Sign in to follow this  
ks6349

some questions about City train

Hi. Is 60050 retired ? What was its saturated price for most of the time?

I can't decide 60051 and 60197 after watching the youtube demonstration. Which one do you suggest? I will only purchase one. I am very budget-wise. Sorry

Thanks for answers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would go with 60197, basing it solely on I like the colors of the train more. The minifigure selection in that set is better as well, I think. 

Also, if you can find 60050 at a reasonable price, I highly recommend getting it. It’s fantastic. 

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

I would go with 60197, basing it solely on I like the colors of the train more. The minifigure selection in that set is better as well, I think. 

Also, if you can find 60050 at a reasonable price, I highly recommend getting it. It’s fantastic. 

what was the average min. price of 60050 ? I just got to know this set a few days ago and highly interested. Now here $100 approx. (USD) , is it risen up the price????

Edited by ks6349

11 hours ago, ks6349 said:

what was the average min. price of 60050 ? I just got to know this set a few days ago and highly interested. Now here $100 approx. (USD) , is it risen up the price????

The price for 60050 would have been between 55 and 65 USD back in the day. Going up to 100 USD now is not unusual because its no longer in production (less on the market so prices go up no matter how high or low demand is)

1 hour ago, AE bricks said:

The price for 60050 would have been between 55 and 65 USD back in the day. Going up to 100 USD now is not unusual because its no longer in production (less on the market so prices go up no matter how high or low demand is)

I can see that for most of the time price per piece for modular buildings of Creator expert is often cheaper than other series like City or 3in1. City usually has the highest cost per piece even before they are retired, do you know what is the reason?

1 hour ago, ks6349 said:

I can see that for most of the time price per piece for modular buildings of Creator expert is often cheaper than other series like City or 3in1. City usually has the highest cost per piece even before they are retired, do you know what is the reason?

Often it is due to larger pieces, especially if there is train track.

On 6/25/2019 at 7:03 PM, ks6349 said:

I bought it when it was in store, so I paid the retail $64.99 for it. According to Bricklink, $100 is roughly what it’s been going for, between $100-130. So I would jump on it for the $100.

Edited by Vindicare

3 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

I bought it when it was in store, so I paid the retail $64.99 for it. According to Bricklink, $100 is roughly what it’s been going for, between $100-130. So I would jump on it for the $100.

I normally don't buy overpriced set and I almost always buy only deals, however ,this set 60050 looks very attractive to me. What do you think ?

1 hour ago, ks6349 said:

I normally don't buy overpriced set and I almost always buy only deals, however ,this set 60050 looks very attractive to me. What do you think ?

I hear ya, I’m the same way. There are quite a few retired sets I want but are just too much for what I’m willing to spend. If you can spare the money, I would absolutely do it. The building has a great look & the taxi is pretty nice. 

9 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I hear ya, I’m the same way. There are quite a few retired sets I want but are just too much for what I’m willing to spend. If you can spare the money, I would absolutely do it. The building has a great look & the taxi is pretty nice. 

Today I found the lowest for 60050 is $90, but instead of getting this I've got 60182 60183 and 60223 for around $70 total, I will wait for other new train stations