Ayrlego

[GoC] Administrative Offices, Port Woodhouse

Port Woodhouse is situated on Garma's Key, an island located in the Garma Strait separating Cascadia and Celestia. Growth in the settlement has been slow; commercial settlements such as nearby Jameston and Mesabi Landing far eclipse the somewhat sleepy outpost. Despite this; Port Woodhouse has long been earmarked as the administrative hub for Corlander colonisation in the East Prio Sea. New work in Port Woodhouse is being carried out to make this a reality. Earlier this year, the completion of large fortifications was the first major expansion. Now, new buildings are being constructed to house an expanded military and bureaucratic presence.

48186226636_b2e749826b_c.jpg

Here Colonial Governor Colonel Sir Dirk Allcock and Brigadier Sir Andrew Howe conduct an inspection of the guard before touring one of the latest administrative buildings to have been completed. These offices are manned by Army staff charged with ensuring that the Corlander military garrisons in the Paradise Isles are properly supplied and equipped to defend Her Majesty's holdings. 

Hi everyone! I'm finally back and building for BoBS again. As some of you will be aware I've been back a few weeks now but I've been having a castle building phase (which isn't over just yet!). Unfortunately I have been quite unwell and this has affected my ability to spend any amount of time in front of a computer screen, so I am still a bit behind catching up on my six months away. Luckily it hasn't effected my building and things are slowly returning to normal(ish) now. Anyway here is my first BoBS build; Dirk will be doing some planning of his own and you should see some renewed vigour in Corlander development and administration in the area of his Governorship coming soon!

PS. If anyone has any tips for shooting (or editing) photos of white Lego on a white background, I'd be very interested to hear them as I really struggle... as you can see! :)

Another stunning build! I love the Port Woodhouse aesthetic, and I think you improve on it each time. A really elegant build!

Also, hope you get better soon :pir-sweet:

Great to see you back with a gorgeous build !

Halas I see white bricks and white background are a problem for you too. I tend to avoid white background when I build in white. Like using a blue background for example like I did in my Guild of Historica builds when I tend to build elvish architecture. I didn't found a way to have enough contrast between the LEGO bricks and the background when they are all white.

In this build you succeed in having enough contrasting colours around the walls that diminish the whiteness (is it a real word ? ... ?) of the rest but perhaps a light blue background behind could help.

once again an excellent build from you

Another usual :thumbup: for this amazing built.

Nice to see you back at BoBs, we missed you !

Your roofs are really nice and I will surely borrow your windows design

Really cool office buildings, you nailed the colonial style!  The tower looks great and effective use of yellowed bricks!

Another wonderful build from you! Great detail all around, and you always find a way to make your builds feel alive. I really like how you've used SNOT construction around the edges to build up the uneven terrain. And something as simple as the round plate between the two round bricks on the sides of the windows (rather than making up the required height with a square plate above or below) really impacts the attractiveness of the window architecture. Excellent! :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Kai NRG said:

effective use of yellowed bricks

Wait, are they yellowed bricks? I thought they might be, but I also figured they might be light tan or very light yellow. I love using knackered old bricks, so fair play if you managed it here.

4 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Wait, are they yellowed bricks? I thought they might be, but I also figured they might be light tan or very light yellow. I love using knackered old bricks, so fair play if you managed it here.

Yep they are old yellowed white bricks - they come in handy for the Colonial stucco look!

Another great build from you sir! 

Your texturing with colours is on top for walls and roof. 

Wonderful build @Ayrlego! The building is extremely realistic, with its nice roof and the scrapings of the wall. Palms and terrain are very nice too. It absolutely deserved the first page! :classic:

Another beautiful build of yours, I like it a lot!

The building itself is nicely done, with the small tower breaking up the otherwise possibly monotonuous sillhouette. What really raises it to the next level - both figurativel and literally - is the base though. The irregular shape as well as the different ways the ground rises - pathway and vegetation and rocks - make the whole MOC stand out. Really well done! :thumbup: