Aurore

[Minifigs] Horgaard Inhabitants

As I'm impatiently waiting for a few BrickLink orders to add the finishing touches to my very first GoH MOC, I began to doodle a few inhabitants for my Mitgardian village Horgaard.

Then it went out of control.
I got really enthusiastic with the definition of each character, their story, their personality, and then the selection of the appropriate parts.
It felt like designing costumes for a theatre play.

Now Horgaard has many inhabitants, but still no finished building...

48115156672_d24bac920b_h.jpgHorgaard Inhabitants by Aurore, sur Flickr

From left to right :
- Dagmar Haraldsdottir, ruler of Horgaard, with her sister and advisor Sigrid (my sigfig) - "See, sister, everything is well in Horgaard. Stop worrying about the constuction delays and try this excellent plum pie."

- Their niece Solveig, showing her new doll to the blacksmith's wife under the watchful eye of her tutor (and of a cow) - "She's named Nanna!"
- The innkeeper, who hates pigs unless they've been turned into ham - "Foul beasts!"
- Solveig's older brother Sigmund, with the steward of Horgaard and veteran soldier Arne, respectfully waiting while the blacksmiths checks the blade of the steward's sword. Behind them, Snorri the storyteller arrives in Horgaard - "Greetings everyone, how is the new granary construction going?"
- Solveig and Sigmund's little brother Siggi, friend to all living things, befriending one of the pigs lead by a young farmer - "Hi little guy!"

- The blacksmith's daughter and a young hunter discussing the comparative merits of the longbow and the slingshot - "You should give it a try!"
- The fisherwoman, a woodcutter and the village elder having a hard time with uncooperative animals - "Hey lady, may I help you?"

And in case anyone would be interested, I've added a few close-up shots as spoiler. Thanks to all the brave souls who would have read the whole description!

Great figs can't wait to see the MOC you come up with for these figs.  Should be a very interesting and substantial build.  

11 hours ago, Aine said:

Man, these are so cool, I really like them! <3

Thank you very much!

10 hours ago, Eoin Wallace said:

Cool figs:excited: Are you going to use these in your moc?

Three of them only will be in my first MOC. But I have many MOC ideas that would involve the others too, I hope I'll be able to build them all! :sweet:

3 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Great figs can't wait to see the MOC you come up with for these figs.  Should be a very interesting and substantial build.  

I'm afraid my MOC is going to disappoint you! :blush:
I'm not an experienced builder and have a very small building space (just a standard desk for both building and storing, actually), so my first MOC will just be a small vignette involving three of the figs. l intend to go on progressively with other vignettes and a few buildings - and then gather them all together if I find enough space.

45 minutes ago, ArneNielsen said:

Nice figs, great stories. And I am really flattered, that one is named "Arne" :)

Thank you so much! I hope Arne the minifig will live up to his name! :classic:

Great fig combos and nice selection of animals too!  Where does that "doll" nanofig come from?  It's really cute!

This is a really fantastic set of figures!  I love the detail and the thought that went into all of them!  I particularly like how you turned around Hufflepuffs torso for the Solveigs shirt.  A few of the torsos I didn’t recognize but look terrific.  Where did those from Dagmar, the blacksmiths wife and daughter and the hunter come from? I need to add those to my wanted list on Bricklink.

I’m very excited to see your first build!

20 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Great fig combos and nice selection of animals too!  Where does that "doll" nanofig come from?  It's really cute!

Thank you very much! The doll is the "Professor McGonagall" nanofig from the 2018 Hogwarts Castle set. The "Professor Dolores Umbridge" nanofig from the same set would have made a cute doll too, but it's definitely too pink for the setting of my village.

9 hours ago, Grover said:

This is a really fantastic set of figures!  I love the detail and the thought that went into all of them!  I particularly like how you turned around Hufflepuffs torso for the Solveigs shirt.  A few of the torsos I didn’t recognize but look terrific.  Where did those from Dagmar, the blacksmiths wife and daughter and the hunter come from? I need to add those to my wanted list on Bricklink.

I’m very excited to see your first build!

Thank you so much! I hope you'll like the first build!
Concerning the torsos :
- The ones of Dagmar and the blacksmith's wife both come from Princess Leia minifigs (this one and this one with dark tan arms)
- The one of the blacksmith's daughters comes from the Incredibles "Underminer" minifig, turned backward (it's this one : the back print is not shown on the BrickLink photo, it really was an excellent surprise when I received it!)

- The one of the hunter comes from the Wiley Fusebot minifig (this one). I have also extensively used the leg parts of this minifig!

Edited by Aurore
Awful grammar error

19 hours ago, Aurore said:

Thank you very much! The doll is the "Professor McGonagall" nanofig from the 2018 Hogwarts Castle set. The "Professor Dolores Umbridge" nanofig from the same set would have made a cute doll too, but it's definitely too pink for the setting of my village.

Thank you so much! I hope you'll like the first build!
Concerning the torsos :
- The ones of Dagmar and the blacksmith's wife both come from Princess Leia minifigs (this one and this one with dark tan arms)
- The one of the blacksmith's daughters comes from the Incredibles "Underminer" minifig, turned backward (it's this one : the back print is not shown on the BrickLink photo, it really was an excellent surprise when I received it!)

- The one of the hunter comes from the Wiley Fusebot minifig (this one). I have also extensively used the leg parts of this minifig!

Thank you for all those!  I now need to go back through my minis and turn them all around to see their backs!  I never thought about that before I saw your collection of minis!

A really nice set of figures! Looking forward to seeing them in your MOC!

Oh!! I love minifigs and creating new great combos! And you sure have done some great work here! :wub:

It's easy to see you put a lot of thought into the all the fig combos, and it paid off :thumbup:
The little back stories for each are also very enjoyable to read :dsweet:

@soccerkid6 Thank you very much! I had much fun creating the figs and thinking of their stories - and it really helped me get a better picture of my Mitgardian village.