Episode 3 ~ A Blessing in Duisguise < you are here
Episode 4 ~ The grotto's
Episode 5 ~ Captive of the Mardierians

Main characters:

• Alfie Fraunces, Sea Rats
  • Samson Brody, unaffiliated scientist
  • Jim, Alfie's first mate
  • Captain Le Faou & his comrades
  • Corrington naturalist turned privateer, name unknown.

"Well where the bloody helle are they?" LeFaou shouted. "The fire is still hot..

BOTBS SOTL -the entrance- 1

"They should be around here - somewhere.." his comrade replied. "On the move then! We can't let them find the treasure before we do! I do not plan on growing old poor!", LeFaou told his man as they walked away.

BOTBS SOTL -the entrance- 2

"Quiet!!"

When LeFaou & his men left, Alfie's crew came climbing back. Everyone was acrobatic enough after their served years on the Brick Seas, all except one. 
"Quick thinking Jimlad. So we ARE being followed. We can follow them now, maybe they will find this blasted treasu..." A hard splash interrupted them:

BOTBS SOTL -the entrance- 4

"Brody!"

"HELP! - Lads! Throw me a rope!"  Brody then saw an opening appearing "A cave.. Could it be the entrance to the tunnels?! But... I'm being sucked into it, the current is too strong! Alfieeee" - Brody's voice muted as he was pulled in the cave by the waves.

The crew could only follow.. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be continued.

Edited by Fraunces

I was going to say "nice tree", then I scrolled down and realized that there's a cave underneath, nice job!

Fun build and a good story. I like the use of different visual levels. :thumbup:

But those plants look suspiciously strong to be supporting full human weight. Methinks they are fake... maybe even plastic. :pir-laugh:

Great little build for the story! Like Bodi I thought the first picture was the whole scene and was surprised when I scrolled down to see the rest. I really love a small vignette that manages to squeeze such a lot of story in and this is a great example! I like how you have integrated the vegetation into the top of the cliff and the minifig posing is superb! Great work!

This is neat! I love the realistic fire, and the men hanging from plants.

On 6/29/2019 at 7:53 AM, Bodi said:

I was going to say "nice tree", then I scrolled down and realized that there's a cave underneath, nice job!

Thanks Bodi! My next build Will be the inside of the cave. More difficult than this build I think . 

On 6/30/2019 at 11:32 PM, Captain Dee said:

Fun build and a good story. I like the use of different visual levels. :thumbup:

But those plants look suspiciously strong to be supporting full human weight. Methinks they are fake... maybe even plastic. :pir-laugh:

Maybe too weak for HUMAN weight, but we are speaking of  minifig weight :grin:

On 7/5/2019 at 4:23 AM, Ayrlego said:

Great little build for the story! Like Bodi I thought the first picture was the whole scene and was surprised when I scrolled down to see the rest. I really love a small vignette that manages to squeeze such a lot of story in and this is a great example! I like how you have integrated the vegetation into the top of the cliff and the minifig posing is superb! Great work!

Thanks a lot Ayrlego!! Good to hear you like it.

On 7/5/2019 at 8:29 PM, Bart said:

This is neat! I love the realistic fire, and the men hanging from plants.

The little design of the fire i stole to be honest . But nevertheless thanks Bart!

On 7/6/2019 at 11:31 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

This is interesting! Keep going!

I will: the treasure of the botanist is close now...

20 hours ago, Spud The Viking said:

Nice build! I like the loose studs, it makes the water look so more fluid!

Thanks Spud glad you like it. Water techniques are always difficult so good the hear this did the job.

@Fraunces

Brody was spluttering and coughing up water as he looked around the cave. It seemed a rapid underground stream had pulled him quite some distance, and he had almost drowned if it hadn't been for the fact that the current had ended in a lake in a large underground cavern. He was bruised and exhausted, but after a few moments of recovery he was ensured that nothing was broken.

As his eyes adjusted to the dark, he realised the cave was lightly lit by some glowing algae growing in clusters on the walls, giving plenty of light to make out details.

He could see the calm lake had a small stream flowing out of it to the right, and on the left, a pathway through the cliff. In the cave it self, there was the old remnants of a camp, and a small boat. But if the boat was here, was the path or the stream the best way to go? And would his fellows dare join him?

Up top, the crew were in a pickle. La Faou and his men had heard the commotion and were rushing back towards them. Would they fight, run, or perhaps take the chance and follow Brody?