The color is ugly and the shape is true to the real model. -sadly- but there is much to like about this set.

Waiting on reviews but I dare to say it is the kind of Technic I like.

edit: Well perhaps the color isn't that ugly, just hope it isn't another dead color.

The shape however... unless pictures don't do justice to it... the real model isn't a beauty either.

Edited by aol000xw
Second thoughts

So how is the drive train gonna go?

Engine -> 4 speed gearbox -> Hi/Lo selector -> Differentials

or

Engine -> Hi/Lo selector -> 4 speed gearbox -> Differentials

?

With regards to the color, I am seeing any number of on-the-road vehicles with similar colors, especially Jeeps and similar, so perhaps the olive-green can be used in corresponding MOCS or we will get more sets with the same color.

This... :wub:

42110_alt9.jpg

EDIT: sorry, just noticed, that @Paul Boratko posted this already, sorry for the double post.... at least with different background color. :tongue:

Edited by agrof

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

So how is the drive train gonna go?

Engine -> 4 speed gearbox -> Hi/Lo selector -> Differentials

or

Engine -> Hi/Lo selector -> 4 speed gearbox -> Differentials

?

My guess based on the pictures: Engine -> DNR -> Hi/Lo -> 4 speed -> center diff

Although, i cant quite figure out how the foremost driveshaft  in the pic above would fit into that idea, so i might be entirely wrong, either way, im just reasoning from the placement of the various bits we can see, and how i think that would make sense

I think one of the U joint axle pairs is FWD going to the diff and the other U joint axle pairs is output from the rear gearbox going to the front gearbox and than off to the engine.

Rear Diff -> central diff -> rear gearbox

Front diff -> U joints > central diff -> rear gearbox

Rear gearbox -> front gearbox -> engine

Either way that's a lot of gears and transmissions! I think motorizing the set through original gearbox is out of the question, it would be simply too inefficient.

Not to mention there's the steertrain that runs to the HOG in the back. I'm really curious to see how Milan solved this puzzle.

I just noticed that the rear hubs are also the steering type. This means we could mod it to have 4 wheel steering? I wonder why they used steered hubs in the rear though, maybe they wanted to keep the front and the rear axles as identical as possible?

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Not to mention there's the steertrain that runs to the HOG in the back. I'm really curious to see how Milan solved this puzzle.

The complete steering train seems to run left from the gearbox, the HOG is on the left side of the roof and runs under the left chair...

In looking that chassis I can't help but wonder if the new 11x7 frames will be in this set. I hope they are buried somewhere in there because I need them in a color other than white

Woow, the model looks amazing, I love it. That's the must have for me. BTW I've never so many positive opinions about the Lego Technic Set. :3

2 minutes ago, JackBloomer5 said:

In looking that chassis I can't help but wonder if the new 11x7 frames will be in this set. I hope they are buried somewhere in there because I need them in a color other than white

There seems to be a large black frame just above the rearview mirror. Could be just two 5x7's though.

Edit, it does appear to be a 11x7 frame or a 5x11 one.

Edited by Zerobricks

28 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

There seems to be a large black frame just above the rearview mirror. Could be just two 5x7's though.

Edit, it does appear to be a 11x7 frame or a 5x11 one.

I think it's just two black 5x7 frames. There is a black 5x7 frame behind the side box, so several more of it can appear elsewhere as well.

5 hours ago, agrof said:

That green looks less offensive in their pictures.

I hadn't expected that of the three big sets coming out 2h 2019, this would be the only one to get me excited. It looks like a proper Technic set with all kinds of interesting stuff to figure out.

I love it. This is, for me, how a Technic set has to be. Lots of gears and difficult stuff without all the expensive motors and PF.