pantelis

[MOC] Pirate Island vs Imperial fort

15 hours ago, DonRamon1981 said:

P.S. the East  India Company by the British had an Army with Blue Costs instead of the typical British Army red... before they had been replaced by the Imperial fleet when the crown took total control in the 19th century.

I guess Lego did not thought that far in history as they simply made blue and Red uniforms inspired by the British and also the names. The neutral flags of both factions indicates that Lego first did not apply to any country when they made them, simply taken the Red ones because if the similarity to British Uniformsto represent them later in within the pirates of the Carribean line.

But like I said we play the blue as French :-)

thanks DonRamon1981 for the history documents..how was the buildings in this period to take an idea for a moc???:classic:

Yeah a lot of. 

You can very much use the 80s castle black and grey stones and build fortress on the sea side in a star formation. 

The architecture was pretty brought over from Europe, that's why New England States have similar architecture to England and Spanish Colonies to their Home Land too. So you can pretty keep the style from castle a little bit. In Spanish or Carribean Sea they used very often bright colours like white grey and yellow light brown too because of the sun and the heat.

28 minutes ago, DonRamon1981 said:

Yeah a lot of. 

You can very much use the 80s castle black and grey stones and build fortress on the sea side in a star formation. 

The architecture was pretty brought over from Europe, that's why New England States have similar architecture to England and Spanish Colonies to their Home Land too. So you can pretty keep the style from castle a little bit. In Spanish or Carribean Sea they used very often bright colours like white grey and yellow light brown too because of the sun and the heat.

Thank you very much for the informations i want to see at the internet some buildings of this period.this days i finish a castle theme that i post yesterday and now i thinking the next pirates moc..

57 minutes ago, pantelis said:

Thank you very much for the informations i want to see at the internet some buildings of this period.this days i finish a castle theme that i post yesterday and now i thinking the next pirates moc..

This website has pictures specified on the topic seaside fortresses from the 18th century (1700-1799) which fits exactly into the pirates theme

P.S. Google for Southsea Castle Portsmouth

The Skull island is so cool! I like how you used the slopes to create the rock. I know the pieces are laid freely, yet the result but looks so compact!

Edited by Ultimo

7 hours ago, Ultimo said:

The Skull island is so cool! I like how you used the slopes to create the rock. I know the pieces are laid freely, yet the result but looks so compact!

Thank you very much Ultimo for watching my creation and for your feedback..i hope you enjoy the build!!

19 hours ago, DonRamon1981 said:

Still looking at your MOC as it is one of my favourites here... just wanted to give extra props again. Really nice build

Thank you very much DonRamon for your support im very glad for this..!!!:classic: