Kintobor

Karie's Cosplay Mafia: Day Two

40937591803_7f2a9cea26_b.jpg

-Day Two-

After finding a place to crash at Karie's, everyone awoke early the next day. Karie arrived last, looking confused. She spoke to her house guests.

48089192676_939221371e_b.jpg

"Well, good morning. Huh. I had a report come in that someone died last night, but you're all here... everyone want to quickly shout "here", just in case I messed up?"

"HERE!" Everyone shouted, with the exception of one individual. Chromeknight, dressed as Daphne, stood silently, looking terrified. Sandy soon remembered that Chromeknight was present first. He tapped Chromeknight on the shoulder...

48089228298_05a417ca2d_b.jpg

...Only to have Chromeknight's corpse topple over, having been split in two! Guts and gore spilt out everywhere!

"Oh. The scum propped up Chromeknight and left the body here." Karie surmised. "Gross! Anyway, Chromeknight was Town.

Nine of you remain, and the party's just getting started! Now, I need to find someone to clean up a body..."

The Party Goers

48039869441_e030e1b3bc_o.jpg
Karie, as Herself (NPC)

48039869501_5c9db6c956_o.jpg
jimmynick, as Black Canary

48039906898_8f1d1eae00_o.jpg
Bob, as Egon Spengler

48039869411_c2d20316fc_o.jpg
Khscarymovie4, as Korra

48039973042_b52aac0e55_o.jpg
Sandy, as Kylo Ren

48039973002_b7b116b579_o.jpg
Sir Stig, as Raphael

48039906768_946431bb95_o.jpg
Trekkie99, as Tyrion Lannister

48039972967_4b28ed98ac_o.jpg
Hinckley, as Tauriel

48039869351_18e742a7fc_o.jpg
KotZ, as Newt Scamander

48039906783_c772d2468f_o.jpg
Tariq j, as Tracer

The "Deceased"

48039869481_a6e3a4929c_o.jpg
Chromeknight, as Daphne Blake: Had a splitting stomachache- Town

---

Rules: (Thanks Def. I'm stealing your rules.:tongue:)

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Scum. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Scum, while the Scum needs to outnumber the Town.  Third-party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player.  Voting is mandatory. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player).  No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. Failure to vote will incur a vote penalty the following game day.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached after 72 hours. After the day has been concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 20 hours of the night stage.

3.5. Players may not target the same player two nights in a row, and may not target themselves.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host, or in PM with any other players. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread. 

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM

11. Violation of any of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty for the first offence, and death on your second offence.

Oh my! What a truly gruesome way to die! Don't worry dear Daphne, you will be avenged. 

I guess first off I would like some response from our eleven friend Taulriel who not only never voted but only made one appearance. I would also like to hear from our wizard Newt who also failed to vote despite being here. I know elves and wizards are not that friendly of creatures but it's a party, time to mingle. Not voting is also not helpful, hard to get a read on a mumble of the words. 

Second off this happened very near the end of the day but I would like to continue to ask my questions as I still find the post odd. 

On 6/16/2019 at 8:23 AM, Trekkie99 said:

Okay I'll bite.

Do we want a day one lynch?

I say yes, and right now I'm looking at those who haven't voted yet. 

Hink Popped in to ask what's up and we haven't heard from him since, while KotZ has been a little more active meaning he's had more opportunities to do something productive such as vote. So in the spirit of being productive, I'll change my vote with the intention of achieving a lynch.

Unvote: Kora (Khscarymovie4)

Vote: Newt (KotZ)

On 6/16/2019 at 11:35 AM, Khscarymovie4 said:

How was that bite? I don't want to take a bite out of anything unless I know its perfect. 

I do have to ask though, do you really think a lynch right now is best for the town? A lot of times I think it's a very conflicting topic, but here with so little people (and some not people) I would find it nothing more then eliminating more of our already short herd. Unless of course we do find a scum which is a rare happening for day one when were going off so little. Just my thoughts but I would like to also ask why you brought this up now? At the time you said this statement we had about 4 hours tell sundown, did you really expect to have a lynch in this time? And why not bring up this topic hours before when you were posting photos of a certain Mr. not attending this party? 

I do agree with your thoughts on the non voters though. Not voting is not the most townie move, something would be better then nothing. 

Unvote: Raphael (Sir Stig)

That was a joke vote and I now have a little bit of a suspicion towards some of our cosplayers. I am worried about some of our cosplayer who fail to vote, as its not helpful to the town. I also I think Tyrion's latest post always raises some questions from me that I asked above. I will 

Vote: Tyrion Lannister (Trekkie99

So Mr. Hand Of The King. I still would like to ask you why did you think a day 1 lynch was so important with so little people? I also have to ask why did you wait tell only 4 hours left in the game to push for a lynch when you could have done so hours before? 

I still don't think I will accept your wine today. H2O steals the show. Any one want some? Made from the deepest rivers in the glorious forest on Canada. 

6 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

So Mr. Hand Of The King. I still would like to ask you why did you think a day 1 lynch was so important with so little people?

So because we didn't talk about whether or not we wanted a day one lynch yesterday were talking about it today?

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

I also have to ask why did you wait tell only 4 hours left in the game to push for a lynch when you could have done so hours before? 

I didn't even realize the day was almost over. Felt like it flew by.

What kind of a monster just keeps a body stood up? 

11 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

I as well felt like the day flew by. There's (unfortunately) only ten people in this game. One is dead, and two are likely scum, which leaves seven town left in the game. 

Yes, I know that I could just be stating obvious stuff here, but I feel it needs to be said. Regardless, speculation is always important. We've had our  fun Day One votes. I voted for Newt because of his name. But today we'll have to try to vote for someone based on a reason. We'll just have to watch out for one. 

I can talk now. I was super sleepy yesterday. The interaction between @Bob and @jimmynick was weird. Anyone else notice?

1 hour ago, Trekkie99 said:

Welp.

55 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

So because we didn't talk about whether or not we wanted a day one lynch yesterday were talking about it today?

Helpful. Real helpful. Super helpful. How's my sarcasm? Clear? Good.

41 minutes ago, Bob said:

What kind of a monster just keeps a body stood up? 

I as well felt like the day flew by. There's (unfortunately) only ten people in this game. One is dead, and two are likely scum, which leaves seven town left in the game. 

Yes, I know that I could just be stating obvious stuff here, but I feel it needs to be said. Regardless, speculation is always important. We've had our  fun Day One votes. I voted for Newt because of his name. But today we'll have to try to vote for someone based on a reason. We'll just have to watch out for one. 

We all had fun with our Day One votes? Whee? Were they all really just fun. Seriously, I'm asking. Because I wasn't here. I was working 12 hour days for the last seven days, but all good now. Ready to cosplay!

2 hours ago, Kintobor said:

11. Violation of any of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty for the first offence, and death on your second offence.

Excuse me @Kintobor, I violated a rule yesterday. Will I now be given 5 votes? That would be a majority, making me lynched if we can't come to another consensus...along with KotZ. Is that how it works? If we reach a consensus of 6 votes, but two other people vote for me, I'm dead? Asking for a friend, thanks.

18 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

Anyone else notice?

You mean my throwaway line about "vigilante mob business" where I deliberately inserted the word "mob" so it wouldn't look like a softclaim because it was a joke about my cosplay and how my waifu Batman is a masked vigilante? Not to mention the practice of lynching is a classic of vigilante mobs in the wild wild west? I think you're reading too much into it.

Someone did PM me about it and directly accused me of softclaiming. Want to guess who?

Just now, jimmynick said:

You mean my throwaway line about "vigilante mob business" where I deliberately inserted the word "mob" so it wouldn't look like a softclaim because it was a joke about my cosplay and how my waifu Batman is a masked vigilante? Not to mention the practice of lynching is a classic of vigilante mobs in the wild wild west? I think you're reading too much into it.

Someone did PM me about it and directly accused me of softclaiming. Want to guess who?

Was it Bob?

There was another role, not vigilante, that was mentioned that pinged me.

Or maybe Trekkie wanted to know if you were claiming vig? Wait, wait. Did they contact you with a meme?

Just now, jimmynick said:

"Accuse" is such a harsh word. 

24 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

Excuse me @Kintobor, I violated a rule yesterday. Will I now be given 5 votes? That would be a majority, making me lynched if we can't come to another consensus...along with KotZ. Is that how it works? If we reach a consensus of 6 votes, but two other people vote for me, I'm dead? Asking for a friend, thanks.

I would rule it that you'd be halfway to a lynch, on odd numbers rounding down. You and KotZ will have a 2 vote penalty. I'll edit the rules before voting opens. :thumbup:

Just now, Kintobor said:

I would rule it that you'd be halfway to a lynch, on odd numbers rounding down. You and KotZ will have a 2 vote penalty. I'll edit the rules before voting opens. :thumbup:

Thanks! :grin: I like not being lynched.

6 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

"Accuse" is such a harsh word. 

My second guess was right. So, looking for the vig?

8 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

I new it was more likely than not that you weren't soft claiming, but I brought it up nonetheless mostly as a joke to start some chit chat.

29 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

1 minute ago, Kintobor said:

This was my same question, thanks for the clarification.

Sorry I didn't vote yesterday all, got caught up with a real life party. I would've voted for Tariq for his weird switch, if that counts for anything.

6 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

There was a game some time ago about a soft claim of someone spelling vigilant as vigilante, so I can see people accusing or bringing the idea of a soft claim to the front.

On 6/15/2019 at 5:28 AM, Chromeknight said:

So who do you want to vigilant? Tauriel for putting on a peaked cap, a vest and calling that a costume?  Tyrion for some overzealous voting or Newt for his  gratuitous wand fixing? 

Remember. Vote early, vote often.

Vote: Tyrion (Trekkie99) for having a stupid reason.

So, I was wrong. It wasn't @jimmynick who responded to Bob's mention of detective, it was Chromeknight. And then Chromeknight ended up dead, after voting for Trekkie. So, there's all of that... Perhaps the Scum thought Chromeknight was mentioning detective to connect with Bob, or I don't know, that seems dumb, but it did stand out to me. Here are the posts I'm referring to:

On 6/13/2019 at 5:47 PM, Bob said:

Aw shit, the mafia is here? That's what this means when you say we're "playing mafia" right? I've never played a mafia game before, only werewolf. Well, pack it in everybody. I'm not sure I'm into having a party with some mafiosos about. We should call the police. Or the FBI. Or a detective. No? Well, I guess we'll have to be our own detectives.

Everyone, what did you bring and where did you get it? Did the mafia supply it to you? I want answers. 

On 6/13/2019 at 9:23 PM, Chromeknight said:

Ooh! I love playing detective! Danger Daphne!

I brought my smexy body and ah-maxing brains. And this mega-size bag of Scooby snacks. But Scooby-Doo is more mutt than mafioso. 

I wish I would've looked those up and posted them before accusing @jimmynick :facepalm:

10 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

So, I was wrong. It wasn't @jimmynick who responded to Bob's mention of detective, it was Chromeknight. And then Chromeknight ended up dead, after voting for Trekkie. So, there's all of that... Perhaps the Scum thought Chromeknight was mentioning detective to connect with Bob, or I don't know, that seems dumb, but it did stand out to me. Here are the posts I'm referring to:

I wish I would've looked those up and posted them before accusing @jimmynick :facepalm:

Measure twice, cut once. The detective bit confuses me, and while I understand the game being random, I feel like Daphne, a detective, would be too obvious to be cop, unless I'm misreading your comment.

26 minutes ago, KotZ said:

Measure twice, cut once. The detective bit confuses me, and while I understand the game being random, I feel like Daphne, a detective, would be too obvious to be cop, unless I'm misreading your comment.

I'm only saying maybe the comment got her killed. The mention of detective twice caught my attention.

*huh* ... Now I need to wash my hands.

Ugh, I'd hate to end up like Daphne here, so we better get going with tracking out the mafia.

I unfortunately have no insight to add to the conversation, although I am glad everyone is participating more actively now. 

2 hours ago, KotZ said:
1 hour ago, Hinckley said:

I'm only saying maybe the comment got her killed. The mention of detective twice caught my attention.

Yeah, we should definitely watch our words here. For the Town's sake I really hope Daphne wasn't the cop, but of course that's always a possibility...

2 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Yeah, I wouldn't exactly characterize my response to Bob as "interaction".

It was Trekkie, but no memes - just several emojis.

5 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Yeah, we should definitely watch our words here. For the Town's sake I really hope Daphne wasn't the cop, but of course that's always a possibility...

A little defeatist here, and we're only on Day Two!

2 hours ago, KotZ said:

I would've voted for Tariq for his weird switch, if that counts for anything.

What switch? Tariq J only posted twice yesterday:

On 6/13/2019 at 2:04 PM, Tariq j said:

Twister sounds fun. We could even have a good old game of Overwatch on the PS4.

On 6/15/2019 at 11:06 AM, Tariq j said:

You changed you're mind pretty quick there.

Vote: Egon Spengler (Bob)

After Hinck said my name and meant Chromeknight, do you now say Tariq J and mean Bob? :look:

38 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

After Hinck said my name and meant Chromeknight, do you now say Tariq J and mean Bob? :look:

We don't even have new names to learn... :blush:

49 minutes ago, Sandy said:

*huh* ... Now I need to wash my hands.

Ugh, I'd hate to end up like Daphne here, so we better get going with tracking out the mafia.

I unfortunately have no insight to add to the conversation, although I am glad everyone is participating more actively now. 

A magical post: there are words spoken, but nothing is really said.

5 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

Some reason would be nice as it could help give the town some sort of read on you. I think wanting a day 1 lynch with so little people is odd so I do want to hear an opinion for it. 

And it seems the two no voters are back at it today with already more thoughts then they had yesterday! 

5 hours ago, jimmynick said:

Accuse? Or was it Trekkie fishing for a role? 

The interaction between Trekkie and Bob was a little weird too. Trekkie made a baseless vote for Khscarymovie. For which Bob called him out for doing. Trekkie responded to this with a meme. Which seemed to satisfy Bob who then voted for KotZ. Who Trekkie then went on to vote for. 

4 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Some reason would be nice as it could help give the town some sort of read on you. I think wanting a day 1 lynch with so little people is odd so I do want to hear an opinion for it. 

Again I didn't realize what time it was, and seeing it had been quiet for awhile, I decided to try to get some discussion going. And while I'll admit that the fact that there were ten players escaped me while making that post, I don't think remembering would have changed my opinion then nor does it now. Pretty sure there have been twelve player games where a lack of players didn't warrant no day one lynch. 

Voting with the intent to lynch shows something vs joke votes which show nothing when everyone is doing it. Whether or not you stick with a vote in search of a lynch is up to one's personal choice. As Chromeknight said, "vote early, vote often".

11 hours ago, Hinckley said:

I sincerely hope that Chromeknight was not revealing himself as the detective with that comment just because I made some fluff day one comment about us needing to be detectives. If Chromeknight wanted to connect with me somehow as the detective, wouldn't it have made more sense for him to have done it through PM? We can PM in this game, right? Other people seem to be doing it, so I'd assume so. 

5 hours ago, Tariq j said:

The interaction between Trekkie and Bob was a little weird too. Trekkie made a baseless vote for Khscarymovie. For which Bob called him out for doing. Trekkie responded to this with a meme. Which seemed to satisfy Bob who then voted for KotZ. Who Trekkie then went on to vote for. 

To be completely honest, I'm not sure what people expected on Day One. I picked quite possibly the weirdest reason to vote for someone because I had absolutely nothing else to go on. Why he then followed me on that lynch is beyond me. He claimed that he wanted to "achieve a lynch", yet he voted for someone that had only one vote on them with a stupid reason for it and didn't give any reason for why he felt that it was a good idea.

Yesterday was rather useless. Nothing of consequence happened which isn't good for Day One. With only ten people, perhaps it was a good thing that we didn't lynch anybody. I know in the past I'm a proponent of a Day One lynch, so perhaps that's hypocritical. Daphne voted for Tyrion yesterday, perhaps that's something to look into? 

1 hour ago, Bob said:

and didn't give any reason for why he felt that it was a good idea.

I did state my reasoning for why I voted for KotZ.

Hink Popped in to ask what's up and we haven't heard from him since, while KotZ has been a little more active meaning he's had more opportunities to do something productive such as vote. So in the spirit of being productive, I'll change my vote with the intention of achieving a lynch.

12 hours ago, Hinckley said:

A magical post: there are words spoken, but nothing is really said.

I already admitted that I have nothing much to contribute. I'm not one to deeply analyze any half a word someone utters, since I know they're meaningless until we start getting some night action results.

I do find it interesting that certain people are trying to find a literal reason for the scum to kill Daphne, when all it really takes to get killed is to be a semi-active player.

3 hours ago, Bob said:

Yesterday was rather useless. Nothing of consequence happened which isn't good for Day One. 

I'm not sure what you expected to happen. We've all been in this situation before, there's no rookies blurting out their roles in public or getting into fights with each other.

Of course it would be easy if there were people like that among us, but we didn't come here to have it easy, did we? :wink: