6 hours ago, BrickWild said:

Thanks!,

Here is the LDraw version for people who dont have stud.io installed

Some parts are missing, maybe somebody can fix that, this file was simply converted to .ldr using stud.io and is not my work :)

Edited by SNIPE

Did some doodling to create a brickbuilt version of the missing panel.

42110_panel.png

It doesn't quite look the part, but it will do for now.

48782547681_9e7bc64a6d_z.jpg

@BrickWild thanks for sharing the Stud.io file!

Edited by JunkstyleGio

Just now, agrof said:

@kbalage @Sariel @Anio Can one of You post a picture about the Defender with Unimog tires, and share the viability of this setup, please?

Thank You in advance!

If you check my video I had one mounted, I can take a photo later with a full setup. Basically it is too big, the car won't move.

Thanks for the prompt answer, Sir! :classic:

I see now, it was with the tires (and wheels) of 42082 not the ones from the Unimog, though... :tongue: Seriously, doesn't the Landy wheel help a bit, as the older ones have much more offset? Maybe... what if You remove the wheel arches?

EDIT: something like this would be an easy mod and might work (??) - please don't note the collided liftarms, I know...42110_land_rover_defender.png

Edited by agrof
added pic

1 hour ago, agrof said:

Thanks for the prompt answer, Sir! :classic:

I see now, it was with the tires (and wheels) of 42082 not the ones from the Unimog, though... :tongue: Seriously, doesn't the Landy wheel help a bit, as the older ones have much more offset? Maybe... what if You remove the wheel arches?

Maybe I'm missing something (I don't have the Unimog) but according to bricklink 42082 and 8110 have the same tires. Meanwhile I realised that I have my Defender stripped down so I won't be able to take a photo of the full setup, but with the full body on the tires were almost touching the wheel arches so without a stiffer suspension or a height adjustment those tires won't fit.

@tomek9210 it's almost 3 studs deep:

rim.jpg

43 minutes ago, kbalage said:

@tomek9210 it's almost 3 studs deep:

3? I thought they are 2 studs deep when I saw the video reviews. The suspension arm 'hides' one stud into the rim, so with hub itself it makes 2 studs deep.

What connects to this 20 tooth gear? XaI7ZiP.png

Edited by SNIPE

13 hours ago, sirslayer said:

Even though I don't own this set, just by looking at it.. A 12 tooth gear would fit !!! 

But so would a 24 tooth on the right axle.(red)
1hGt2r9.png

Edited by SNIPE

15 hours ago, SNIPE said:

What connects to this 20 tooth gear?

A black 12t on the yellow axle is missing. This axle is the exit of the main gearbox.

No other gears on the red axle than what is shown on the picture. This axle is the entry of the main gear box.

Entry / exit : with a way from the wheels to the engine of course.

33 minutes ago, Anio said:

A black 12t on the yellow axle is missing. This axle is the exit of the main gearbox.

No other gears on the red axle than what is shown on the picture. This axle is the entry of the main gear box.

Entry / exit : with a way from the wheels to the engine of course.

Thanks.

@Anio how about here:

On the brown axle it looks like there should be a 16 tooth, a 16 tooth idler, or no gear at all.
AfiGu1L.png

Edited by SNIPE

@agrof That is a cool pic, the black liftarm instead of the mudguards, the bigger tires and the black roof make it mean looking actual off-road type thing, rather then the shool-run softroader landrover designed.

Ill be keeping the black roof in mind at a minimum for when i get my own.

I would love if Lego made it in Metallic Silver...  And without all the railing, boxes etc etc, the Land Rover Defender looks very good too.

.48789320368_708cc2df9c_z.jpg

Land rover requested all the roof rails and stuff but they are made to be removed easily. That metallic silver version looks absolutely gorgeous :wub:. Excellent work! Would also like to see it in 8466 metallic green and if possible, a metallic dark blue and a metallic deep red! 

Edited by allanp

I like my smalltown local toys and stationary store, since its got stuff earlier then the others :thumbup::tongue:

48798644947_698a51bc77_c.jpg

(hope the filesize is not to big to post here?)

Edited by Coolusername

So this is how you correctly aply those gear stickers, right? It must be, i played around a bit and in Lo 1st the engine moves the fastest (and clunkiest:sceptic:)

48799940647_df84a52c54_c.jpg