Captain Braunsfeld

[MOC] The HMS Colourless: Lovechild of Steamboat Willy and a Pirate Ship

Inspired by the black & white beauty of that "Steamboat Willie" set, I have created the analogon for the Age of Pirates: The HMS Colourless.

The Colourless (1)

800x793.jpg

The crew would, of course, be similarly colourless. :pir-grin:

800x968.jpg

800x1132.jpg

C&C welcome!

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld

2 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Inspired by the black & white beauty of that "Steamboat Willy" set,

So this is the lovechild of LEGO® Ideas 21317 Steamboat Willie  and a pirate ship? :pir_laugh2:

LEGO® Ideas 21317 Steamboat Willie.jpg

Superb work, Captain Braunsfeld! This looks like something right out of a Charlie Chaplin movie. 

I did notice some hinge bricks on the poop deck... wouldn't it be great if the cabin was the funkiest colors imaginable? :tongue:

Keep it up!

MAC

3 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

So this is the lovechild of LEGO® Ideas 21317 Steamboat Willie  and a pirate ship? :pir_laugh2:

That is a good explanation, given that the Ideas Set was able to travel backwards in time :pir-laugh:

19 minutes ago, iammac said:

Superb work, Captain Braunsfeld! This looks like something right out of a Charlie Chaplin movie. 

I did notice some hinge bricks on the poop deck... wouldn't it be great if the cabin was the funkiest colors imaginable? :tongue:

Keep it up!

MAC

Thanks!

There is not really much space for a captain's cabin ... I just checked, it is empty. :pir-cry_sad:

1 minute ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

That is a good explanation, given that the Ideas Set was able to travel backwards in time :pir-laugh:

I may have also revised your topic title to perhaps be a little more...  "compelling" shall we say...  :pir-grin:

OMG, that's beautiful! Very, very nice build, I love it!

Great ship !

I love how you've managed to build it all in black and white and with some grey. even the parrot is grey !

Great job mate !

I love it! Clever idea, with excellent execution. And I like the technique you've used for attaching the brick-built sails to the spars.

But ... mimes! Why'd they have to be mimes? *oh2* (I know, 'cause, they're black and white. Still...) Nothing will ever get done on this ship, as they will simply pantomime all the tasks! :pir-grin:

3 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Nothing will ever get done on this ship, as they will simply pantomime all the tasks! :pir-grin:

I may signature this! :pir-devil:

This is really neat. :thumbup: The design is quite good, but the muted colors really make it stand out in such a unique way. It looks like it would be a fun display piece. To be quite frank, I'd buy this over the steamboat.

8 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

But ... mimes! Why'd they have to be mimes? *oh2* (I know, 'cause, they're black and white. Still...) Nothing will ever get done on this ship, as they will simply pantomime all the tasks! :pir-grin:

Exactly what I was thinking! :grin:

13 hours ago, Aine said:

OMG, that's beautiful! Very, very nice build, I love it!

13 hours ago, Faladrin said:

Great ship !

I love how you've managed to build it all in black and white and with some grey. even the parrot is grey !

Great job mate !

Merci. The grey parrot comes from the old adventure sets (Egypt), if I remember correctly.

11 hours ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

Interesting hybrid of themes 

Thanks. I liked the black and white pureness of that Ideas set (which - strangely enough - I still do not own..)

10 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

I love it! Clever idea, with excellent execution. And I like the technique you've used for attaching the brick-built sails to the spars.

:pir-sweet: Good - somebody has noticed the new approach to brick-built sails.

Mimes:  I think you are right, nothing will be done :pir-laugh:

(Apart from skulls I do not have white heads that could have been used for the crew. And I did not want this to become a ghost ship.)

5 hours ago, kurigan said:

Silent but deadly? :grin::wink:

Yes, maybe these guys are creepy?

2 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

This is really neat. :thumbup: The design is quite good, but the muted colors really make it stand out in such a unique way. It looks like it would be a fun display piece. To be quite frank, I'd buy this over the steamboat.

Thanks. I am not selling :pir-grin:

Very cool MOC, brilliant idea and well executed! :thumbup:

For some reason the crew of mimes and Captain Mouse looks downright scary to me - thanks for the potential nightmares! :pir-grin:

5 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Thanks. I liked the black and white pureness of that Ideas set (which - strangely enough - I still do not own..)

wait how did you get the head then?

7 hours ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

Collectable mini-minifig series ... It was easy to "feel" out 

@Captain Braunsfeld

Alas you beat me too it lol ... I bought the figs as well but not the ship as I love the old cartoon.  And as i sat looking at them on the desk i thought of doing the same lol a formitable new captain terrorizes the seas lol.  But you got me on the mimes lol 

Well done the ship looks great In B&W ... Now wait a year and make the "technicolor" version lol

8 hours ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

@Roadmonkeytj is right, I got the head through the minifig series.

And the wheel too! (brown would not have worked here).

1 hour ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Alas you beat me too it lol ... I bought the figs as well but not the ship as I love the old cartoon.  And as i sat looking at them on the desk i thought of doing the same lol a formitable new captain terrorizes the seas lol.  But you got me on the mimes lol 

Well done the ship looks great In B&W ... Now wait a year and make the "technicolor" version lol

I was not aware of a competition between the two of us. :pir-laugh:

Thanks!

13 hours ago, Darnok said:

Very cool MOC, brilliant idea and well executed! :thumbup:

For some reason the crew of mimes and Captain Mouse looks downright scary to me - thanks for the potential nightmares! :pir-grin:

Those friendly guys, armed with umbrellas, led by a smiling giant mouse?  Well, could be scary, but does not have to be :pir-grin:

Btw I was lucky to have that grey treasure chest.

40 minutes ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

is right, I got the head through the minifig series.

And the wheel too! (brown would not have worked here).

Ah okay, thanks for telling me

The black-white-gray color scheme works well, I guess less really is more.

Nicely done.

19 hours ago, Sebeus I said:

The black-white-gray color scheme works well, I guess less really is more.

Nicely done.

Thanks. Maybe the next ship will be in friends style....

Or maybe not :laugh:

On 6/22/2019 at 3:40 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

I was not aware of a competition between the two of us. :pir-laugh:

Thanks!

Great minds think alike sometimes lol.  

On 6/24/2019 at 4:09 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Thanks. Maybe the next ship will be in friends style....

Or maybe not :laugh:

Oddly I would love to see a "proper sailing vessel" in friends colors.  I seen the proper train in friends colors and really its kinda neat looking at BrickWorld so perhaps a ship would as well.  Perhaps a friends logo on the main sail too lol