MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

This thread collects everything you think you know about 2020 LEGO Star Wars sets; discuss your opinions here! Please read before posting:

• Stay on target. stayontarget.gif
  • No wish lists. Remember that this topic is for discussing sets that are rumored to come in 2020. If it's something you wish to see or something you think that we will see sometime in the future, but not something that's actually rumored to be a 2020 set, then it is pure speculation and it belongs in the Future Star Wars Sets topic. (We also have a topic for minifigures you want to see, which might be more appropriate.)
  • No fighting. Yes, we actually have to post that!
  • If you post news in this thread, it will not be transferred over to the 2020 News thread.  Be smart, think about what you are posting and in what thread you are posting. This IS your warning!
  • If you have substantiated news, you can post it in the 2020 News thread. If your news is not able to be substantiated your post will be removed.
  • If you choose to post fabricated information; you can expect to be banned. It's not worth the fifteen minutes of internet fame.
  • Do not post watermarked or confidential images; they will be removed and the poster will be dealt with appropriately. As stated in our Member Guidelines:
      Sinner said:

If you find an image of a new LEGO set and it is incredibly blurry or stamped "Confidential", it is a leak-please don't post it here. If you are uncertain, PM a member of the staff for guidance and include a link to the questionable material.

This topic is for 2020 discussion, not 2021, and not 2019.  We will make a new topic when we feel it is necessary.  If your post was on the boards, and now it's not...there is a good chance it was either hidden or moved.  Off topic posts, placing info in the wrong thread, or a request from LEGO to remove something; these are all possible reasons why something may have disappeared.

blogicon.pngblogicon.pngblogicon.png

Eurobricks Star Wars Forum Spoiler Policy
With regards to upcoming sets and rumors: Read at your own risk. This is a topic about potential items to be released. If you do not want to know, stay out of these forums!!!

With regards to spoiler tags: these are not required and we will not force anyone to use them.  That being said, I'm sure if you did use them, the community would be a much happier place!  Please be respectful of others. If a member used a spoiler tag, their intention was to keep something quiet; it was a courtesy to others. If you choose to comment on the contents of that spoiler tag, please refrain from publicly mentioning what the contents of the spoiler were!!!

With regards to movies: We feel that two weeks from the release date is an ample amount of time for most people to view a movie. Once a movie is released in the US, we the staff, will do all we can to curb the usage of spoilers in any of the topics in the Star Wars forum for two weeks. If you do not see the movie within two weeks, then you read here at your own risk.

This is the policy in the Star Wars forum, going forward. If you did not agree with us in the past, so be it. From this point on, we will not police the threads unless something becomes an issue. We ask that members not minimod (directly telling other members how to behave ) in the thread and tell others to use spoiler tags. If something is a problem, please inform the mods by reporting it. Any questions, please ask in the appropriate thread.

Just noticed how that 6m trans-clear pole in Kenobi's hut does not look nearly as clear as before. It seems they are replacing all of the polycarbonate parts with a much more inferior plastic and not just the canopies from all the Lego summer sets this year.

Also, apparently Ben Kenobi also has a Gaffi stick hanging in his hut, in the back left corner.

23 minutes ago, JekPorkchops said:

Just noticed how that 6m trans-clear pole in Kenobi's hut does not look nearly as clear as before. It seems they are replacing all of the polycarbonate parts with a much more inferior plastic and not just the canopies from all the Lego summer sets this year.

Also, apparently Ben Kenobi also has a Gaffi stick hanging in his hut, in the back left corner.

good catch

20 hours ago, Skyfoogle said:

A new, updated Character Encyclopedia is coming April 2, 2020:

DK's LEGO® Star Wars™ Character Encyclopedia: New Edition is updated to include all the latest and new LEGO Star Wars minifigures! Meet amazing minifigures from all the Star Wars movies- including new minifigures from Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker.

Discover incredible LEGO Star Wars facts, such as which minifigure is the rarest and which can be found in the most LEGO sets. This new updated edition contains more than 200 best-loved minifigures, including Luke Skywalker, C-3PO, Chewbacca, Rey, Kylo Ren, and BB-8.

The book also comes with an exclusive LEGO Star Wars minifigure!

If proto fett is any example, tis should be a good figure

I actually kinda love Kenobi's hut as a set. It may be overpriced but I'm definitely going to get it eventually (maybe simply because I haven't got a newer Tatooine Kenobi). I love all the little details and easter eggs in the set. The blue milk carton is definitely a nice touch. There's probably more to the side we're not seeing yet (also really hoping that box has a grey (new) Rebel Pilot helmet for Luke's training helmet). Still dissapinted in the sand-person figure having a moulded head seeing as they should be humanoid wearing a mask (a black head would do if to not ruin the magic).

The landspeeder is definitely my favorite of the ones Lego have made, The back has a lot better part usage and detail and the seating area looks more accurate. The front lacks some detail that the last one had but it's easy to modify. I am also really liking the new Jawa and Luke seeing as I don't have their new Tatooine versions either. I'm upset that they STILL haven't given '3-Po a dual-moulded silver leg. Especially seeing as he appears in soo many Star-wars sets and we've seen CMF's get dual-moulded Silver legs at this point...

I'll probably pick these up eventually, but they're not on the top of my list.

On 7/4/2019 at 3:25 PM, JekPorkchops said:

I think it's the new 'plant' plastic they're switching over too.

On 7/4/2019 at 4:25 PM, JekPorkchops said:

Even more inferior??? Take me back to the 80's and 90's... those bricks could take a punsh... 

Thank you very much for the news! :classic:

All in all Obi Wan's Hut was since long overdue and is a great set! :thumbup: I esp. like all the nice interior details, but would have prefered Ben to have an additonal coat and cape. Plus the build of the hut is a bit unhappy - when you open it, everything is open and so it supposably won't look good in a layout, but when you keep it closed, the opening on the back is too small to have a good look inside or to play inside - in this case Yoda's Hut was imo designed better.

Although we already have gotten more than enough of them, imo Luke Skywalker's Landspeeder is an improvement. :classic: The landspeeder itself looks much more detailed and realistic than all previous versions. Plus having Luke with the cover is some variety. I personally would have prefered the landspeeder to come not with stickers on its sides but with the long piece TLG used before - but that's supposably matter of taste. The small rock and the Jawa are some nice additions. Only the price is imo too huge.

But there are two questions left:

1. Why will we get these sets to celebrate the 20th anniversary of LSW firstly one year after and not in its birthday year?! It's like with the Bricklink ADP where the sets were sold this year instead of last year when there was the 60th anniversary of the brick. :wacko:

2. Where is the Bantha in these two sets?! I've been waiting for one since the beginning of LSW and that TLG didn't include one in these two sets is a huge disappointment! :thumbdown: We can only hope that TLG plans to release the since long overdue Luke's Homestead (with Luke, Owen and Beru) and will include there one.

2 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Thank you very much for the news! :classic:

All in all Obi Wan's Hut was since long overdue and is a great set! :thumbup: I esp. like all the nice interior details, but would have prefered Ben to have an additonal coat and cape. Plus the build of the hut is a bit unhappy - when you open it, everything is open and so it supposably won't look good in a layout, but when you keep it closed, the opening on the back is too small to have a good look inside or to play inside - in this case Yoda's Hut was imo designed better.

Although we already have gotten more than enough of them, imo Luke Skywalker's Landspeeder is an improvement. :classic: The landspeeder itself looks much more detailed and realistic than all previous versions. Plus having Luke with the cover is some variety. I personally would have prefered the landspeeder to come not with stickers on its sides but with the long piece TLG used before - but that's supposably matter of taste. The small rock and the Jawa are some nice additions. Only the price is imo too huge.

But there are two questions left:

1. Why will we get these sets to celebrate the 20th anniversary of LSW firstly one year after and not in its birthday year?! It's like with the Bricklink ADP where the sets were sold this year instead of last year when there was the 60th anniversary of the brick. :wacko:

2. Where is the Bantha in these two sets?! I've been waiting for one since the beginning of LSW and that TLG didn't include one in these two sets is a huge disappointment! :thumbdown: We can only hope that TLG plans to release the since long overdue Luke's Homestead (with Luke, Owen and Beru) and will include there one.

1. These 2 sets aren't part of the 20th anniversary line, they're just normal sets revealed earlier to be shown off at SDCC

2. I believe there is a Bantha coming in one of the other 2020 sets

The Bantha is coming as part of a Microfighter set which isn't quite the same as getting a proper figure of one.

Any clue why these new listed sets, 75276 and 75277 are? They’re listed as “Adult White” and “Adult Green.” An explanation on the post equates “adult” with “16+.” However, the sets only have 625 and 647 pieces. Is it possible these sets could be based on The Mandalorian, explaining the 16+ and the relatively small piece count? Or could they be additional Boost droids, explaining the older age setting and the piece count?

Edited by Aegis2000

1 hour ago, Aegis2000 said:

Any clue why these new listed sets, 75276 and 75277 are? They’re listed as “Adult White” and “Adult Green.” An explanation on the post equates “adult” with “16+.” However, the sets only have 625 and 647 pieces. Is it possible these sets could be based on The Mandalorian, explaining the 16+ and the relatively small piece count? Or could they be additional of Boost droids, explaining the older age setting and the piece count?

The Boost droid additions may make sense..

I wouldn't be at all surprised if one of these 2020 sets with a reasonably large piece count was the Razorcrest from The Mandalorian, but that's just guesswork on my part.

On 7/17/2019 at 4:05 PM, Aegis2000 said:

Any clue why these new listed sets, 75276 and 75277 are? They’re listed as “Adult White” and “Adult Green.” An explanation on the post equates “adult” with “16+.” However, the sets only have 625 and 647 pieces. Is it possible these sets could be based on The Mandalorian, explaining the 16+ and the relatively small piece count? Or could they be additional Boost droids, explaining the older age setting and the piece count?

All Disney+ live-action shows are PG-13, Mandalorian is no exception. 

So now we know Mustafar duel is small 20$ set, do you guys think it’ll only include 2 minifigs: Anakin and Obi-Wan? Or maybe 3 minifigs is possible? Like ep 3 Padme which we still never gotten?

I'm hoping for Wat Tambor, Passel Argente, or another Separatist leader that hasn't been made yet. But at just 20$ I don't think there'll be more than 2 minifigures and possibly a mining droid.

5 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

So now we know Mustafar duel is small 20$ set, do you guys think it’ll only include 2 minifigs: Anakin and Obi-Wan? Or maybe 3 minifigs is possible? Like ep 3 Padme which we still never gotten?

As far as I know, the $20 price point has not been confirmed, but going on 208 pieces is probably correct. If so, it sounds like a Rey vs Kylo set to me and will probably just come with Anakin and Obi-Wan. Of course I would 100% like to be wrong as I would love an episode 3 Padme, but I just can't see it happening.

Based off of the piece counts of the other 2020 Star Wars sets, I'd assume that this would be $30. Both 75270 and 75271 are $30, with 200 and 236 pieces.

1 hour ago, PickleManDan said:

Based off of the piece counts of the other 2020 Star Wars sets, I'd assume that this would be $30. Both 75270 and 75271 are $30, with 200 and 236 pieces.

And as off now, all 30$ ''battle-displays'' had 3 figures. So I'd say a third figure (maybe Ep3 Padme) is relatively possible

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

And as off now, all 30$ ''battle-displays'' had 3 figures. So I'd say a third figure (maybe Ep3 Padme) is relatively possible

I would love ep. 3 Mustafar Padme

31 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I would love ep. 3 Mustafar Padme

Though the only true must-have for this set is the High Ground :wink:

I hope the Obi-Wan vs. Anakin set is similar to Duel on the Strakiller Base set - a cute little diorama, looking like a MOC (in a good way), with many functional ways to play with it. Maybe just a lava plate with some (high)ground and two droids, all of it looking really detailed. 

But here's a great IF - what if the set is actually the Episode IV duel? Honestly, I would be pretty disappointed.

41 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I hope the Obi-Wan vs. Anakin set is similar to Duel on the Strakiller Base set - a cute little diorama, looking like a MOC (in a good way), with many functional ways to play with it. Maybe just a lava plate with some (high)ground and two droids, all of it looking really detailed. 

But here's a great IF - what if the set is actually the Episode IV duel? Honestly, I would be pretty disappointed.

If it was EP 4 set it would be called Obi-Wan vs Vader then

I'd love to see Padme included but I'm not getting my hopes up. At that price range it seems like the type of set that will focus on play functions and the actual participants of the duel above anything else. She doesn't seem to fare as well as the other main heroes with set inclusions either, especially compared to other female characters like Leia and Rey. This year's Podracer is the first appearance she's made in 6 years and prior to that there was an even bigger 12 year absence between 1999-2011.

At the very least I'm hoping Anakin and Obi-Wan have been notably updated since their last appearance. Their previous figures were good for the time but they both could be made to look more accurate by today's standards.