TAFOL

[MOC] Frog King

With the introduction of Queen Watevra Wa'Nabi in the LEGO Movie 2 sets, LEGO produced a nice new part; a pearl gold crown. At first, I didn't think too much of it. Or at least, that was until I came across Jason Pyett's Magic Circle technique. Thanks to a bit of inspiration from the Efteling (a Dutch theme park which is all about fairytales), I immediately thought of a lillypad with a frog king on top of it. And with Jason's circle technique, I could perfectly execute my plans. I immediately began building at the end of April/beginning of May and after about 2 months, His Amphibic Highness is sitting quietly between the cattails. I hope you find him as majestic as I do.

48153295397_37bff8bb53_c.jpg

Frog King by TAFOL, on Flickr

You can view more pictures on my Brickshelf and/or on my Flickr.

And please like and share this MOC on Facebook.

Edited by TAFOL

An excellent Brick-built MOC The way you built those reeds and lilly pad is amazing. Also that crown piece where's it from?

also that cape

Thanks for the kind words.

The crown can be found in set 70824 Introducing Queen Watevra Wa'Nabi70820 The LEGO Movie 2 Movie Maker70838 Queen Watevra's 'So-Not-Evil' Space Palace, Queen Watevra's Build Whatever Box! and some sort of Polish magazine

The cloak is from some old Belville sets, in particular set 5812 King and 5808 The Enchanted Palace. I hope this helps. 

This MOC is well executed, @TAFOL so I've posted it on the Eurobricks frontpage.

So if someone were to kiss the Frog King, would he turn into a handsome king or would the person turn into a frog? :laugh:

Thank you for the honor, Mister Phes. It's very much appreciated. :blush:

I haven't read any books about frog magic, so I don't really know. Though I imagine the Frog King to be wanting a Frog Queen by his side, so I guess that's what may or may not happen. :wink:

Really impressive moc. In fact I didn't expect the cloak to be also an official Lego part. Nice find and an overall thumbs up for the work involved.

Wow, the way you've built that circular water is perfect! It looks like it has tiny waves and ripples going through it. The frog is simple, but very nicely sculpted! :thumbup::laugh:

Thanks for the compliments. 

The way I built the water was actually a money saving necessity. As trans-light blue 1x4 bricks without tubes (part nr 3066) were too expensive and too scarce to get, I had to order about 200 1x2 plates to put the water together. I'm glad you like it as such.  

OMG this moc makes me so happy. I love him.  The cape really is a over the top touch (in a great way) that makes me laugh. Again, love it.