Check out this persons video which does a reasonable job in showing you how to disassemble them. NOTE: NEVER drill out and modify the holes in your cylinders as shown in the video as this will destroy their overall performance for normal applications in our models. Enlarging the holes is only useful when using them for air powered engines as you need a very fast acting piston.     The small cylinders are easy - It is the larger ones which are a little harder to open but still reasonably easy to do. I only use some basic jewellers type screwdrivers for the job - 2x 3mm flat blades and one smaller bladed driver (this one is simply used as a spacer to temporarily hold one side open.   **Note that my photos below show the cylinder top already removed, but you get the idea. First step is to pry the black top in one of its lower corners with one of the larger flat blade drivers. Once you catch the corner of the top you can work the driver in and move it around to where the yellow nipple is - sounds easy but you will find that the screwdriver will want to push itself out due to the force of the black top pushing down on it.   Next I insert the small screwdriver into the gap and this is used as this screwdriver will stay in place whereas the larger one will not stay in place while we open and work on the other side.   Now move over to the opposite side and insert one of the larger drivers and once this driver is positioned where the nipple is, try and hold it in place and then at the same time insert the other large driver back in where the smaller driver is holding the other side open. Once both large drivers are in position - carefully move them outwards so that you flex the black top over the nipples - try and do this on both sides at the same time and you will find that the top will slide off.  It is much easier to accomplish if you have 3 hands... Once apart - they do go back together very easily which is a bonus.