pantelis

[MOC] Pirate Island vs Imperial fort

1 hour ago, pantelis said:

Thank you Atilio for your nice comment.iam a man of 80s and believe me when i make this moc that was in my mind...:classic:

Cool, I am also from '82, so I can imagine, keep doing such amazing things

I am a big Castle fun, but my second-best was always Pirates, 

Now just thinking about (and collecting bricks and figures) how I would create a MOC which has piracy and Castle Fantasy Era trolls united in it,

43 minutes ago, Atilio said:

Cool, I am also from '82, so I can imagine, keep doing such amazing things

I am a big Castle fun, but my second-best was always Pirates, 

Now just thinking about (and collecting bricks and figures) how I would create a MOC which has piracy and Castle Fantasy Era trolls united in it,

Hahaha me too..i make a lot of castle creations and with black falcons and lions minifigs.if you want you can see my creations...:classic:

18 minutes ago, pantelis said:

Hahaha me too..i make a lot of castle creations and with black falcons and lions minifigs.if you want you can see my creations...:classic:

Just looked around, you should have a tremendous amount of bricks right now to construct such amazing things,

I like those Castle themed ones pretty much,

23 hours ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

Are the red and blue imperials meant to be the same fraction? I always thought the reds were the British redcoats, and the blue imperial French. So them working together to stop pirates would have been unlikely. Heck they even paid pirates against each other

This is LEGO Pirates, not a 100% accurate historic recreation - creative liberties are to be expected. :pir-classic:

Besides, Pantelis hasn't stated the relation between the two factions so whether they've allied is merely assumption.

This is all so nice. Love all the subtle detailing, the interior as well.. Have bookmark the page for future reference, lol.

Lego should think of releasing something similar, an Imperial fort or pirate cove with lots of nooks and crannies to stage minifigs. I am sure fans would love it. All we have been getting so far are small builds and facades.. nothing meaty.. My suggestion would be to build on the last wave and add an item or two (or few) every few years (you don't need to release everything in one wave). If it is going to be another ship, maybe it could be a trading vessel or one from the Orient. Maybe even a village or trading port like in the days of old.

8 hours ago, Criosphynx said:

I'm so happy you included the clipper. Nice build :)

thanks for watching Criosphynx..yes i also think the clipper is a fantastic lego set..!!

1 hour ago, reddx said:

This is all so nice. Love all the subtle detailing, the interior as well.. Have bookmark the page for future reference, lol.

Lego should think of releasing something similar, an Imperial fort or pirate cove with lots of nooks and crannies to stage minifigs. I am sure fans would love it. All we have been getting so far are small builds and facades.. nothing meaty.. My suggestion would be to build on the last wave and add an item or two (or few) every few years (you don't need to release everything in one wave). If it is going to be another ship, maybe it could be a trading vessel or one from the Orient. Maybe even a village or trading port like in the days of old.

thanks for your comments reddx..i support your comment 100%..we need something like the old days..i believe if lego give as a set like you describe funs really love it..!!thanks again for your feedback!!

1 hour ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Lovely... the use of new pieces is a perfect touch! :wub:

thanks for watching Lego Train..i think most of my mocs want to have the atmosphere of the old with some of the new pieces..thanks again for your comment.!!!

13 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

This is LEGO Pirates, not a 100% accurate historic recreation - creative liberties are to be expected. :pir-classic:

Besides, Pantelis hasn't stated the relation between the two factions so whether they've allied is merely assumption.

exactly the only think was to see the lovely old pirates minifigs!!:classic:

4 hours ago, pantelis said:

exactly the only think was to see the lovely old pirates minifigs!!:classic:

As you're the builder, you can also create the backstory of what has been happening.

So maybe the blue coats and red coats made a temporary alliance...  or maybe they have a trade agreement...  or maybe the red coats and really blue coats in disguise...  the possibilities are endless!

9 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

As you're the builder, you can also create the backstory of what has been happening.

So maybe the blue coats and red coats made a temporary alliance...  or maybe they have a trade agreement...  or maybe the red coats and really blue coats in disguise...  the possibilities are endless!

Mmm.. Thats interesting Mister Phes... Or i can make little stories with some new vignetes.. Something like " to be continued" of the main story... 

30 minutes ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Excellent creation, very classic!

Thanks for your comment Captain Braunsfeld.. I am glad you like it.. 

I wanted to take a moment to actually comment on this lol ... For me personally the fort is well built and is a beauty of its own however for me what really grabbed me was the Island.  The skull playing homage to the old hide out set was brilliant.  I love that you included the governors ship.   It really gives it the classic feel.  I serously want a hideout of my own like this now lol

On a side note growing up through the same period as you I had always thought the Blue coats were the governors private Army and the Red coats were the same army but were replacing them as the crown took more control of its colonies lol

1 hour ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

I wanted to take a moment to actually comment on this lol ... For me personally the fort is well built and is a beauty of its own however for me what really grabbed me was the Island.  The skull playing homage to the old hide out set was brilliant.  I love that you included the governors ship.   It really gives it the classic feel.  I serously want a hideout of my own like this now lol

On a side note growing up through the same period as you I had always thought the Blue coats were the governors private Army and the Red coats were the same army but were replacing them as the crown took more control of its colonies lol

I want to thank you so much for this comment and the support that you give to my moc. As i said to an other comment iam a fan of 80s and 90s sets of lego. I hope some time give us something from the past. I really want to thank you one more for your great feedback..!! 

These are brilliant! I'm more partial to the Pirate Hideaway myself, and I especially love the Skull build in the front of it! Reminds me so much of the old Skull Island Stronghold set when I was a wee babby.

Does it move like the original? What kind of playfeatures does it have? what did you enjoy the most about building these models?

15 hours ago, pantelis said:

Or i can make little stories with some new vignetes.. Something like " to be continued" of the main story... 

You mean there's an expanded universe of MOC story? :pir-oh3:

10 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

You mean there's an expanded universe of MOC story? :pir-oh3:

Mmm.. I hope.. I want to see my parts at home... But i will be a challenge to make 2-3..stories..:classic:

12 hours ago, Jevil said:

These are brilliant! I'm more partial to the Pirate Hideaway myself, and I especially love the Skull build in the front of it! Reminds me so much of the old Skull Island Stronghold set when I was a wee babby.

Does it move like the original? What kind of playfeatures does it have? what did you enjoy the most about building these models?

Mmmm.. Thanks for your feedback Jevil... At the first the skull yes it can move away like the original and then stays only the rock at the Front and you can se inside that i have a litle stair and goes up... I try to make something to be playble. Like the old sets. So the roof can move away in see the inside that a have a desk and tresures... I try to make the pirate island and use some thinks of a ship. So if you can see you will notice some thinks that a ship has... At the end yes... I really enjoy the building at the first time. To be true all thinks come to my mind when i re-build the ship of imperials...all my mind full up with memories of this really lovely sets that lego give as in the 80s and the 90s....:classic:

On 7/5/2019 at 12:12 PM, Mister Phes said:

This is LEGO Pirates, not a 100% accurate historic recreation - creative liberties are to be expected.

I know, I just had to write a college essay on this subject

2 hours ago, Mpyromaxos said:

Beautifull pirate creation!! :wub::wub:
Classic Pirates was one of the best themes of LEGO!!

Yes my mate this is the true.. We need a new set from lego with lovely Pirates!!! 

On 7/6/2019 at 4:00 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

That is what came into my mind. There is no doubt that the Red Coats are inspired by the British Empire of that time / also Lego used their red coats from the flagship 2010 to represent British Army in England (London Escape / Pirates of the Carribean).

In 1992 the Clipper and the Blue Coats appeared side by side with the Imperial Flagship 1992 and the Red Coats, in the stores and by the commercial flyers and stuff. They just been then completely replaced by the Reds a year after that.

So in 1992 you was able to buy blue AND red coats and they appeared on the same faction. 

Historical wise that is even more correct as companies with colonial armies was first supported by the British Government and later replaced by soldiers from the British Army as the crown took total control of their colonies. 

Lego named both Blue and Red Coat highest officers with British Names and let the story play in British Colonies such as Port Royal in Jamaica, a British Colony. 

Some historical uncorrected as Lego puts 1715/1725 as dates for the pirate theme, but Port Royal has been heavy destroyed already in the 16 90s due to an big earthquake. Kingston took it's place already after that as most important port and pirate place in that time....

What Lego really wanted to do... doesn't matter. We play the blue French because they fit, and we like to have different factions. My son's wishlist is with the Amrada Flagship another faction we don't own yet. 

So whatever Lego really intended, in the end it is what we make out of it.

Edited by DonRamon1981

P.S. the East  India Company by the British had an Army with Blue Costs instead of the typical British Army red... before they had been replaced by the Imperial fleet when the crown took total control in the 19th century.

I guess Lego did not thought that far in history as they simply made blue and Red uniforms inspired by the British and also the names. The neutral flags of both factions indicates that Lego first did not apply to any country when they made them, simply taken the Red ones because if the similarity to British Uniformsto represent them later in within the pirates of the Carribean line.

But like I said we play the blue as French :-)

Edited by DonRamon1981