Zed_43

[MOC]LL-313 Galactic Multicargo

Hi all!

I wanted to share with you my latest MOC which is my first ever Sci-Fi Moc! I wanted to build a space classic Moc from a long time ago and the french forum Brickpirate launched a contest that the purpose was to build a spaceshift with an 90's lego color scheme.

So, here it is, hope you'll enjoy it as much as I took fun building it.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is now time to introduce you the new spaceship comming from the federation factory: the LL-313 Galactic-MultiCargo.

With its 6 reactors, this ship is has the ability to perform vertical landing and take-off.It was designed for logistic purposes and carrying of containers : material transport, energy generator transport, ore transport...

But its versatility took him to be used for a lot of other missions: troop transport in dedicated pods, rescue and assistance with special moduls.... It has even been used for offensive military missions with a special container designed to carry and launch K-641 missiles (a small launching unfolds underneath the ship).

Here are photographs coming directly form the federation:

48068146872_6641f16ff7_c.jpgLL-313 Galactic MultiCargo by Zed, sur Flickr

48068614298_a8f1e2b81a_c.jpgLL313 - Galactic MultiCargo by Zed, sur Flickr

48068674027_e8fe3f7a41_c.jpgLL313 - Galactic MultiCargo by Zed, sur Flickr

48068892836_a6d63ababb_c.jpgLL313 - Galactic MultiCargo by Zed, sur Flickr

48068994557_e2fe462817_c.jpgLL313 - Galactic MultiCargo by Zed, sur Flickr

48068935453_c823f0a897_c.jpgLL313 - Galactic MultiCargo by Zed, sur Flickr

Hope you'll enjoy it. I'm looking forward to read your reactions and suggestions!

Brilliant, I love it. The overall design is great with so many features in the cockpit. My only suggestion is perhaps the landing gear at the back is a little wider - the ship will need some good support to carry that weight of cargo.

Thanks marvelboy. I guess you're right about the back landing gear. The first idea was not to use some but if it lands with no freight, it has nothing to support it. I need to make something that would be foldable  and compact that doesn't alterate the overall look and aerodynamicity of the ship. 

This build looks absolutely fantastic. While NCS as people tend to think of it isn't exactly my thing, you're neither allergic to exposed studs nor addicted to greebles AND you've managed to create a chunky, endearingly shaped ship, which I seem to have fallen in love with. The cargo transport gimmick! The multiple containers! The perfectly angled, inset windshield! I love it, and now I am tempted to try and build my own spin on the vehicle type. That's probably one of the clearest indicators you've done something inspiring with its form.

Edited by toastergrl

Great design! I would perhaps prefer 8x16 containers like NilsOBrix over on Flickr uses, they allow for more 'building' with the containers. But the corrugated sides of the containers look great, and she ship is surprisingly 'light' and small yep powerful enough for its job, I love it!

(picture not mine)

44529550630_2b95f2ddfd_z.jpgSC-920 Alpha-2 Rocket Base (2SCU) by NilsOBrix, on Flickr

Edited by jan kusters
posted too early

On 6/29/2019 at 9:22 PM, Henchmen4Hire said:

I think the engine pieces need to be filled in somehow, they look weird being so hollow.

Anyway, great shape and detailing

Yes you're right, the reactors are a bit hollow. You can consider that's a kind of new technology ^^. I will try to insert something in them, but by them back of the reactors. I wanted (and still want) to keep those vertical or horizontal bar inside the reactors.

Thanks you all for your nice comments and suggestions!

I really like this ship! The multi-mission role that this ship could provided has some awesome play-ability. You could up armor this ship and use military style coloring and it would be just as effective of a build as this one. Great work my friend.

Looks great when it is with cargo. And the different containers look great. Without it seems a bit "light", but how do you solve that problem with those carriers. I have to think about that sometime.