Arnoob

42043 Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3245 air hoses

This is the first time I build a pneumatic model and I don't understand the manual of the 42043 Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3245 on this part. I can not figure out the way the hoses are connected with the switches: which hose is it connected to which switch. I looked at the photos on this site and elsewhere but most of the time only the bottom is showed. Can anybody enlighten my confusion?

Hello,

I checked the instructions, for me it is clear. There are picures, when You need to connect a tube (blue/black/gray), it shows the valve, and the required connector is marked with the color (bloe/black/gray).

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1236771/Lego-Technic-42043.html?page=267#manual

I hope this helps, because 42043 is Technic on its best! 

No doubts on the 42043, I just rebuild the crane for the third time and I guess I slowly understand how the wiring should be. The colours on the swiches is clear, problem is/was to put what hose on which swich.

I know, and as a newby I am absolutely stunned by the ideas, techniques and building capacaties I see on this forum. I have a long way to go I guess :wink:

Guess you are right, but in fact I just liked the Merc very much and found out about the pneumatics difficulties later on. But I will get there (or ask my 8 year old grandson to help me ...). After al  it's all about air going in and out so there must be some kind of logic in it :grin:.

I also recently got the same set, and I have to say the pneumatic hosing is huge pain to get right, because the space is very tight and getting the crane to turn smoothly seems almost impossible with all the hosework stuffed in there. But it's a beauty to behold once you get it to work well enough.

If it help; you can always use tweezers. IMHO big help is T-part in vareous colors below turntable so if you concentrate you'll see it is not such problem...good luck

I just realised I never shared the end of my problem. After looking at some speedbuilds of the truck and some puzzling the cause of not working turned out to be a very sharp knick in the tube coming from the  pump. Now I have  a very glad grandson. Thanks for your support!