HoMa

Fx Bricks (Michael Gale) announces Fx Track system

3 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

Excellent! When will you have pricing information for the various elements that are releasing on June 1?

@michaelgale : I second this question; since you're pretty sure about releasing some of these for pre-sale soon, do you have any idea what these items will cost in their respective box-sets ?  I guess we're talking about the S8, S32 (maybe price changed with a larger fabricated amount ?), R72 and R88 pieces here ?

I can't wait to make a nice loop for the christmas tree this year and not have to worry about batteries anymore... :wub_drool:

19 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

@michaelgale : I second this question; since you're pretty sure about releasing some of these for pre-sale soon, do you have any idea what these items will cost in their respective box-sets ?  I guess we're talking about the S8, S32 (maybe price changed with a larger fabricated amount ?), R72 and R88 pieces here ?

I can't wait to make a nice loop for the christmas tree this year and not have to worry about batteries anymore... :wub_drool:

The S8 prices will almost certainly be relatively proportional to the S32s, ie 1/4 the price or slightly more.....

My guess for R88s is that a box will be less than that for R72, but two will be more (1 box of R72s is 1/2 a circle, 1 box of R88+ is 1/4).  As a box of R72s is EUR 59.99, I'd guess probably about EUR 39.99 per box for the R88s, meaning EUR 79.98 for a half circle.

I'd expect the S8 to be a good bit more than S32. It may be quarter of the material but then there's tooling, packaging...

We've not finalized pricing yet.  However, the price does not simply scale with the size of the item.  Each track item is roughly the equivalent in terms of tooling costs, i.e. plastic mold + one (for straights) or two (for curves) pressed metal stamping tools.   The amount of plastic consumed per unit is not a big cost driver.  Furthermore, other costs such as shipping, labour, and material prices have increased a great deal in just the past 6 months--each of which contributes to our cost of goods.

4 hours ago, michaelgale said:

We've not finalized pricing yet.  However, the price does not simply scale with the size of the item.  Each track item is roughly the equivalent in terms of tooling costs, i.e. plastic mold + one (for straights) or two (for curves) pressed metal stamping tools.   The amount of plastic consumed per unit is not a big cost driver.  Furthermore, other costs such as shipping, labour, and material prices have increased a great deal in just the past 6 months--each of which contributes to our cost of goods.

Hi Michael;... Not trying to corner you here, but are you implying that prices might be higher than they were for the first round ?  Don't get me wrong, I understand what you're saying, and I get that you will "forward" the costs over the items, but you are now making larger batches ? But it sounds to me that buying a box of S32 might now be more than the original price was ?

Either way, I'm still very interested, and I guess that if you are slightly more expensive this round, then I'll have to cut some of my money that otherwise would go to Lego sets... :wink:

The price of 7.5 Euros per S32 is already high compared to 2.3 Euros for a Trixbrix S32. In the long term the success of the track system depends on the number of new customers who choose 9V over plastic tracks, therefore, tracks must get cheaper, not more expensive. The number of customers who are willing to pay high prices is limited to the existing 9V fanbase but their need for tracks will be satisfied soon.