Glad to see the wave selectors and the yellow clutch extensions from Chiron again. The Hi-Lo gear selector is very unexpected, but welcomed function. in total the model should have 8 different gears? And I need to get me some of the new deeper rims :laugh:

Just now, rm8 said:

is there any reason to use 4x4 geared down hubs there?

Make the turning circle better for one thing.

Just now, Zerobricks said:

Glad to see the wave selectors and the yellow clutch extensions from Chiron again. The Hi-Lo gear selector is very unexpected, but welcomed function. in total the model should have 8 different gears? And I need to get me some of the new deeper rims :laugh:

I think it´s the same box as in the Chiron; 4 speed x 2 range with forward and reverse just with a simpler way to upshift and downshift.

17 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Make the turning circle better for one thing.

I think using the planetary hubs in this model would be counter-productive. Due to their 5+x gearing up they would require much more force to push the model and would just spin the gearbox and the motor too fast. Though I am suprised Lego used U joints for inboard joints rather than the new CV joints.

If I see correctly the designer (Milan? Getting some 42069 vibes in this set) used a combination of a soft and hard spring in the front suspension and double hard springs in the back. That explains the bouncy-ness of the model.

IMHO this is a better set than Porsche or the Chiron, the suspension actually works, it has AWD with 3 differentials, HOG, and plenty of other functions like winch and rear door lock.

Only thing I don't like is the engine, a classic inline 4 would be more realistic.

I'm gonna get one, maybe motorize it with the new hubs, if the original gearbox will allow it.

Edited by Zerobricks

And again, price rised.
For Poland cost of this set is 850PLN, for Germany 180€. The problem is that 850 divided to 180 does not match the actual exchange rate; 1€ is worth 4,35PLN, and price set by LEGO uses 4,72 rate :(

Well, very functional good looking set. Real LEGO Supercar with reasonable price and lot of functions! First time from 8880...

15 minutes ago, rm8 said:

Well, very functional good looking set. Real LEGO Supercar with reasonable price and lot of functions!

Agreed.  And i do hope we dont see too much griping about the price.  SAME price as the Unimog from nearly ten years ago (inflation) and approx. 500 more pieces?  Good value IMO....

Milan has done an awesome job on this one! I wonder if it has Ackermann? A few shots in the video suggest it, but can't see the mechanism. Super happy to be getting the wave selector, blue clutch and yellow extender in this set, plus D/N/R, 4 speeds and hi/lo - excellent!

I'm very excited for this, and from what I have seen so far it ticks most of the boxes for me. It's just a no-nonsense Technic set with manual funations at a reasonable price.

Should be interesting to see all of the customizing that will inevitably happen as well. 

5 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Agreed.  And i do hope we dont see too much griping about the price.  SAME price as the Unimog from nearly ten years ago (inflation) and approx. 500 more pieces?  Good value IMO....

Well ... The Unimog had power functions and pneumatics. Anyway, online the price should quickly drop to -25% which is more reasonable.

6 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

Why do they say that it is the most complex gearbox if it almost the same as the chiron's?

TLG's marketing lingos: "most" and other superlative adjectives.

42110: at least it is up to my expectations, which is great! :thumbup:

The only things, what I don't really like: the over complicated rear door lock, and the operation of the winch. But at least there is a winch, so it is kind of positive. :classic:

Edited by agrof
They deserve a thumbs up.

1 hour ago, Akbalder said:

Why do they say that it is the most complex gearbox if it almost the same as the chiron's?

I would hope it is better then the chiron, as in, less gear meshes and no 4 combination box for the hi/lo part, i can understand why they went with the doubled up hi/lo side for the chiron, for this car with a seperate hi/lo selector, there is no valid reason to use more then 3 clutches in the main gearbox (+1 for the FNR selector). Shifting wise it should also be less complex then the chiron, as it is just a bunch of direct manual selectors.

Looking at the video, a few points still stand out as negatives to me, but i will absolutely be buying it. Only question is whether ill pounce on it for christmass this year, or do i wait for the inevitable "pimp my landrover" community project here to reach version 1.4/5 and build that straight away.

I really like this, especially after seeing the real car and Technic videos back to back. They’ve captured a good number of the design features even in the interior with the beam going across the dash.

i would say this is a day 1 purchase for me but I’ll be on holiday. I hope it’s still in stock at the end of October 

My big complaint is that it’s left hand drive. The original Land Rover is a British classic and the driving position should show that. 

Hopefully it won’t be too much of a problem to build it with the steering wheel on the correct side. 

4 minutes ago, SquirrelArmy said:

My big complaint is that it’s left hand drive. The original Land Rover is a British classic and the driving position should show that. 

Hopefully it won’t be too much of a problem to build it with the steering wheel on the correct side. 

judging from the pics, there arent any assymetrical pieces in the interior, so nothing should stop you from building the dash and steering wheel section in its mirror image.

Personally i prefer it being LH, the real car is (available in LH anyway), and for the vast majority of TLC customers, LH is reality, although i understand that for some brittons it might feel a bit wrong, especially on a landy.

3 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

judging from the pics, there arent any assymetrical pieces in the interior, so nothing should stop you from building the dash and steering wheel section in its mirror image.

Personally i prefer it being LH, the real car is (available in LH anyway), and for the vast majority of TLC customers, LH is reality, although i understand that for some brittons it might feel a bit wrong, especially on a landy.

It all depends on the running gear. As long as there’s no asymmetric elements there it should be fine. Although I will be waiting to see if this is the case before I buy. 

Lego actually made the Mini Cooper RH drive so I know they do usually think about the origins of a car. 

27 minutes ago, SquirrelArmy said:

Well when you want the early static reviews by Drivetribe and CarWow you’ll see they were given a LHD 90 and 110.

Most of our development cars where I work are LHD even though you’d consider the vehicles I work on British

20 minutes ago, Aleh said:

I assume this connector appears here firstly in dbg colour? 

32184.png

Fun fact - it made its first Dark Grey appearance in 8446 in 1999.

It has appeared in DBG before, in 8435 in 2004 and the Racers set 8651 in 2005.

Edited by Maaboo35

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

Fun fact - it made its first Dark Grey appearance in 8446 in 1999.

It has appeared in DBG before, in 8435 in 2004 and the Racers set 8651 in 2005.

It appeared in 75119 (SW buildable figure) in 2016 and it was available at B&P for a short time, I have grabbed like 30 of them at that time, but is is nice to see it again