8 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

I see black wheel arches at the rear.. were they painted?. are you planning on making instructions? Would like a little video of it too :)

I wondered nobody commented that on that earlier. I know this might trigger some people, but I'm gonna be honest with you all. They are from china, the chrome rims are as well, and some other stuff I could not find in the right color. I dont give a lot about where my bricks come from as long as they are good quality, and when LEGO decides the only wheel arch colors available should be Orange or some rare as hell blue tones I'm not gonna comply with that. The only color options for this car for me were White, Red or Black. And since NICO71 already did Red and White and I had a lot of black Bricks already, I went with Black.

I dont know If doing Instructions is worth the trouble, because its no use if noone builds your Model. And I dont know if anyone would want to Mix their Lego with some off brand pieces the way I do. The only way to build this model in one color is to get some off band wheel arches. But anyone is ready to use some off brand pieces, Black, Red and White should be possible, probably even more. You think it still would be worth it?

I have some beginner Skills in LDCad, but i have not been able to figure out how to make instructions. Tips are welcome ;)

Youtube Video might be coming in the Future.

I have never done any video editiong before, and I am still stuck with my Smartphone (Oneplus 5), I dont have a real Camera.

So we'll see how that goes.

Edited by Gray Gear

10 minutes ago, Rockbrick said:

my boss has a real one in red - I think I prefer this lego version instead!

I want to at least see a NSX in real life once, and this dude owns one? He is one lucky guy. 

Could you maybe take a picture of the area between the Seats where the wall behind the Seats meets the center tunnel? I have not been able to find any pictures of that.

Probably there's nothing worth noting there, but I have no Idea.

If you can't, no worries. I dont know if your boss is chill or not :wink:

16 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

I wondered nobody commented that on that earlier.

Just my 2c: no need to talk about the white elephant in the room. It´s evident they are painted and no need to apologize. Move on with your next idea :excited:

Edited by brunojj1

1 hour ago, Thorsten50 said:

@Gray Gear

Nice car ! Have you ever considered making a construction manual ?

I would like to do that.

https://pixelts.de.tl/

I kinda do want to make some instructions, but It is only worth the time If people build your model. And my Build requires to get some non-LEGO bricks, which are a LEGO mold but different color. They are pretty affordable on Aliexpress, but I dont know if anyone would really want to do it. I can see you have a lot of experience doing instructions for other models. And honest work obviously isnt cheap, right? While I do not want to make a lot of money by selling instructions, I also dont want to lose money. New bricks cost enough already :wink:. What would I have to provide you with for you to make some instructions, and what would you like paid?

Edited by Gray Gear

Hi Grey Gear! 

What was the duration of planning it in ldd? 

7 hours ago, Csuji said:

Hi Grey Gear! 

What was the duration of planning it in ldd? 

I didn't use LDD or any other Software exept Sariels Model Scaler to build this model. I just built it from real Bricks right away. I dont like building stuff in LDD or LDCad first, its just not as fun and way more frustrating than building with real bricks right away. I only use LDCad to try some stuff with parts I dont have.

On 7/4/2019 at 11:02 PM, Gray Gear said:

I kinda do want to make some instructions, but It is only worth the time If people build your model. And my Build requires to get some non-LEGO bricks, which are a LEGO mold but different color. They are pretty affordable on Aliexpress, but I dont know if anyone would really want to do it. I can see you have a lot of experience doing instructions for other models. And honest work obviously isnt cheap, right? While I do not want to make a lot of money by selling instructions, I also dont want to lose money. New bricks cost enough already :wink:. What would I have to provide you with for you to make some instructions, and what would you like paid?

It only costs time and annoying.

1 hour ago, Thorsten50 said:

It only costs time and annoying.

Ich müsste dir ja ein virtuelles Modell des NSX zur verfügung stellen, damit du daraus dann eine Anleitung  erstellen kannst. Das müsste ich erstmal machen, mit LDCad würde ich das wahrscheinlich sogar hinkriegen. Und wie stellst du dir das dann vor? Du erstellst die Anleitung und wir teilen die einnahmen durch verkaufte Anleitungen auf? Und die Anleitung dann auf Bricklink stellen? Ich hab sowas noch nie gemacht :wink::look:

3 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

Ich müsste dir ja ein virtuelles Modell des NSX zur verfügung stellen, damit du daraus dann eine Anleitung  erstellen kannst. Das müsste ich erstmal machen, mit LDCad würde ich das wahrscheinlich sogar hinkriegen. Und wie stellst du dir das dann vor? Du erstellst die Anleitung und wir teilen die einnahmen durch verkaufte Anleitungen auf? Und die Anleitung dann auf Bricklink stellen? Ich hab sowas noch nie gemacht :wink::look:

Just a friendly reminder, this is an English speaking forum.

For a chance to build this car I would love to be able to get instructions. @Thorsten50 makes fantastic plans!! I would probably paint the parts I needed...no problem! You did a great job on this car!!

3 hours ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

For a chance to build this car I would love to be able to get instructions. @Thorsten50 makes fantastic plans!! I would probably paint the parts I needed...no problem! You did a great job on this car!!

Thank you for your words. You are like the first person to not only like my creation, but also be willing to recreate it that I know of. I'll stay in touch with Thorsten, but it will probably take a while till I can get stuff done, so It will take at least 1.5-2 months or more till instructions could be done.

Gray Gear

21 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

Thank you for your words. You are like the first person to not only like my creation, but also be willing to recreate it that I know of. I'll stay in touch with Thorsten, but it will probably take a while till I can get stuff done, so It will take at least 1.5-2 months or more till instructions could be done.

Gray Gear

He may be the first to vocalize it but I think many would build this if instructions were available, it looks beautiful.

Many would love this car!! And working with Thorsten is something special - so much experience and very professional. You won’t regret it!

In my opinion, doing instruction is cool, even if I probably wouldn't build the car, as I don't have the parts, I will gladly look at the instructions just to see how it's made. It can always be useful to have new ideas.

I am working with Thorsten50 to create instructions for this model, but it will still take a while.

I somehow happened to get a set of these sweet Rims :classic:

RedMetallicRims.jpg

I'll post a Pic of the NSX  with these, when I finally have her back in one piece again :wub:

Edited by Gray Gear

7 hours ago, bonox said:

wow - that model will look fabulous with those sweet rims :)

I think so too, the red interior will match the rims nicely. I just wish there were some more differently shaped rims available. Some 90s style rims would be so cool as well :wub:

These wheels sure will make a fantastic addition to an already meshmerizing car. Too bad "70x28 futuristic wheels" aren't big enough, otherwise they could've simulated Advan 3-spokes:

nsxadvan1.jpg

Damn, those are some cool wheels :sweet:

I thought about building a RWB Porsche a while back, but without any deep dish Rims...

I hope LEGO will release another Supercar soon, so I can get some Rims other than the Porsche ones. The Bugatti Rims are just not my taste.

I really want a set of 5 or 6 spoke rims. These would look good on almost any car you can think of :blush:

Beautiful MOC, it A really close representation of the model from the 90s. Curious and interesting on the instruction coming out for this NSX!! I am interesting to see what will be you next model. Keep it up and don’t give your models are well done!!

Fantastic model! I really want to build it when the instructions are available. Only detail I'd think about is trying to fill the two gaps on the hood.