know, the only Mandalorian in the show is the eponymous character :wink: If there are others, they probably wouldn‘t spoil it that way

Sorry for the double post, but a recent rumour has been confirmed via a leaked t-shirt: there's also going to be a Sith Trooper variant of the FO Jet Trooper in TROS, same helmet and everything, just in red. Seems like a good match for the rumored battle pack, doesn't it? :sweet:

Not that it means anything, but there's a cool new Clone Trooper variant (not familiar with the type?) for the promo images of the "Lego Stars Wars Battles" mobile game they just announced today. Seems to be some sort of commando with a flamethrower or something. I find it interesting because every other of the 10 or so characters shown are figs already out there. Clone Wars sets in the summer perhaps? 

Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 3.42.05 PM.png

1 hour ago, Ultron said:

Not that it means anything, but there's a cool new Clone Trooper variant (not familiar with the type?) for the promo images of the "Lego Stars Wars Battles" mobile game they just announced today. Seems to be some sort of commando with a flamethrower or something. I find it interesting because every other of the 10 or so characters shown are figs already out there. Clone Wars sets in the summer perhaps? 

Those are the Clone Flametroopers present during the Second Battle of Geonosis (season 2 - episode 5 - Landing at Point Rain)

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor clone flametrooper

3 hours ago, Ultron said:

I wouldn't put my faith on a game character becoming a real minifigure, looking at lego's history of digital models never made flesh (plastic?) such as Dexter, some Cantina NPC aliens, Boss Nass, or even the Fathiers from the TLJ short. Add to that that this particular trooper would have been a perfect addition to the 2015 Geonosis BP, as much as I would love it I don't think we'll be getting a phase I flametrooper anytime soon. Then again we can always hope and dream, but I'd wait for a more substantial (or atleast physical) leak, until then, as you noted, this could not mean anything.

The Sith Troopers and Sith Jet Troopers form the 105th battalion, at least according to a leaked shirt. So, while there won‘t be a 501st battlepack for the foreseeable future, there‘s a good chance for a 105th battlepack :laugh_hard:

21 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The Sith Troopers and Sith Jet Troopers form the 105th battalion, at least according to a leaked shirt. So, while there won‘t be a 501st battlepack for the foreseeable future, there‘s a good chance for a 105th battlepack :laugh_hard:

Where did you see that shirt?

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

So close yet so far :wall: