Good evening Community,

Today i want to present a small German Steam-locomotive. The DR BR 24 was a passenger locomotive for main use on secondary lines. It was built in the late 20s to 1940.

An interesting fact about this locomotive is that many components, such as the boiler, the engine or the cylinders, were identical in construction to those of the DR BR 64.

A total of 95 units were built by manufacturers such as Borsig or Krupp.

The LEGO model consists of approx. 775 individual parts, it is 48 studs long, 9 studs wide and 12 studs high. It is very easy to motorize with a Power Functions M-Motor, which can be placed under the boiler. The IR receiver is installed in the cabin and the battery box in the tender.

There were a lot of different variants, like different smoke deflectors or different tenders. We have decided for the most widely leaded ones with large Wagner wind deflectors and the three-axle tender. The middle axis of the tender can be shifted sideways to allow cornering.

Just like the DR E 94 we had exactly this variant on our H0 system at that time.

And now have fun looking at the pictures. Criticism welcome.

The example (Source: Bahnbilder.de)

portraet-ex-dr-24009-personen-682578.jpg

10144-1561657064.jpg10144-1561657080.jpg

PDF-Instructions available on our Homepage: www.bricks-on-rails.de

With kind regards 

Martin | Bricks-on-Rails

Edited by Bricks-on-Rails

Looking good! Only thought would be to try to embed some images of the MOC in the original post rather than having viewers click through.

19 hours ago, CaL said:

Hi Martin,

a very nice rendition of the original prototype!

It was also my first choice to Build in Lego in 1996:

http://bausteine-bahn.de/Dampfloks/da-frame.htm

KR

Carsten

Hello Carsten,

Thank you very much for your praise. With joy I looked at your models.  They remind me of the past and I think it's amazing how easy we have it these days, as the range of parts today is many times greater than in 96.

3 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

Looking good! Only thought would be to try to embed some images of the MOC in the original post rather than having viewers click through.

Hello zephyr1934,

That wasn't my intention and i´m sorry. I uploaded these pictures via my Google created homepage and embedded them here, but it seems that the links changed. I edited the original post again and embedded the pictures again, hopefully it works now.

18 hours ago, ProvenceTristram said:

Wow, I really like this a lot.

*Edit* Just checked the website - really nice stuff there, too.

Thank you we are happy about every visiter. With kind regards

34 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Very nice and high detail level ...I miss this beauty in my collection! :laugh:

Excellent work! :thumbup:

As I already wrote regarding zephyr1934, thanks to the many different components, we have it easier than ever to create detailed models, thank you for your praise.

I just love all your work.  Thanks so much for offering the plans and BOM for sale so I can try my hand at a build also.  My goal is to eventually own all your stuff.

On 4/20/2021 at 3:06 PM, kondor7001 said:

I just love all your work.  Thanks so much for offering the plans and BOM for sale so I can try my hand at a build also.  My goal is to eventually own all your stuff.

Thank you Ron. That´s very kind and an interesting goal. ;-)

I haven´t posted any real-life pictures of the model. Here they are.

With kind regards Martin

50788618006_81535851ca_h.jpg

50788724187_b4f09fe3a3_h.jpg

50788616181_670e4cd35e_h.jpg