Chrismo72

[MOC] Large Fire Engine

ScewFront.jpg

Hey all

I´m exited to introduce my second MOC here on Eurobricks. I am a true rookie when it comes to building with system bricks, as I've spent more time doing Technic stuff. I tried to make this MOC more realistic than the fire engines that Lego usually releases, and I´ve drawn inspiration from real Scania fire vehicles. Because i wanted to make this thing closer the real thing, I've spent some time at the local fire station, getting to know the real machines. I’m very grateful for comments, questions and suggestions for improvements. Hope you like it, and thanks for taking the time to watch the pictures.

Features

• All doors and hatches can be opened/closed
  • Fully decorated and detailed interior in the cabin
  • Lots of different details that relates to the real deal. 
  • Room for 4 minifigs with accessories.
  • 558 parts (without the minifigs)

I am very grateful for your support over at Lego Ideas: https://ideas.lego.com/content/project/link/b991a9d2-2265-4ed9-afda-91b9cf0d7f28

Pictures

(Bigger pictures in my Flickr account: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131504322@N02/albums)

The truck is 8 studs wide, 11 studs high and 17 studs long. 

Firefighting.jpg

This MOC is actually fun to play with. Loaded with equipment, a water cannon and 4 minifigs the possibilities are many.

LeftProfileClosed.jpg

All doors can be opened.

LeftProfileOpen.jpg

The left side is for technical evacuation and rescuing of trapped persons. Here you'll find the hydraulic tools, power tools and life vests. 

ScewFrontClosed.jpg

BackOpenDoor.jpg

It thinks firefighters deserve appreciation. The salary is low, but still they risk their lives for everybody else. In the back of the truck you find pump controls and connection point for water hoses. 

RightProfileClosed.jpg

RightProfileOpen.jpg

The right side of the truck contains tools for firefighting. Different nozzles, hoses and the Compressed Air Foam System (CAFS)

Front.jpg

If I had a Scania sticker, I would have used it. For now this is proud product of Autoparts.

Roof.jpg

On the roof, you@ll find the water cannon, ladders, hoses, tools and of course the obligatory fire axe. 

Interior.jpg

Detalied interior with communication equipment, GPS, IR-camera, flashlights and binoculars. The setup matches real fire engines.

Group.jpg

"Firefighting is all about megablocks. Busting ours to save yours"

RenderInterior.jpg

Updated picture of the cabin interior. (Rendered in Bricklink Studio)

RenderYellow.jpg

Another color scheme, since yellow seems to be the new white in modern fire engines. (Rendered i Bricklink Studio)

Thanks for watching :-) 

Edited by Chrismo72
Added 2 more pictures, rendered in Bricklink Studio.Also added inumber of parts. Added Logo Ideas Link.

I honestly don't think there is anything that needs improving. I've spent a good part of my childhood around fire engines and the level of detail takes me back to getting to sit in and be around, watching the hoses laid out along the ground to drain.

I've always loved anything Lego that was fire department related, but this is the first MOC I've seen that takes me back to my childhood.

5 hours ago, Bludchylde said:

I honestly don't think there is anything that needs improving. I've spent a good part of my childhood around fire engines and the level of detail takes me back to getting to sit in and be around, watching the hoses laid out along the ground to drain.

I've always loved anything Lego that was fire department related, but this is the first MOC I've seen that takes me back to my childhood.

Thank you so much. If I can bring out nice childhood memories, I think I've achieved my goal with this MOC :-) 

Excellent! I love your fire truck. I also designed a fire truck, but in Japan version. I will post it soon :D

Very cool firetruck! I saw one on my way home from work yesterday and your MOC is spot on! 

On 6/23/2019 at 6:50 PM, peedeejay said:

Great fire engine with cool details and play features!

Thanks a lot :-)

16 hours ago, bricksboy said:

Excellent! I love your fire truck. I also designed a fire truck, but in Japan version. I will post it soon :D

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to see your japanese fire truck. 

1 hour ago, jpx said:

Very cool firetruck! I saw one on my way home from work yesterday and your MOC is spot on! 

Thank you, I am happy to hear that :-)

On 6/23/2019 at 9:34 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Great fire truck ...I like the back side very much!:wub_drool:

Amazing details inside the cab! :thumbup:

Thanks :-) After I posted the first pictures, I updated the interior. Check out the latest picture at the bottom of my original post. 

That is quite simply a stunning MOC and looks amazing, any chance of producing some instructions and a parts list for it? Would love to be able to build it, it’s fantastic!!!

1 hour ago, chrisb2012 said:

That is quite simply a stunning MOC and looks amazing, any chance of producing some instructions and a parts list for it? Would love to be able to build it, it’s fantastic!!!

Thanks a lot :-) I have recreated the MOC digitally, and I will look into how I can make instructions. Its new territory for me, but I´ll explore it. I tried to submit the MOC to Lego Ideas, but it was rejected. They said it didn't meet their quality standards. So don't expect to much :-) 

Edited by Chrismo72

I like how smooth it is overall, def looks like a fancy city truck. It has a finished, official look.

Edited by Henchmen4Hire
removed eyesore

2 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Nice work, @Chrismo72! :thumbup:

Your fire engine has made the frontpage of Eurobricks!

WOW!!! Thanks! This is great news, makes me really happy :-)

9 hours ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

Just a little too boxy for a good fire engine,

but other wise a good M.O.C.

Thanks for your comment. Fire engines look different around the world, but in Norway (where I live) they are actually a bit boxy :-)

S11_ny.jpg

11 hours ago, coinoperator said:

Awesome.

(wink) there should however be a DAF sticker on the front :tongue:

Thanks! I would have preferred a Scania sticker, but I didn’t have any.

19 hours ago, Henchmen4Hire said:

I like how smooth it is overall, def looks like a fancy city truck. It has a finished, official look.

Tanks :-) That was actually what I tried to achieve. 

This looks very cool! Plus the presentation with the name tags and all the explanation is an immense plus for me (I sometimes think I'm the only one doing it!)

5 hours ago, Chrismo72 said:

Thanks for your comment. Fire engines look different around the world, but in Norway (where I live)

Ah okay sorry, Norway is a cool place. (Both literally and figuratively)

9 hours ago, paupadros said:

This looks very cool! Plus the presentation with the name tags and all the explanation is an immense plus for me (I sometimes think I'm the only one doing it!)

Thanks! You are not alone :-)

Very nicely done. Fire trucks have always been one of my favorite things to see created in Lego and you did a great job. Thanks for sharing.