Sign in to follow this  
Eoin Wallace

Orc Outpost

Recently, Eoin had heard the news that the traitor Erdan had escaped captivity! Instead of sending someone else out to look for him Eoin had decided to take matters into his own hands, he had known Erdan for along time. So he had set out into the woods, but instead of finding Erdan he had found the out post of a few orcs. he did know Erdan had been rescued by orcs so he decided to investigate...

Summer Joust: Orc Outpost

The first orc had already readyed it's spear by the time he approached, so soon he was stuck in a battle to the death!

This orc was not the best fighter though, so he managed to strike it down with little trouble.

Soon another one came round so he finished him off with a few swift blows.

Now all the orcs were gone, he decided to search the outpost for any information on why there was an orc outpost so close to Mirandor Castle.

He soon found something that looked like their orders! He was lucky he had learned orc before his posting at the castle. It read: 

These are the orders of Mok and Bugh

You are to wait at this outpost until further instructions. You must watch the humans, and make sure they don't take any more of our land back from us!

Signed: Zogh human smusher

Now he could understand! The orcs didn't want trouble, they wanted to defend their land, although they had rescued a criminal wich was, of course against the law. He would need to think on this one...

Very nice, great trees, and good usage for that banner! The use of capes as tent covers also works well to help things look cold! 

Nice little scene.  I like the base and the snow on the ground.  The trees look good.  Neat little outpost too.  I like the story so far.  Good job.  

10 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Nice little scene.  I like the base and the snow on the ground.  The trees look good.  Neat little outpost too.  I like the story so far.  Good job.  

Thanks a lot :sweet:

11 hours ago, W Navarre said:

Very nice, great trees, and good usage for that banner! The use of capes as tent covers also works well to help things look cold! 

Thank you, I found the cape design works well but doesn't cover much space. 

You're just cranking out these builds!  Great work!  I wish I had more time to build but usually find myself near a computer and not my bricks, like now.  But I digress...  There's a lot of great things going on with this build.  The irregular base looks spectacular and I think really contributes to the outdoor, natural feel of the build.  The snow looks very natural to me, with smooth, undisturbed places and more irregular places where it's obvious that people have trod.  The orc fort looks great--it's more irregular than the castle, which fits the orcs perfectly.  The one part I was a little confused about at first was the stream; it might help define it if it's lowered by a plate.  I wasn't quite sure what it was until I looked at the pictures for a while, but it makes sense once you figure it out.  The spears stuck into the palisade wall look really good, too.  The mix of browns, along with the cloth tent style roofs all really add to the overall feel of this being a rugged, outdoor setting.  Nice work!

Nice irregular base. You have captured a really snowy feel to the moc with some smooth snowy parts and some areas where the orcs have been walking. 

The msall base is really great as well and I love the use of cloths. 

On 6/21/2019 at 9:18 PM, Grover said:

You're just cranking out these builds!  Great work!  I wish I had more time to build but usually find myself near a computer and not my bricks, like now.  But I digress...  There's a lot of great things going on with this build.  The irregular base looks spectacular and I think really contributes to the outdoor, natural feel of the build.  The snow looks very natural to me, with smooth, undisturbed places and more irregular places where it's obvious that people have trod.  The orc fort looks great--it's more irregular than the castle, which fits the orcs perfectly.  The one part I was a little confused about at first was the stream; it might help define it if it's lowered by a plate.  I wasn't quite sure what it was until I looked at the pictures for a while, but it makes sense once you figure it out.  The spears stuck into the palisade wall look really good, too.  The mix of browns, along with the cloth tent style roofs all really add to the overall feel of this being a rugged, outdoor setting.  Nice work!

Thanks! When I started building I had not planned a stream but when I tried it I liked it so much that I decided to keep it.

17 hours ago, de Gothia said:

Nice irregular base. You have captured a really snowy feel to the moc with some smooth snowy parts and some areas where the orcs have been walking. 

The msall base is really great as well and I love the use of cloths. 

I'm glad you like it:dsweet:

Very good winter landscape. As Grover mentioned it would be clearer what the stream was if it sat a little lower than the banks, and if it ran right to the edge, or slightly over the edge of the base that would be great too. Nice storytelling and it's fun seeing the accompanying photos that illustrate what's going on :thumbup:

On 7/11/2019 at 11:56 AM, soccerkid6 said:

Very good winter landscape. As Grover mentioned it would be clearer what the stream was if it sat a little lower than the banks, and if it ran right to the edge, or slightly over the edge of the base that would be great too. Nice storytelling and it's fun seeing the accompanying photos that illustrate what's going on :thumbup:

Thank you, i'll definitely keep the bit about the stream in mind :sweet: