Along the road to the mountain city of Zamorah, Mr and Mrs Miller have their cottage. The grounds have been in the family for generations. The head of the family, Zancibar Miller, is a miller, just as all the other men in his family have been as far back as anyone can remember. 

48137178386_80cf7ceeb8_z.jpg

When Zancibar was young and adventurous (and as convinced as any young man that he would never follow in his fathers footsteps...), he traveled around Avalonia in search of the meaning of life. In his travels he met his wife, an elven Herbalist named Ëlandriel. 

48137177976_5aaeef52a7_m.jpg Zancibar Miller      48137211478_42c25fa99c_m.jpg Ëlandriel Miller

When they wed and got their first daughter, Zancibar felt a strong urge to move back and take over the mill after his father. The young family did just that, and as time passed, the family grew. 

They are now a big family, with three kids that all help with the chores. Ëlandriel has a big garden where she grows all kinds of exotic and rare plants and herbs for her potion making.
Their oldest son, Bertil, helps in the garden and in the mill. Their youngest son Emil is a little rascal that spends most of his days doing all kinds of  mischievous things...

48137273517_3ebc8a3702.jpg  Ëlandriel's garden with herbs and plants

48137177841_63bca46ecd.jpg Ëlandriel Miller selling potions to travelers

48137177916_579d4dca13_m.jpg  Bertil Miller helping collect herbs     48137273777_e9dde1d5c2_m.jpg Emil Miller fishing in the river

Their oldest daughter Catzy has her own carrier-pigeon breeding and messaging service. 

48137273477_2b37868cbc.jpg Catzy Miller and her carrier-pigeon business

The cottage is located right beside one of the big roads leading to Zamorah, and the many travelers that pass their home provide the family’s businesses with regular income.

48137178131_48cae480b7.jpg Ëlandriel Miller waiting by the road to greet travelers

48137273222_46dace995d.jpg Zancibar Miller hauling a bag of seeds to the upper floor

48137177801_77c318f276.jpg Waterfall that powers the water wheel

The main road also serves as one of the patrolling routes for the soldiers from Zamorah, which is good for keeping the business safe from robbers and outlaws.

48137177506_89c078e7f2.jpg Troops from Zamorah patrolling the road

48137273452_5c1957a482.jpg Troops from Zamorah patrolling the road

Spoiler

The idea for this moc came when I saw @Full Plate 's Orange Brick Road. So the carrots was the start of the idea. But the orange carrot is hard to use as roof because it is a so bright colour (new clay tiles is almost as orange though). So I had to use brighter colours in the whole MOC, which was kind of hard. And to do it harder I used no bley/gray colours at all so I could make it to a entry in the Summer Joust 2019, category "No Bley".

The MOC is my first freebuild for the HSS task.

Here is some more Pics:

48137273127_4818298117_q.jpg  48137177416_e2bb48440c_q.jpg  48137211803_0c1bb0fe39_q.jpg  48137211058_9def23cb85_q.jpg  48137210963_08543eb185_q.jpg  48137211378_d541c1e3e4_q.jpg  48137273402_9c2d6907e1_q.jpg

Edited by Zilmrud

As I mentioned on Flickr, you did a good job of incorporating the vibrant color of the carrots into this MOC!  And as I didn't mention, that's a lovely collection of pigeons and I really like your use of the new three-leaf pieces to create vines along the low walls!

What a bright, gorgeous MOC!  I am impressed you managed to make this without grey!  I love the idea of the miller and his elven wife and their children!  I was going to suggest you submit this for HSS, but I see you already did so.  The orange carrots for thatch are great!  Are they pretty stable?  I really like all the flora and your detailing there.  The stream and mill are superb, too.  I am really enjoying seeing your builds.  Great work!

3 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

As I mentioned on Flickr, you did a good job of incorporating the vibrant color of the carrots into this MOC!  And as I didn't mention, that's a lovely collection of pigeons and I really like your use of the new three-leaf pieces to create vines along the low walls!

Thanks again! We did a order together and bought alot of pigeons from a BL store. So with them a came up with a good use of them :grin:

The wines were a good way to hide the dark tan wall. It's no grey but with the vines you belive it's a gray wall under :laugh:

13 minutes ago, Grover said:

What a bright, gorgeous MOC!  I am impressed you managed to make this without grey!  I love the idea of the miller and his elven wife and their children!  I was going to suggest you submit this for HSS, but I see you already did so.  The orange carrots for thatch are great!  Are they pretty stable?  I really like all the flora and your detailing there.  The stream and mill are superb, too.  I am really enjoying seeing your builds.  Great work!

Thank you very much. It was a struggle to keep the gray from sneaking in :grin:

I really like to finnish the HSS this summer and fall so I can start with my main story :classic:. Maybe I build the first scene for the main story so I can participate in the Middle Eastern category as well.

It's my first water fall and I'm pretty pleased with it :classic:

Some lovely colors and techniques make this a very eye-catching model. Great work! The figures all look great as well.

2 hours ago, socalbricks said:

Some lovely colors and techniques make this a very eye-catching model. Great work! The figures all look great as well.

Thanks man!

Beautiful work and some really great colours that work very well together. The roof is of course really nice but my favourite sections are the waterfall/wheel and the elevated base. Great to see Zamorah growing :excited:

4 hours ago, adde51 said:

Beautiful work and some really great colours that work very well together. The roof is of course really nice but my favourite sections are the waterfall/wheel and the elevated base. Great to see Zamorah growing :excited:

Thanks man! 

1 hour ago, Servertijd said:

The roof is brilliant!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Paradosis said:

Very nice!

Thank you!

Excellent moc here mate! The colours, the minifigs, the waterfall... just everything! Love it!!!

24 minutes ago, de Gothia said:

Excellent moc here mate! The colours, the minifigs, the waterfall... just everything! Love it!!!

Tackar!! If the King loves it... it has to be good :grin: 

What a build :wub::wub:

Your color use is absolutely incredible, and I have to say this was one of my personal favorites in the No Bley category :thumbup:
From the carrot roof, to the stick fence, and pigeon loft you packed in loads of fun designs. The numerous minifigures all busy at work (or not so busy in Emil's case :laugh: ) tell an excellent story, and I also enjoy the variety of plants and trees you included.

On 8/27/2019 at 11:51 PM, soccerkid6 said:

What a build :wub::wub:

Your color use is absolutely incredible, and I have to say this was one of my personal favorites in the No Bley category :thumbup:
From the carrot roof, to the stick fence, and pigeon loft you packed in loads of fun designs. The numerous minifigures all busy at work (or not so busy in Emil's case :laugh: ) tell an excellent story, and I also enjoy the variety of plants and trees you included.

Thanks alot! The No Bley category was fun. I was going to build this garden, but as summer joust came up I had to tweek the colours in this one. So the carrots was the starting point, after that I went bananas :grin:

20 hours ago, Eoin Wallace said:

Very good, I like the roof and all the little detail shots. keep it up! :excited:

Thanks man!