3 hours ago, vectormatic said:

Would a 2JZ be just as long as a V12 based on the same bore pattern? 

Snip

It depends on how close the Pistons can be placed together. And thats also the problem with the LEGO engines: The space between the pistons is way to big. It looks okay on a V12, because it has some width to it, but on a inline 6 the problem is obvious, it looks bad visually.

7 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

It depends on how close the Pistons can be placed together. And thats also the problem with the LEGO engines: The space between the pistons is way to big. It looks okay on a V12, because it has some width to it, but on a inline 6 the problem is obvious, it looks bad visually.

Agreed, the "cilinder walls" on the lego parts are waaaaay too thick compared to real engines, so yeah, an inline lego 6 is probably in terms of length/borediameter worse then a real world I8. So for lego model purposes, i can agree that using the std parts for an I6 is an issue, i think from all the leaked pics we already kind of knew the space wasnt there to put one of those into the defender. I would've much prefered an I4 though, i fully expect the Defender to also be made with an I4 engine, so realism would be there, it just wouldnt be the top spec model.

And on a tangent, it makes me wonder if one could bore out the lego cilinders and 3d-print some oversized pistons. I dont think a stroke-increase is very possible (given that that also would increase the distance between the cilinder mounting holes and crankshaft, meaning a new engine front/back brace is in order), but an overbore fake engine....

4 hours ago, vectormatic said:

And on a tangent, it makes me wonder if one could bore out the lego cilinders and 3d-print some oversized pistons. I dont think a stroke-increase is very possible (given that that also would increase the distance between the cilinder mounting holes and crankshaft, meaning a new engine front/back brace is in order), but an overbore fake engine....

When boring out the cylinders you would probably get problems with the Pinholes, my guess is that the cylinders are already as big as they can be without contact with the Pinholes.

Just now, Sariel said:

Review coming soon!

We really need to have a word in the chamber young man. You will most likely be banned for posting an oversized image :tongue:

Looking forward to your reviews! And looking forward to reviewing myself :wink:

@Sariel nice. Then I can disagree with the final ratings again :laugh: seriously though I'm intrigued by the land rover and the new app for 42100 so looking forward to it.

Edited by allanp

Just now, Sariel said:

Pardon me, fixed it :)

I will let you back in now :laugh:

Thanks mate

Just now, allanp said:

Nice, then I can disagree with the final ratings again :laugh: 

:laugh:

2 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

When boring out the cylinders you would probably get problems with the Pinholes, my guess is that the cylinders are already as big as they can be without contact with the Pinholes.

Derp, totally forgot about the pins going though the block.... Good point

@Sariel, when you say after sep 11th, does that mean you get the set the 11th, and a review will show up when you are done?

Also, either sariel or @Jim, could you guys pay some attention to how much space there is under the bonnet for a propper engine, similar to the wheel comparissons on 42069? I know it is a big ask, but for me (and probably others), that is a make or break question for this set

58 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

@Sariel, when you say after sep 11th, does that mean you get the set the 11th, and a review will show up when you are done?

Lego is shipping review sets on 10th and the embargo date is 11th 16:00 CEST. Which means that people will be racing to make a review and mine usually take a while to complete, edit and whatnot, so my review certainly won't come on 11th but a few days after.

1 hour ago, agrof said:

@Lipko Could You see which wheel hub is used in the model? 

No, I forgot to look...
For a manual model I wouldn't use the planetary hubs but who knows...

I secretly hope that 42110 will introduce ball joint version of Technic, Axle and Pin Connector Perpendicular Split... It would be nice to mount new HUBs with them to old axles.

92907.png

Edited by HorcikDesigns

15 hours ago, Sariel said:

Lego is shipping review sets on 10th and the embargo date is 11th 16:00 CEST. Which means that people will be racing to make a review and mine usually take a while to complete, edit and whatnot, so my review certainly won't come on 11th but a few days after.

Makes sense, i was just wondering. By all means take your time though, as nintendo says, a bad game is forever bad, a late game is only late once.

@agrof

I would not count on that, I think that the wheels are to small and the planetairy hubs would not fit.

I also doubt it'll use the planetary hubs. There's no need for them and the real life vehicle doesn't have them. What would be cool though is a hub which accepts the new larger CV joints. 

I also don't expect planetary hubs - though would be nice to have.

Those wheels are not small at all (I think 56x34 mm with tires from 42000), just like the car either. Look how it compares to 42094 and 42070 (a bit in the background), despite the perspective,  it is pretty voluminous:

800x600.jpg

Edited by agrof

@agrof i havent been able to get a good peek at the tires to read the size, but i would love it if those are indeed 42000s tires, as that means the wheel will fit on pretty much any modern non-huge technic car, i imagine they will look a lot better on 42096 then the standard technic rims.

21 hours ago, agrof said:

I also don't expect planetary hubs - though would be nice to have.

Those wheels are not small at all (I think 56x34 mm with tires from 42000), just like the car either. Look how it compares to 42094 and 42070 (a bit in the background), despite the perspective,  it is pretty voluminous:

20 hours ago, vectormatic said:

@agrof i havent been able to get a good peek at the tires to read the size, but i would love it if those are indeed 42000s tires, as that means the wheel will fit on pretty much any modern non-huge technic car, i imagine they will look a lot better on 42096 then the standard technic rims.

I'm 99% sure the rims are 56mm x 34mm. In the preliminary images of the 42099, it had these rims with Claas tyres :wink:

On 8/29/2019 at 12:58 PM, allanp said:

I also doubt it'll use the planetary hubs. There's no need for them and the real life vehicle doesn't have them. What would be cool though is a hub which accepts the new larger CV joints. 

I have tested almost all wheels and tires and they fit the new hubs perfectly.

You sort of can use the new cv joints with the 42056 hubs or the portal hubs by putting the axle of the new male cv joint in the axlehole of the hubs. you would need to then move the wishbones 1L back so they line up with the male cv joint.

Edited by SNIPE