Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

AoM: Storehouse Phase 1: Tithe Station, Ambarvale

On the road into the small town of Ambarvale stands a small store house and toll station. On market days, the Lord Alan's Reeve and a man-at-arms collect a tithe from peasants bringing their wares into the town to sell. Mostly they collect agricultural produce which is temporarily stored at the station before going to feed the Lord Alan, his family and retinue. 

48130110211_f7f2611937_c.jpg

So the spring scene of my last build has been replaced with autumn, which is definitely messing with my head! I've been enjoying experimenting with some more unusual colour palettes and I have a few more ideas yet. This one was always going to be about yellow! I need to get some more bright light orange plates and I wish Alt Bricks would re-stock the yellow leaves because I'd love some more (this scene uses every single yellow and 'medium tan' leaf I own)! I'm pretty happy with the way this one turned out - it's my favourite of the four builds I've completed since I got back.

Nice! I like the house and the colour of the trees. But I'm not sure about the ground. Would prefer a more earthier colour scheme. 

A lot of details to like about this MOC - the bold autumn colors (especially on the ground), the slight angle of the building, the use of hands, to name a few! :thumbup: 

Really excellent build.  You do a great job using the altbricks colors to great effect; your builds have a painting-like quality to them that I appreciate, and your use of the leaves with the same colors on the ground for fallen leaves is awesome.  The two lanterns and the bundle of firewood are very nice touches to the build.  I like the use of the textures on the walls--enough to say that the building isn't brand new, but between it and the roof, it indicates that the structure is well tended and not run down.  The headlight bricks for windows is also quite nice.  I neglected to mention this in your last build, but your photography and lighting are top notch.  Great job!

I never tire of seeing autumn scenes, and this one is especially beautiful :wub:
Besides the obvious quality of the storehouse and trees, I like how you set the building at a slight angle, included barrels and bundle of sticks, plus some excellent lantern holders :thumbup:

Exciting that LEGO has finally released yellow leaves, so settings like this should become much more common :classic: