Brick Cucumber

Overwatch promotional Tracer figure.

When the Overwatch wave first launched, a bunch of Lego influencers were sent a promo box featuring a exclusive Tracer Figure (Idk if it counts fully seeing as it's only the acessories from the figure) and the D.va & Reinheardt 75973 set.

The Tracer figure had two exclusive versions of the new gun piece in gold.

yhqI4sm.png

It even came in a little box with a bag inside and instructions on the back.

BxRdDSF.pngCc4V0ko.png

I've looked around, but I can't find the box or figure listed on Brickset or Bricklink and Bricklink doesn't even list the part in that colour.

Anyone got any information on this promo? How many of this figure were produced?

There is no disclosed information as to how many were produced of the minifig.

Only influencers got the minifig, and too few even bother with Bricklink, let alone play with LEGO, hence why the part isn't listed.

8 minutes ago, PenPlays said:

Only influencers got the minifig, and too few even bother with Bricklink, let alone play with LEGO, hence why the part isn't listed.

Most Lego Youtuber's got the box as a promotion. I would suspect either they or their audience would have at least listed the part on Bricklink.

I was also curious about this -- wasn't sure if it was just the lighting, but the guns and apollo studs seemed a different shade of gold than normal. Weird how it isn't on Bricklink yet...

2 minutes ago, legozebra said:

I was also curious about this -- wasn't sure if it was just the lighting, but the guns and apollo studs seemed a different shade of gold than normal. Weird how it isn't on Bricklink yet...

Maybe it's the new foil gold from the Apollo 11 set. It looks like a pretty good fit.

Edited by Brick Cucumber

22 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Most Lego Youtuber's got the box as a promotion. I would suspect either they or their audience would have at least listed the part on Bricklink.

I wouldn't exactly say "most." The larger ones, definitely, but a lot went out to Overwatch influencers primarily.

21 hours ago, legozebra said:

21 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Maybe it's the new foil gold from the Apollo 11 set. It looks like a pretty good fit.

It's drum lacquered gold like the Lunar Lander, yes.

I might try getting in contact with Lego customer support (or whichever division of their advertisement that did this promotion) to find out exactly how many were made. Mostly because I recently scored a genuine one from an eBay auction which was given out as a giveaway. I'll also try to update Bricklink or Brickset with the parts if I can find out how many were made. Really chuffed with this find though. Thank you all for your help, I'll update if I do get some more info.

DbdCmhs.jpgxw95Pye.jpgs7MJlpv.jpg

5 hours ago, Ragana9289 said:

What was it released for ?

The promotion was there alongside the launch of the 2019 Overwatch wave. Mostly for influencers to share it and promote the sets to their audience and raise more awareness for it.

8 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

The promotion was there alongside the launch of the 2019 Overwatch wave. Mostly for influencers to share it and promote the sets to their audience and raise more awareness for it.

There must be some irony here somewhere for them to get an exclusive set to raise awareness about...a game? Upcoming sets? Yet here we are not knowing about it, needing to get info from someone other than them. Haha

Looks like we have an answer thanks to the new Overwatch Lego Ideas contest. A total of 250 Tracer promotional figures were made. So only 500 of that piece in drum-lacquered gold exist. Good to know.

vdWcPYh.png

Still not listed on Bricklink. It doesn't really have a set number printed on it. I'm thinking about adding it to Bricklink but I have no idea how to do it. Anyone knows?

On 2/18/2021 at 7:27 AM, o0ger said:

Still not listed on Bricklink. It doesn't really have a set number printed on it. I'm thinking about adding it to Bricklink but I have no idea how to do it. Anyone knows?

When you log in to Bricklink, at the top of the page on the menu with "price guide", "colour guide", etc. there's a button called "add or change". From there you can select the option to add a set.

Beyond that, I don't know - never had a set to add myself, so I've never run through the process - but it'll probably walk you through it.

On 2/19/2021 at 10:57 PM, Alexandrina said:

When you log in to Bricklink, at the top of the page on the menu with "price guide", "colour guide", etc. there's a button called "add or change". From there you can select the option to add a set.

Beyond that, I don't know - never had a set to add myself, so I've never run through the process - but it'll probably walk you through it.

Thanks @Alexandrina, I think I managed to figure it out: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=owtracer-1&name=Promotional Tracer Figure&category=[Overwatch]#T=S&O={"iconly":0}