So, after what felt like an eternity the rebuild to red is finally complete:

IMG_7427.JPG

IMG_7423.JPG

IMG_7425.JPG

IMG_7426.JPG

I had to use the full extent of my Powers of the Dark Side to get all the nececary bricks in red color. So no, I am sorry there will never be instructions for the Red Version. I did some minor visual modifications while I was at it as well :wink:

Looks amazing in red, and photos fantastic as well, chrome rims shining in the sun is very beautiful!

3 minutes ago, syclone said:

Looks amazing in red, and photos fantastic as well, chrome rims shining in the sun is very beautiful!

Agree totally. When I look at first two photos I thought I'm looking at real car :thumbup:

Looks really good in red, shapes are showing much better than in black version!

Although I am a Lego purist by heart I can really appreciate this build:thumbup:

Looks sweet, nice match to some enkei wheels which seem to be a favoured period mod.

779_xlarge.jpg

Looking forward to receiving my part of the deal, looks like they should be here Monday.

Edited by amorti

So I just finished this an hour ago after three long but very enjoyable days of building. 

1280x720.jpg

1280x960.jpg

Wow! What a masterpiece this is. I will be honest, I held off on building this because it required a bunch of painted or off brand pieces (I went with the former), but it was 100% worth building. The building style is incredible with a ton of stuff I had never seen. I've built a lot of supercars but this surprised me multiple times. The gearbox is pretty much flawless. First gear has almost no resistance and the car can just roll along across my entire desk with a single push. The bodywork is very clean, almost no holes and the ones it does have are just hidden by the black color, so it's not noticeable. And lastly, the gear stick is genius and the first time I have seen a ''remote'' gearbox done right. The fact that the whole drivetrain is built transversally makes it even cooler and more impressive. 

I do have a few complaints or nitpicks:
The front is too flat, where the real NSX is very curvy. 
I am not a fan of the liftarms over soft axles technique. This also made the frunk quite fragile
While almost everything is rock solid, the gears to the steering wheel could be braced better. 
I am no expert, but shouldn't a RHD car have the gears on opposite side of a LHD car? 

@LvdH I am glad you enjoyed my MOC :blush:

22 hours ago, LvdH said:

*snip* shouldn't a RHD car have the gears on opposite side of a LHD car? 

I had to look it up on the internet too while building the NSX, but appearently the shift pattern stays exactly the same, 1st is still right up in rhd cars. Pedal placement is the same as well.

On 11/15/2020 at 7:36 PM, Gray Gear said:

A few more pics with the new wheels from the CADA Ferrari 488 Pista :blush:

Do you have a part list of the red parts?

8 hours ago, aniking said:

Do you have a part list of the red parts?

Sorry m8, the red colored bodywork contains a good ammount of Non-LEGO bricks, and there is no parts list for the rebuild. I even had to do some small modifications to complete the rebuild in red, and there are no instructions for them. I am afraid I cannot help you :sad:

On 2/5/2021 at 8:07 AM, Gray Gear said:

Sorry m8, the red colored bodywork contains a good ammount of Non-LEGO bricks, and there is no parts list for the rebuild. I even had to do some small modifications to complete the rebuild in red, and there are no instructions for them. I am afraid I cannot help you :sad:

ok. did you build it from the beginning or just changed the color?