10 minutes ago, Coder Shah said:

Hi, does anyone know the scale for the model? Is it 1/8 scale?

I think it’s 1/10

Hi

I just bought the set but something doesn't seem right with gear at the back. At the page 28 of the first set, instruction 45, the gear seems a bit too large to fit properly, when it's installed, the gear can't turn freely.
Is it just me or someone else as the same problem ? Did I miss something ?

Thank you for your help

I did a quick rebuild in LDD.

It should look something like this.

42110_step_45.png

If you have followed every step correctly, you are okay here. Just keep building and you will learn more during the build,

Edited by JunkstyleGio

Great, thank you already for that !

One more question what piece is just below the big grey one ?

3 minutes ago, gautdo said:

Great, thank you already for that !

One more question what piece is just below the big grey one ?

It is an 8 teeth gear :wink:

YES ! I found the problem ! I've swapped to gear ! Thank you for your help, now i'ts working fine. I was at the end of the phase 1 so I had a lot to deconstruct but it worth it.

Currently building the chassis; the 90-degree limiter for gear switching must be one of the tiniest ever! Very ingenious, I like that.

On 10/3/2019 at 4:59 AM, Bartybum said:

I think it’s 1/10

It is... original Landy has tires with 805mm overall diameter and set uses 81mm, so based on tires it is 1:10. 

Sorry for late confirmation.

52 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

It is... original Landy has tires with 805mm overall diameter and set uses 81mm, so based on tires it is 1:10. 

Sorry for late confirmation.

wouldn't a more accurate metric be the length of the model, especially when we have anomalies like 42096?

Edited by Bartybum

2 hours ago, Bartybum said:

wouldn't a more accurate metric be the length of the model, especially when we have anomalies like 42096?

42096 isnt an anomaly, the tires are bang on 1:10 there, as is the width. The problem with that set is the nose is too long and the wheel arches/ride height arent properly to scale, which make it look like the tires are too small.

Either way, i think tires are a good metric, they are the part which can not be easily adjusted, so those should be the base for any scale measurements. If lego uses a tire which dictates a 1:10 scale, the rest of the model should be scaled to fit, as the other way around is pretty much impossible unless you want custom parts for every single set.

2 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Usually tires are starting point :wink:

Looking great !

I'll probably have to wait a month until mine arrives ...

Looing awesome on those rims... Cant wait when this set finally comes into shops in my city.

@rm8 this version looks even better than official set. White rims + white roof = perfect combination. :thumbup:

41 minutes ago, Valkyx said:

I can get one for ~155 EUR. Im thinking if i should wait a bit more.

Yeah, 120-130 euros should be possible with a little patience. 42069 got down to about 80.....

Finished building the chassis. "the most sophisticated LEGO® Technic™ gearbox to date"... actually too sophisticated for me, I can't figure out how it all works :(
Though I'm always careful with friction, in the higher gears the force needed to push the frame is so high that when I stop pushing it, it races backwards like it's a pull-back motor!

Edited by ozacek

I bought it for 20% off RRP at Target (Australia) for ~$260AU, and my god is the olive green beautiful :wub:

5 hours ago, ozacek said:

Finished building the chassis. "the most sophisticated LEGO® Technic™ gearbox to date"... actually too sophisticated for me, I can't figure out how it all works :(

This might help: