1 hour ago, valenciaeric said:

3 open diffs is not a great start.....

Dude, it's not motorised. And Afols need to stop bitching about Lego releasing models with open diffs. They're not intended for actual off-roading. 99.9% of customers wouldn't know what to do with lockable diffs and would eventually wind up the transmission, breaking it. Get a clue before shovelling shit on everything.

31 minutes ago, suffocation said:

Dude, it's not motorised. And Afols need to stop bitching about Lego releasing models with open diffs. They're not intended for actual off-roading. 99.9% of customers wouldn't know what to do with lockable diffs and would eventually wind up the transmission, breaking it. Get a clue before shovelling shit on everything.

Agree. Milan also said that himself in his YouTube review. 

2 hours ago, valenciaeric said:

3 open diffs is not a great start.....

As far as I know, TLC has never put a lockable diff in a set, so I wouldn't expect them to do it now. And, like @suffocation said, lockable diffs have the potential to damage the transmission since most people wouldn't even notice their existence or function.

Btw guys did i hear correctly in Grohls video:

He says that, Landrover Defender is his design for 2019?

2 hours ago, Kaanere said:

As far as I know, TLC has never put a lockable diff in a set, so I wouldn't expect them to do it now. And, like @suffocation said, lockable diffs have the potential to damage the transmission since most people wouldn't even notice their existence or function.

Now might be a good time to start and would bring it closer to the real model. Either that or just strip out the centre diff like on the Chiron as transmission wind up is hardly a problem compared with all the friction you get from the sequential gearbox workings.

I was wondering what would happnen if the hi-lo selector was in the middle position?

1 hour ago, SNIPE said:

I was wondering what would happnen if the hi-lo selector was in the middle position?

Another delay to Brexit?

Edited by valenciaeric

3 hours ago, SNIPE said:

Nothing, it's same as neutral.

6 hours ago, Valkyx said:

He says that this is the only set from the 2019 lineup that was designed by him.

45 minutes ago, kbalage said:

He says that this is the only set from the 2019 lineup that was designed by him.

I just didn't know that he works for Lego design. 

In Grohls vid you see a code or something on the passenger side dashboard from 4:56min...

Edited by Coolusername

7 hours ago, Coolusername said:

In Grohls vid you see a code or something on the passenger side dashboard from 4:56min...

It seems to me that "Defender" is written.

A very interesting model though. Never have been disappointed by Milan. Hope he participates for the development of the 2020 UCS supercar set  :classic:

15 hours ago, valenciaeric said:

Another delay to Brexit?

Sorry for off topic, but I have s feeling that in UK know what to do and EU is starting to feel the negative aspects of so called tollerance and EU is reading it's own Christian identity. As a result of Brexit (one day) real Defender could be more expensive but Lego set will remain the same...:wink:

32 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Sorry for off topic, but I have s feeling that in UK know what to do and EU is starting to feel the negative aspects of so called tollerance and EU is reading it's own Christian identity. As a result of Brexit (one day) real Defender could be more expensive but Lego set will remain the same...:wink:

Please don't ignite off-topic discussions.

15 hours ago, valenciaeric said:

Another delay to Brexit?

This goes for you too. Of course, we all like a joke, but joking about Brexit is bound to derail the topic.

11 hours ago, Coolusername said:

Simply says "defender".

640x378.jpg

In regards of the set, the functionality, small package and reasonable price point really make me want to buy this set (hadn't bought anything new for the last 2-3 years) but the overall design (last decade cars are not my cup of tea), colour choice and the unbearable colour vomit inside are really putting off, but I don't think it is enough so as not to buy one eventually. And new deep wheels, albeit still  W I I I D E.

22 hours ago, Valkyx said:

I asked him - Grohl aka Milan -  designed this offroader :)

6 hours ago, Jim said:

Please don't ignite off-topic discussions.

Deal :thumbup: just wanted to point that "British" are to take seriously and Brexit or not Lego will remain the same (as positive aspect). I think it will be available here I'll install 4 cylinder engine since Diesel engines have 4 cylinders (in Defender) and Diesel is more suitable for expedition. Wheels are very cool on Lego model.

1 hour ago, Jaromir said:

Guys, any idea when Sariel releases his Land Rover review?

Last Wednesday he posted “in a few days”. Could be any day now...

19 hours ago, Valkyx said:

I just didn't know that he works for Lego design. 

He's been working for Lego for 6 or 7 years now.

40 minutes ago, Meatman said:

He's been working for Lego for 6 or 7 years now.

Yeah, and just for a small off-topic here is the list of his official A or B models: https://brickset.com/sets/list-20970.

Returning to topic, I can't say why but despite the great design and technical complexity I can't say I like it... Maybe just not my type of vehicles :look:

Edited by Void_S

I would have bought it if the body colour had been say regular green or brown for example, not nearly enough technic parts in those colours in my opinion. I like the use of red shock absorbers and the new wheels.