MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, wesker said:

I'd love to see Padme included but I'm not getting my hopes up. At that price range it seems like the type of set that will focus on play functions and the actual participants of the duel above anything else. She doesn't seem to fare as well as the other main heroes with set inclusions either, especially compared to other female characters like Leia and Rey. This year's Podracer is the first appearance she's made in 6 years and prior to that there was an even bigger 12 year absence between 1999-2011.

At the very least I'm hoping Anakin and Obi-Wan have been notably updated since their last appearance. Their previous figures were good for the time but they both could be made to look more accurate by today's standards.

I think it's insane how they hold back on updating on our main SW characters. We don't expect any special prints but they could at least use the new hairmolds available; TLBM Gordon hair for Obi Wan - it was recoloured already in the JW line in his dark orange. And maybe Lloyd's new hairpiece for Anakin.

With the prints there isn't much you can do - if they dont use dual molding and skirt pieces (which they wont) you can either make the pants the colours of the boots; the colour of the only like 15% visible pants (which for some reason they always decide to do..) or extend the coat/Kimono; with some superficial print for pants. The latter one was done for the latest Mace Windu figure. And it looks amazing. Probably best Kimono print of any Jedi figure. Compared to the horrible AT-whatever-T version, where he used white for the legs, even though this white was barely visible due to knee boots and almost knee lengh kimono.

At least they will not be able to rehash any random face for Anakin. Like they did for last Padme :ugh:

5 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

TLBM Gordon hair for Obi Wan - it was recoloured already in the JW line in his dark orange

Speaking of which, I really hope they give Obi-Wan another hair colour this time, namely medium nougat.

1 hour ago, Swamp said:

Speaking of which, I really hope they give Obi-Wan another hair colour this time, namely medium nougat.

Same here. I've been wanting it updated for a while now. The buildable figure of Obi-Wan used nougat for the hair color and it looks so much more accurate than the dark orange that the minifigures use.

21325pb01.png

42 minutes ago, wesker said:

The buildable figure of Obi-Wan used nougat for the hair color

Huh, it never actually registered with me... but indeed, it looks so much more right than dark orange.

I'm expecting the Obi-Wan vs Anakin set to be similar to the Kylo Ren vs Rey set from this year. Two figures with a location build with a few functions.

Sounds very plausible, and I think it might actually look good.
It doesn't have to be very elaborate, though I would like it if there were some bars/bridges-type for the duelists to balance on, like in the scene.
But they'll probably go for more of a 'high ground'-type scenario, like they did with the 9494 Anakin's Jedi Interceptor.

Regards,
Mitch

Regarding the '16+' designated to 75276 and 75277, it would be logical to assume that these would be Jedi: Fallen Order-related considering the previous age restrictions of 16 placed on Battlefront and Battlefront II. The Stinger Mantis would be an obvious choice for one set of their piece count range (600-650 pieces). 

24 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

I heard rumour a few months ago that we are getting a 501st Battle Pack, is this true?

You're joking, right?

14 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I heard rumour a few months ago that we are getting a 501st Battle Pack, is this true?

501st battlepack is pure wishlist for now, although Lego has acknowledged that they know we want it. But as of now, there is nothing that points to getting one anytime soon. Never say never, but there’s no solid rumor as of now to my knowledge.

16 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Beating a dead horse...

1 hour ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Wait, why does this topic still exist, if Harry Potter 2020 got shut down.... we have no information aside from set numbers.

We also have two sets confirmed by LEGO themselves, complete with official set photos.

Edited by jdubbs

8 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

Leak on Instagram of a alien minifig head that is claimed to belong to a Jabba Thug

That's a lame leak, we've already gotten that species before. Doesn't really make me excited.

On 7/16/2019 at 8:12 AM, Guyon2002 said:

2. I believe there is a Bantha coming in one of the other 2020 sets

On 7/16/2019 at 8:50 AM, wesker said:

The Bantha is coming as part of a Microfighter set which isn't quite the same as getting a proper figure of one.

Exactly. I don't want a brick-built Bantha, but a molded one.

5 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

A molded Bantha in a Microfighter pack would make no sense. Dewback Microfighter we got a while ago looked really nice tbh.

7 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

I said the same thing about the dewback microfighter, but when I actually saw it I liked it more than the 2014(?) mold

On 7/28/2019 at 5:31 AM, Guyon2002 said:

I said the same thing about the dewback microfighter, but when I actually saw it I liked it more than the 2014(?) mold

Nah I gotta say the molded one is much nicer. It’s a more accurate size, and just looks better. But I’m a sucker for creature molds. I’m not enticed at all by the prospect of an undersized brick built Bantha microfighter. No appeal at all to me. I’ll probably buy it because lego might be using it as a popularity test run to introduce a new Bantha in sets and I can’t disappoint. I really want a molded one, it is far overdue. That also goes for the Arena monsters

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Nah I gotta say the molded one is much nicer. It’s a more accurate size, and just looks better. But I’m a sucker for creature molds. I’m not enticed at all by the prospect of an undersized brick built Bantha microfighter. No appeal at all to me. I’ll probably buy it because lego might be using it as a popularity test run to introduce a new Bantha in sets and I can’t disappoint. I really want a molded one, it is far overdue. That also goes for the Arena monsters

And Mynochs.

30 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

And Mynochs.

I actually really liked the brick built Mynoch. I feel like it’s small enough that it doesn’t matter either way. Although I have to say those little molded Corellian Hounds are awesome. But the Rathtars were terrible

Please be careful this doesn't turn into a wish-list thread.