pantelis

[MOC] Pirate Island vs Imperial fort

Hi to all , i want to share here my first pirate creation to this theme.

I am doing a lot of historic mocs but i want to try something with my lovely pirates theme.

I use some old imperial soldiers and i make a fort for them.

Then i make an island for my lovely pirates minifigs and at the end i remake the imperial ship of the 90s that i love..so this is the result of my moc

48182330356_770b830d0d_o.jpg

48182389807_7e3290a243_o.jpg

48182189077_1b9ec3bf47_o.jpg

48182396337_6df39110a2_o.jpg

48182370112_0935dfd5df_o.jpg

48182378772_f669566e2d_o.jpg

48151224431_d2503af519_b.jpg

48144747801_bb12d306ff_o.jpg

48144837857_7fcd03270a_o.jpg

Edited by pantelis
new photos

These are very nice creations!

Do you have higher resolution photos?  On my 1920x1080 display things are looking a little small!

1 hour ago, Mister Phes said:

These are very nice creations!

Do you have higher resolution photos?  On my 1920x1080 display things are looking a little small!

Thanks for your comment Mister Phes.. Mmm i will try to make some better photos today and some biger. I justa uploded from my flickr.. 

Your MOCs show a lot of promise - if you could get some higher resolution images, they would be good candidates to be featured on the Eurobricks frontpage.

mmm..thanks for this Mister Phes...i upload now some new pics i hope its ok now with the size..thanks again for feedback..

Good build !

As having see your medieval constructions, I immediately recognized your style ! (yes now it seems you've found your style :pir_laugh2:)

It has a great classic feeling and the skull island is well rendered ! I like the rockwork with the slopes just throwed on the water without being assembled !

Too bad that your photography skills could have improved... Be very careful with the lighting. On many of your pictures we have shadows and more light from different spots could help to reduce this effect. And just a minimal photo editing could help to raise the light and better the contrast for example...

So, a great build from you of course, perhaps your best at all for the moment ! Keep up the good job ! :pir-laugh:

12 minutes ago, Faladrin said:

Good build !

As having see your medieval constructions, I immediately recognized your style ! (yes now it seems you've found your style :pir_laugh2:)

It has a great classic feeling and the skull island is well rendered ! I like the rockwork with the slopes just throwed on the water without being assembled !

Too bad that your photography skills could have improved... Be very careful with the lighting. On many of your pictures we have shadows and more light from different spots could help to reduce this effect. And just a minimal photo editing could help to raise the light and better the contrast for example...

So, a great build from you of course, perhaps your best at all for the moment ! Keep up the good job ! :pir-laugh:

Thank you very much Faladrin for your good feedback with all this great advice. Yes the really is that i have to make something with the photos because  i take the photos only with my Mobile. I really like that you notice my style to my creations. I hope you enjoy the build. Have a good day. 

Oh, a pair of fine creations! :excited:

The pirate island hideout is suitably ramshackle, but the orderliness and overall arrangement of the soldiers' outpost really strikes me. Why can't we get some new sets that mimic this, instead of all the empty panels that made so much of the "walls" of the last official "fort"? Good work and keep it up. :thumbup:

8 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Oh, a pair of fine creations! :excited:

The pirate island hideout is suitably ramshackle, but the orderliness and overall arrangement of the soldiers' outpost really strikes me. Why can't we get some new sets that mimic this, instead of all the empty panels that made so much of the "walls" of the last official "fort"? Good work and keep it up. :thumbup:

Thanks Capteain Dee for your comments. i really apricciate your feedback.i really want from lego to give as some nostalgic sets fron the past..:classic:

On 6/30/2019 at 11:23 AM, pantelis said:

Thank you very much Faladrin for your good feedback with all this great advice. Yes the really is that i have to make something with the photos because  i take the photos only with my Mobile. I really like that you notice my style to my creations. I hope you enjoy the build. Have a good day. 

You're welcome.

Taking picture with your mobile phone is not really a problem though. Of course a better device would help, but here, I think a better lighting could do the job. Like @Mister Phes said your MOC is a good candidate for the Eurobrick frontpage ! We really apreciate if you can have better lighted and better resolution pictures to provide... :pir-grin::wink: if you see what I mean...

4 hours ago, Faladrin said:

You're welcome.

Taking picture with your mobile phone is not really a problem though. Of course a better device would help, but here, I think a better lighting could do the job. Like @Mister Phes said your MOC is a good candidate for the Eurobrick frontpage ! We really apreciate if you can have better lighted and better resolution pictures to provide... :pir-grin::wink: if you see what I mean...

thanks once again Faladrin for your advice and how i must take the photos to looks better...i understand what you mean...:wink:  and i hope that i  take some better photos now..i think i fixed some of them!!!:classic:..your feedback is helpful...!! 

13 hours ago, pantelis said:

thanks once again Faladrin for your advice and how i must take the photos to looks better...i understand what you mean...:wink:  and i hope that i  take some better photos now..i think i fixed some of them!!!:classic:..your feedback is helpful...!! 

Happy to help !

The new pictures are good. You've worked well on your photography skills ! congratulations !

Good work, @pantelis!  Thank you for posting the nicer photos, they have certainly improved the presentation of your MOC.

And thank you to @Roadmonkeytj for posting this MOC on the Eurobrick frontpage - this was his first ever frontpage post and he's done a fine job!

Also, an honourable mention to our other new recruit, @Faladrin for his input and assistance with the frontpage post.

Overall, it's been a superb team effort between builder and new team! :thumbup:

Are the red and blue imperials meant to be the same fraction? I always thought the reds were the British redcoats, and the blue imperial French. So them working together to stop pirates would have been unlikely. Heck they even paid pirates against each other

Wow, wow, wow! You know that I'm a Castle guy, but heck, when I see a lovely Pirates (and yes, Imperials, too...) build, I recognize it!
Congrats on being featured on main page!
Very, very nice MOC!

2 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Congrats Pantelis your MOC has made the Front Page!

Thanks so much guys for your support to my moc!! 

Good work, @pantelis!  Thank you for posting the nicer photos, they have certainly improved the presentation of your MOC.

And thank you to @Roadmonkeytj for posting this MOC on the Eurobrick frontpage - this was his first ever frontpage post and he's done a fine job!

Also, an honourable mention to our other new recruit, @Faladrin for his input and assistance with the frontpage post.

Overall, it's been a superb team effort between builder and new team! :thumbup:

Thanks very much Mister Phes for your support and your advice with the photos from the first post. I really appretiate. 

1 hour ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

Are the red and blue imperials meant to be the same fraction? I always thought the reds were the British redcoats, and the blue imperial French. So them working together to stop pirates would have been unlikely. Heck they even paid pirates against each other

Haha... Thats a good comment. Hahaha.. 

42 minutes ago, Aine said:

Wow, wow, wow! You know that I'm a Castle guy, but heck, when I see a lovely Pirates (and yes, Imperials, too...) build, I recognize it!
Congrats on being featured on main page!
Very, very nice MOC!

Aine thank you once again for your good comments and your support to my MOCs.... 

On 7/3/2019 at 11:54 AM, Faladrin said:

Happy to help !

The new pictures are good. You've worked well on your photography skills ! congratulations !

Thank you for your support from the begining to this creation Faladrin. Your feedback help me very much. 

9 hours ago, pantelis said:

Thank you for your support from the begining to this creation Faladrin. Your feedback help me very much. 

Hehe ! You're welcome !

And congratulations for the Front page !

2 hours ago, paintballman said:

Another one excellent build my friend !!!

thank you my mate for your feedback!!!:classic:

Hi pantelis,

this is pretty cool, remembers me my childhood, when we were about 8-10 years old in the beginning of the '90s, and played with the pirate themed sets,

Your MOC is a pretty nice combination of this good old feeling and the new bricks and elements,

Congrats!

1 hour ago, Atilio said:

Hi pantelis,

this is pretty cool, remembers me my childhood, when we were about 8-10 years old in the beginning of the '90s, and played with the pirate themed sets,

Your MOC is a pretty nice combination of this good old feeling and the new bricks and elements,

Congrats!

Thank you Atilio for your nice comment.iam a man of 80s and believe me when i make this moc that was in my mind...:classic: