Sign in to follow this  
durazno33

Identifying Source of NEW Lego Crest on Shield

Does anyone recognize which set or source this shield is from? As far as I know it is a Lego store exclusive which is kinda strange to me. (This is not a sticker by the way) 

Either way I was really excited to see a new shield design from Lego and with such detail. 

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

Edited by durazno33

The lego started producing 'exclusive' elements for the Build-A-Minifig a while back. Mainly pieces in exclusive colours (hair pieces, accessories etc) up until now. It's obviously been a successful marketing strategy as now pieces with exclusive prints have started appearing (eg torsos) but ths shield is definitely one of the more exciting ones, for castle fans at least!

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 1:26 PM, andhe said:

The lego started producing 'exclusive' elements for the Build-A-Minifig a while back. Mainly pieces in exclusive colours (hair pieces, accessories etc) up until now. It's obviously been a successful marketing strategy as now pieces with exclusive prints have started appearing (eg torsos) but ths shield is definitely one of the more exciting ones, for castle fans at least!

I'm curious to see some examples though, because I myself haven't seen stuff in the Build-A-Minifig that hasn't been in a set or at least in an existing color but just without print.

38 minutes ago, Ecclesiastes said:

I'm curious to see some examples though, because I myself haven't seen stuff in the Build-A-Minifig that hasn't been in a set or at least in an existing color but just without print.

Here's a Halloween minifig 3-pack from last year with exclusive recolors (either with the part color, the print colors, or both altered from the original). Later in the year there was also this Christmas minifig 3-pack sold in Build-A-Mini packaging, and found pre-built at some stores or loose in the Build-A-Mini bins at others. A thread in the Brickset forums from this post onward showcases some other Build-A-Mini exclusive finds like recolored CMF wizard robes, or more recently the shield mentioned in this thread as well as a unique "CHAMPS" baseball jersey with a baseball-headed mascot pictured on it.

It's a recent phenomenon and hasn't been reported as widely as a lot of set releases due to the inconsistent method of distribution and lack of a set name or number to identify these figure collections by. But it's definitely something we're seeing more and more of since figures like this first began showing up last year.

13 hours ago, Ecclesiastes said:

If you go over to the BaM thread in Special there’s talk & pictures of exclusive parts. I got Barbara Gordon’s, from the LEGO Batman Movie in blonde color. And the pigtail hair from the Chinese New Year Dinner set in reddish brown. 

On 7/1/2019 at 9:07 PM, Aanchir said:

12 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Thanks for the info.:thumbup: Shame though, TLC stopped releases exclusive sets in certain areas but now they're (still) putting rare parts in the BAM. Which is extra sad for me, because there's now Official Lego Store in The Netherlands:look: Ah well, bricklink it is than..

14 hours ago, Ecclesiastes said:

Thanks for the info.:thumbup: Shame though, TLC stopped releases exclusive sets in certain areas but now they're (still) putting rare parts in the BAM. Which is extra sad for me, because there's now Official Lego Store in The Netherlands:look: Ah well, bricklink it is than..

Truth be told, you're probably not much worse off than people in many parts of the United States in that regard. It's only a few hours by road from the Netherlands to the LEGO stores in Essen, Germany or Wijnegem, Belgium. By comparison, for as many LEGO stores as the United States has, most are concentrated near large urban centers, and with our country being as ridiculously spread out as it is (especially in the states further from the coast), many areas of the country might be six hours or more from any LEGO store.

Granted, driving long distances is a much bigger part of United States culture than European culture (much to my frustration as somebody who doesn't drive). But even so, that sort of distance is a lot further than most people would ever drive for non-business reasons unless they planned to make a whole vacation out of it. And with much of Europe being more densely populated than a lot of America's western states, I think you might have a better chance of having LEGO stores open up in your area in the years to come than people in, say, Montana or South Dakota.

Fortunately, if these exclusive parts end up anything like some of these earlier PAB exclusive pieces like the CMF Spider Lady gown and torso with magenta web patterns, CMF Wacky Witch head with magenta makeup, Dark Green Mrs. Claus gown, or red CMF Holiday Elf hat, aftermarket prices should be fairly affordable even without a whole lot of sellers offering them. Perhaps that's one advantage to these sorts of parts not being heavily advertised the way other types of exclusive minifigures (like ones released as gift-with-purchase sets, DK guide book promos, or event promos) would be. Particularly since while they broadly fit themes like City or Castle, they don't specifically complement a particular theme/subtheme/faction that people would already be collecting or "army building".

2 hours ago, Aanchir said:

And with much of Europe being more densely populated than a lot of America's western states, I think you might have a better chance of having LEGO stores open up in your area in the years to come than people in, say, Montana or South Dakota.

A LEGOLAND Discovery Centre is opening in The Netherlands in 2020 (Scheveningen near the city of The Hague), and hopefully with the Merlin being owned by LEGO again that will make it an official LEGO Store.

Would be even better if they opened another one in let's say Amsterdam or the International Airport, as a lot of people + tourists travel through there as well, with good road/train/bus connections. 

Edited by TeriXeri

On 7/3/2019 at 3:26 PM, TeriXeri said:

A LEGOLAND Discovery Centre is opening in The Netherlands in 2020 (Scheveningen near the city of The Hague), and hopefully with the Merlin being owned by LEGO again that will make it an official LEGO Store.

Would be even better if they opened another one in let's say Amsterdam or the International Airport, as a lot of people + tourists travel through there as well, with good road/train/bus connections. 

Amsterdam is getting a Flagship store, in December this year.