Sign in to follow this  
pantelis

[Moc] Knossos Palace

Hi to all , i want to share one of my new creations this month the other one i will be post it to the pirates theme...:classic:

Knossos palace in Crete , Greece inspired my creation.

Some words from Wikipedia i will copy here to understand the history of Knossos.

''The site of Knossos was discovered in 1878 by Minos Kalokairinos. The excavations in Knossos began in 1900 by the English archaeologist Sir Arthur Evans (1851–1941) and his team, and continued for 35 years. Its size far exceeded his original expectations, as did the discovery of two ancient scripts, which he termed Linear A and Linear B, to distinguish their writing from the pictographs also present. From the layering of the palace Evans developed an archaeological concept of the civilization that used it, which he called Minoan, following the pre-existing custom of labelling all objects from the location Minoan.

Since their discovery, the ruins have undergone a history of their own, from excavation by renowned archaeologists, education, and tourism, to occupation as a headquarters by governments warring over the control of the eastern Mediterranean in two world wars. This site history is to be distinguished from the ancient. ''

48144875332_10bdb45c57_z.jpg

48144875407_0d264c11c5_z.jpg

48144902807_65a834aac6_z.jpg

48144814466_e1a3d5d361_z.jpg

48144814876_6c6c87beed_z.jpg

48144810281_7ed6cf7c34_z.jpg

48144901257_b7080ec3b9_z.jpg

48144809886_bb50ba64d6_z.jpg

48144811211_f25fa06c68_z.jpg

48144903367_649309cc27_z.jpg

Very nice! I'm reminded a lot of AC Odyssey with this build. Now add some historical reenactors:poke:

That is really cool! It is instantly recognisable even without the sign post. All it needs is a minotaur minifigure ? 

7 minutes ago, AmperZand said:

That is really cool! It is instantly recognisable even without the sign post. All it needs is a minotaur minifigure ? 

Thanks for your post AmperZand.. Yes this is that i want to make for this moc. A labyrinth with the minotaur!!! 

Wow, that's cool build! i like how you deviated from your usual stuff, but also remained true to the historical theme! Pretty one!

1 hour ago, Aine said:

Wow, that's cool build! i like how you deviated from your usual stuff, but also remained true to the historical theme! Pretty one!

thanks for your feedback Aine..i hope you enjoy the history lesson ...hahaha..and the moc...!!!:sweet:

This looks great, like a maquette in an exhibition, I have also visited Knossos, and this gives back the feeling of the ancient ruins under the dry air of Greece during the summer

On 6/29/2019 at 10:51 AM, pantelis said:

Thanks for your post AmperZand.. Yes this is that i want to make for this moc. A labyrinth with the minotaur!!! 

Or even a reenactor with a minotaurus head.

A very nice moc.

1 hour ago, Atilio said:

This looks great, like a maquette in an exhibition, I have also visited Knossos, and this gives back the feeling of the ancient ruins under the dry air of Greece during the summer

thanks once again for watching and comment this creation.i hope you like it and iam glad that you say that is like a maquette of the really Knossos.!!!

1 hour ago, Wout said:

Or even a reenactor with a minotaurus head.

A very nice moc.

yesss..haha..thanks for the feedback i will come back again with new photos when i make this details..!!!