4 hours ago, BrickWild said:

Just five more days to go until Sariel's review! :grin:

Sorry to say that: It's more than 5 days! Sariel said that his review won't be ready the first day.

New article on Autocar today with fresh leaked images of the car. Showing it in the same green as the model and also with the same stowage box on the right hand side (the one I'd been asking about).

It officially gets launched tomorrow (Tues 10th) as this week is the start of Frankfurt Motor Show

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-land-rover-defender-2019

Yuck, that is one ugly car in real life, and not very land rover-esque, especially for something carryint the defender name, very much a lifestyle school run SUV-look, not some serious off-road machine. The lego version had it looking a bit more rugged at least.

Odd as it is, that might seriously impact my buying decision, i have no interest in having something ugly on the shelf, or something which reminds me off an ugly car...

23 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

Yuck, that is one ugly car in real life, and not very land rover-esque, especially for something carryint the defender name, very much a lifestyle school run SUV-look, not some serious off-road machine. The lego version had it looking a bit more rugged at least.

Odd as it is, that might seriously impact my buying decision, i have no interest in having something ugly on the shelf, or something which reminds me off an ugly car...

The test in the UK will be if farmers buy it (the real car not the Lego one). if they do it's a proper defender

13 hours ago, Seasider said:

New article on Autocar today with fresh leaked images of the car. Showing it in the same green as the model and also with the same stowage box on the right hand side (the one I'd been asking about).

It officially gets launched tomorrow (Tues 10th) as this week is the start of Frankfurt Motor Show

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-land-rover-defender-2019

It’s valid and logically true.

This set review embargo is 11-Sep and lego must officially announce it either after or during actual car announcements by maker Land Rover

We shall see something on 10th or 11th..

Be passion..

Watched the stream official presentation too. It might and probably will be a good car, but the forced presentation of irrelevant details as heritage... pure marketing megablocks. Fits well in current Land Rover / Range Rover lineup, but lost all the character of the old one.

Once I get myself over the preconceptions coming from the old one, I might get like it. Admittedly, the LEGO version looks honest to the real thing.

This video might be not as funny as Hammond (from Overwatch?), but shows more in-depth arguments:

Edited by agrof
added video

18 hours ago, Seasider said:

The test in the UK will be if farmers buy it (the real car not the Lego one). if they do it's a proper defender

They bought Discos in spades so eh. :grin:

The Defender was only kept alive in the UK by it's insanely high legal towing capacity which kept utilities buying it, and some big MoD orders for the Wolf, which was a very expensive modified Defender that actually worked :classic:

I've driven Discos, Defenders and Range Rovers off-road.  The bubble-gum school run Disco is surprisingly capable.  The Defender is underwhelming,

All that said, I'm stirring the pot a bit.  I'd rather have a Transit.

Edited by andythenorth

Finally Land rover revealed model, that was created in collaboration with LEGO. And it is similar to set 42110, that was revealed two weeks earlier. They even copied independent suspension, Amazing!Good car for adult  LEGO Technic fans. I wish car compaies produce more LEGO Technic set in 1:1 scale.:grin:

5 minutes ago, rm8 said:

Finally Land rover revealed model, that was created in collaboration with LEGO. And it is similar to set 42110, that was revealed two weeks earlier. They even copied independent suspension, Amazing!Good car for adult  LEGO Technic fans. I wish car compaies produce more LEGO Technic set in 1:1 scale.:grin:

It would be nice if Formula 1 would catch up and stop basing their engine formula on 80s/90s sets when we have 42000 available with a revolutionary V8 engine!

16 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

It would be nice if Formula 1 would catch up and stop basing their engine formula on 80s/90s sets when we have 42000 available with a revolutionary V8 engine!

Sooo you want them to put hybrid turbo v6's on the lego models? 

48 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

Let's focus on the Defender.

28 minutes ago, Mechbuilds said:

Sooo you want them to put hybrid turbo v6's on the lego models? 

And back on-topic.

Thanks.

So the side box I was asking about is just a stoarage box. it's a selectable option on the UK website when you configure a vehicle

So when is the Lego model available to buy ?

Edited by Seasider

1 hour ago, Akbalder said:

Is there a 3rd seat at the front in the Lego version?

no, there will be a lot gearbox switches

Here's the real deal:

Key features:

• Four-wheel drive with three differentials
  • Fully independent suspension
  • Advanced four-speed sequential gearbox with a gear selector knob and a hi/lo selector
  • In-line six-cylinder engine with moving pistons
  • Working winch
  • Detailed interior
  • Removable roof rack with storage box, pannier, ladder and traction mats.

More pics and details here.

Just now, valenciaeric said:

Bugatti gearbox part but not the new hubs from rc 4x4.

is there any reason to use 4x4 geared down hubs there?