HoMa

Fx Bricks (Michael Gale) announces Fx Track system

I think you guys need more faith. Remember the delays with straights, different radius curves, etc.? It is still situation in China (and how they manage the covid with complete city or region lockdowns), so let Michael work it out. My personal impression was that they want these products (and the following up product linr) to come alive at the level as those who have been waiting 10+ years for large radius 9V switches.

Remember they haven't started the tracks with crowd-funded campaigns, but with their own investments.

1 hour ago, Ashi Valkoinen said:

think you guys need more faith.

100% This. And the rest of your post.

Best,
Thorsten

New update on the Fx blog. TLDR: switches are comming but after testing at conventions over the summer there are a couple of modifications they want to make before full release. Expected preorder January 2023 with delivery around March. Simultaneously R64 , S1.6 , and S3.2 will be released. New store inventory of current products are being sorted and will be stocked soon.

18 hours ago, Andalo_an said:

New update on the Fx blog. TLDR: switches are comming but after testing at conventions over the summer there are a couple of modifications they want to make before full release. Expected preorder January 2023 with delivery around March. Simultaneously R64 , S1.6 , and S3.2 will be released. New store inventory of current products are being sorted and will be stocked soon.

Ahhhh very good to see this.  In the future I do intend to invest in this - though as I have approximately 0 pieces of LEGO 9v train equipment I see no point in doing so until the ‘complete set’ of components is out.  Looking forward to it, Michael!

So great news !

Also it is very interesting they were testing intensively their products and fixing the issues (and also communicating on them)

They also said that they have new stocks to be delivered to JB Spielwaren 

I just finished reading all 20 pages posted so if my questions have already been answered I missed it. 1) does the P-40 turnout have the same footprint ( 3 connection points) as Bricktracks or Trix Bricks R-104s. Could I use them as place holders to develop my layout and 2) can the route through the turnout be changed by moving the points themselves instead of always using the tiebar

1. I believe the Bricktracks/TrixBrix R104s and the FX P40R share the same straight connections/length but the diverging route is different.

2. If you mean via the rails I would believe so. However without having experienced a physical copy or seen an independent review I can't confirm or deny this.

2 hours ago, Matt Dawson said:

1. I believe the Bricktracks/TrixBrix R104s and the FX P40R share the same straight connections/length but the diverging route is different.

2. If you mean via the rails I would believe so. However without having experienced a physical copy or seen an independent review I can't confirm or deny this.

22 hours ago, jmorrin32MICHLUGmember said:

I just finished reading all 20 pages posted so if my questions have already been answered I missed it. 1) does the P-40 turnout have the same footprint ( 3 connection points) as Bricktracks or Trix Bricks R-104s. Could I use them as place holders to develop my layout and 2) can the route through the turnout be changed by moving the points themselves instead of always using the tiebar

I have tried it last August, the P40 switches did fit to the place of my R104 right TrixBrix and R104 left double slip TrixBrix. I didn't need to alter anything, just quickly replaced them.

cikk_kep_04_1.jpg

You can't switch the rails with the train wheels, if you arrive from the wrong direction the switch rails will derail the train.

Edited by Ashi Valkoinen

I just finished reading all 20 pages posted so if my questions have already been answered I missed it. 1) does the P-40 turnout have the same footprint ( 3 connection points) as Bricktracks or Trix Bricks R-104s. Could I use them as place holders to develop my layout and 2) can the route through the turnout be changed by moving the points themselves instead of always using the tiebar moving the points with my finger from straight to diverging and back. I have 2 locations that the tiebar would be hard to reach.

On 1/11/2023 at 4:26 AM, jmorrin32MICHLUGmember said:

does the P-40 turnout have the same footprint ( 3 connection points) as Bricktracks or Trix Bricks R-104s. Could I use them as place holders to develop my layout

I do not have an FX-Brick P40 switch, so I can only infer this from the Trixbrix and L-Gauge libraries in BlueBrick. And there they (Trixbrix R104 and L-Gauge P40) perfectly match. I also would totally recommend using something like BlueBrick if you develop anything that is a bit more complex. ;)

Hey Guys,

New post on the website from FX Bricks. Happy New Year! Updates from the Frontline – Fx Bricks

I feel like the p40 left and right switches and more products are getting very close to the final stages and will be put into production not to long from now. I Hope the new power station, motor bogie and power connectors will be available for sale this summer. 

What do you guys think about it?

Greetings,

4 hours ago, GoHabsGo said:

Very great news ! 

I'm pretty excited by the new wheel set.

I'm starting to save money !

Funny, those wheels have an extincted 9v connector while description mentions PF and PU

Edited by JaBaCaDaBra

1 hour ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Funny, those wheels have an extincted 9v connector while description mentions PF and PU

They will use the 9v connector for all future products, they showed their version at Schwabenstein 2x4: https://youtu.be/CJjVDErcjJY?t=600

So not quite extinct. You can always connect 9v and PF with the PF extension cables lbg end, for PU you can get adapters from PV-Productions, Aliexpress or just make you own.