M:Tron mech for prospecting ore fields in rough terrain. It walks forward automatically when filled with air pressure using a sequence of 8 pneumatic pistons (in trans neon green) and 14 switches. Inspired by Kevin Clague's walkers, various leg motions are synchronized and move in lock-step to keep the mech stable.

I wasn't sure if this belonged here or the sci-fi section, mods feel free to move if needed.

ns-forum.jpg

More pictures and video: https://www.flickr.com/photos/141514326@N04/albums/72157709337341107

Holy Bricks! This is way too cool! Really love the colors, and those wheels for feet is awesome. All that pneumatic wiring adds another dimension to this model too! :thumbup:

Also, didn't know pneumatic pistons exists in trans neon green. Did it come out a long time ago?

Fantastic look and really cool pneumatic loop. I think you put in in the right place - If you out it in the sci-fi section I would've missed it ;-)

This is most definitely the right place to show this! That is an awesome build! ... But the sci-forum does need some love, so I'd say post it there as well. :wink:

And I can't believe you have 8 of those pistons! *huh* How did you get them all?!

Maybe it should be a good candidate for TC16 also (at least if it hasn't been posted elsewhre before).

Impressive build and nice reptation walk.

Thanks all! The trans neon green pneumatics are test-produced pieces that didn't appear in any set (see this thread) and were what originally inspired this model, although they did come in trans clear and trans light blue in a few Lego education sets. I just finished it and haven't posted it before, so it might be a good fit for that contest. The red looks kind of Martian anyway. :grin: