Sign in to follow this  
traintraum

[MOCs] NS IC, SBB EC & Impressions of little exhibition in Germany

Hi everyone,

within the last weekends, I built some new custom trains.

Tow of them, I am going to show now.

First of all a Euricity train of the SBB. This train regularry travels around the Schwitzerland - or even up to Hamburg in Germany.

Therefore I build 7 coaches - first and second class, a restaurant and a panorama car.

Pictures:

GOPR1212

GOPR1199GOPR1197

Video:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Furthermore I want to present an other MOC - a NS EC (long distance train of the netherlands)

My aim was using the slopes available in the store and also the blue windows. Therefore I looked up about matching trains online.

This was the result:

GOPR1069GOPR1072

GOPR1071

Of course, also this time, there is existing a video of the train ;-)

Last but not least let's share me a last impression so far ... I made a video with most of my passenger trains at a bridge... some of them are quite long, I think.

So far so good... I hope, you got some nice impressions/ pictures. If there is any advice what I could improve, I every time look forward hearing that ;-)

Ps: If you would swipe a bit within the flickr pictures, you also could notice the Rheingold TEE train - therefore I'll make a new topic later. :)

Hello

Unfortunately I only saw your MOCs but not you at ABSolut Steinchen. Maybe next year.

About the SBB and the NS trains: They are of course well recognisable, but I would add some stickers with the name of the railway. The cars often look more complete afterwards. Another detail is the yellow stripe above the doors on the first class cars. I guess it would be sufficient to just change one plate in height of the red part to yellow.

Hello,

also next year, I am planning to come! ;-) (Maybe so far for the last time- just due to university I am near that town - in general, I live near Hamburg...

I also saw your EC Model :) That's also impresive! Is it still able running on regular tracks?

Hm... I think so, too. Often stickers would make models appearing much better. But I have absolutly no experience with doing it...
Ah... that's true. I just didn't get that good pictures of all coaches. 
But I gutess, it would make more sence changing one of the white plates. The red element is defined through the windows - reducing it in height would be a bit difficult, I guess. :)

How are you producing your stickers?

About the stickers: I use pictures which I copie into a word-file, then scale them and print them on a regular sheet of paper and cut everything out. Nothing very special here:grin:

Concerning the yellow stripe: If I see correctly, you have a row of red plates/tiles above the windows of the door. Just google "SBB eurocity wagen" and you will find some good pictures (and see what I mean ;))

My cars should be able to run, however they need a lot of clearance in the curves. I hope I can test them in October when we have an exhibtion with SwissLUG.

Great stuff and now I see why you needed that long station platform. What about the TEE running on the other track in that first video? I did not see it in the last video with most of your trains, is that just a tease?

Hey,
sorry for my late response (again) :-o
The video of my passenger trains, I made four weeks ago. That time, both trains - EC and Rheingold TEE - as also NS EC weren't finished (mostly neither startetd)
In general, is was just an impression. Even all the older material, I didn't put on tracks. (12v, 4,5v - blue/ grey).
So there are projects I still have to do. ;-)

I devided to split the video into two parts - reducing the lenght and to be able also to present a custom train this month... I juess, next MOC, I will just be able to build in October - in meantime, there are also many other things so expensive :-( 

So, in several days, I guess, I will also present the Rheingold ;-)

---

Okay, that way of producing stickers would be quite simple. I guess, even I would be able doing this that way... Hm... I never thaught while regarding the pictures that you just made them that simple way. Okay, knowing the fact, I am able to recognice it a bit.

The advice about the different key words searching the EC coaches and linked to that the idea of impoving the stripes is great! ;-)

I will remember that - don't know, when I am able doing the change... but some time, sure, it will be done! ;-)

Looking forward to mid of July beeing back home again - and to August haveing more time for some train projects! 
...even the train station shown in the video is just almost the half of all segments...
So there are many trains and tracks needes to be put together in a large layout.

Unfortunatelly, I couldn't afford to buy a second camera as my aim was...

Never mind...

Niklas

PS: More pictures of my custom projects are uploades there:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/182216114@N02/