3 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Since it has sequential gearbox + winch + ... It will be more technical set that 42096

Thank you for the important information!

Now I don't understand, why it's going to cost significantly cheaper, than Bugatti, considering the same number of parts, the same (or better) functions and the license feature!

Edited by Yevhen

2 minutes ago, Yevhen said:

Thank you for the important information!

Now I don't understand, why it's going to cost significantly cheaper, than Bugatti, considering the same number of parts, the same (or better) functions and the license feature!

You're welcome.

It was posted here

...and here is a website...

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/lego-and-bricks/lego-technic/lego-42110-technic-land-rover-defender/p/176191

Chiron had 3600 parts and (probably) more expensive engine, introduction of new gears...but when we see inventory for Landy we will get more precise answer to your question... perhaps it has something to do with class where real vehicle belongs?

Edited by I_Igor

I'm honestly not sure. Those fenders are a bit too much for me. Looked like a simple creator set at first look.

I can't keep up with Technic...

Looks 81.6, the same as in 42000. If so, it is the perfect scale to me. I still need to gnaw the design... looks OK-ish, waiting for the technical details.

The fenders are lazy solutions in my opinion, but can deal with it.

Edit: hope for the new wheel hubs. Not much sense for a manual model, but would be great to have it as default for motorization mods! :sweet:

Edited by agrof

So vomit is an official LEGO- color now?

It appears Creator-ish to me too, so I hope the engine and suspension will be interesting, it has a little too many bricks that will come off easily. I do welcome the fenders though. It appears LEGO is using less flex axles to shape the body of recent models, which is a good thing imo.

Edited by Didumos69

I can’t tell if the wheel rims are standard size or similar to the Porsche and Bugatti. I really hope they are standard because I need some edge mounted rims in that size.

Form the description:

• This 2573-piece LEGO Technic Land Rover Defender 42110 delivers an immersive building experience. Measures over 22cm high, 42cm long and 20cm wide

Just measured Madoca's FJ40 (uses 81.6 tires), which is much smaller: 18 cm high, 34 cm long and 17 cm wide. So I am likely wrong with the 81.6 guess. Might be 94.8 new tire? Can somebody check?

Edited by agrof

2 minutes ago, agrof said:

Form the description:

• This 2573-piece LEGO Technic Land Rover Defender 42110 delivers an immersive building experience. Measures over 22cm high, 42cm long and 20cm wide

Just measured Madoca's FJ40 (uses 81.6 tires), which is much smaller: 18 cm high, 34 cm long and 17 cm wide. So I am likely wrong with the 81.6 guess. Might be 94.8 new tire? Can somebody check?

Tires are 99% from 42000 set and rims are new with 56 x 34 mm dimensions...perhaps hubs from 42099 are inside them...

11 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Tires are 99% from 42000 set and rims are new with 56 x 34 mm dimensions...perhaps hubs from 42099 are inside them...

I doubt it has 42099 hubs. From the shape of wheels I would expect Chiron's female type hubs. But they do seem to have crossholes!

Edited by Zerobricks

On 6/21/2019 at 9:31 PM, Zerobricks said:

I doubt it has 42099 hubs. From the shape of wheels I would expect Chiron's female type hubs.

To me it looks at least like dbg pins in black rims...but I hope for bigger images very soon

Edited by I_Igor

This....looks....BEAUTIFUL! :wub: I love the colour and the new wheel arches. If I had to nitpick I'd say the wheels are much too wide and the wheel arches would have been more useful, and might have looked better in black. Time will tell how mechanically accurate and interesting it is. I really hope it uses the regular pistons and not the Mach Anthem style of engine. But I think this might be a day one purchase for me just because it has much better functionality that the 1:10 white Porsche (who really don't seem to care about mechanical details. What does that say about their real cars? :sceptic:) and I love defenders (the old classic icon) and this looks very close to it. Those wheel arches are a very nice surprise that I wasn't expecting at all! I very much doubt it will have the 42099 hubs as the real one doesn't have them.

Edited by allanp

It certainly looks like 81.6 mm tires like in the 42000 to me.

Do these wheels have a pivot point close to the edge of the rim? Or am I too hopeful?

And I wouldn't be surprised if we get actual working doorhandles as well...

Edited by Jeroen Ottens
spotted doorhandle

10 minutes ago, Ivan_M said:

Ugh, not another car, do we really need more this year?

Good year for petrolheads. Definitely a year of quality over quantity for plantheads.

31 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

So vomit is an official LEGO- color now?

I guess it is supposed to represent the so-called Heritage color, hence also the white roof. But as a color match it's not that successful, would any other TLG color be a better match? I'm glad the rims aren't this color as well.

land-rover-defender--9_1600x0w.jpg

Looks like it might have door locks! If you look you can see the grey axle going through.

Edited by FilthyFox

Also, here is a zoomed in picture from the bottom right of the box art. Side view - don't know how much this adds to the conversation, though. :tongue:

1.png

Edited by agrof

3 minutes ago, agrof said:

Also, here is a zoomed in picture from the bottom right of the box art. Side view - don't know how much this adds to the conversation, though. :tongue:

That's the Creator Expert version :wink:

23 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

It certainly looks like 81.6 mm tires like in the 42000 to me.

Do these wheels have a pivot point close to the edge of the rim? Or am I too hopeful?

Rims look like they have zero offset (current racing wheels within technic line like on 42099 set have negative offset; so pivot point is closer to edge of rim.

22 minutes ago, Cumulonimbus said:

I guess it is supposed to represent the so-called Heritage color, hence also the white roof. But as a color match it's not that successful, would any other TLG color be a better match? I'm glad the rims aren't this color as well.

This would do:

21042?scl=1.7&op_sharpen=1

TLG, however, went for this:

fanart-75978-10.jpg

24 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Good year for petrolheads. Definitely a year of quality over quantity for plantheads.

Most  Defenders are powered with Diesel engines (torque is more important for off-road than Shire power) :wink: