Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

Anyone know if the diver polybag is coming out at the same time as the other underwater sets?

30 minutes ago, bigchungus said:

Anyone know if the diver polybag is coming out at the same time as the other underwater sets?

Says sources. We'll have to wait and see though. 

Ordered the new passenger plane from John Lewis yesterday. Hopefully it'll be here today.

I've heard rumours of a promo image for the new Summer sets showing Duke in a new uniform. What's that about?

3 hours ago, BlueLanturnCorp said:

I've heard rumours of a promo image for the new Summer sets showing Duke in a new uniform. What's that about?

City Advent Calendar seems to have a Duke Detain in a different normal blue torso instead of dark/earth blue.

------

City Magazines here are a bit behind , the mini Bulldozer comes out June 11 here, and then there's the Race Car after that.

And after that it seems to be a Diver (standard green/black torso, white helm/airtank , black fins and a different head compared to the 2019 version) + Normal Shark, didn't expect a fairly large animal like a Shark via a magazine.

Edited by TeriXeri

Just bought this yesterday, so happy with the new hammerhead shark.  Great to get one is a small set.  By the way, anyone else got a Legoland coupon with this set too?

12 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:

Just bought this yesterday, so happy with the new hammerhead shark.  Great to get one is a small set.  

Thats actually pretty cool for a 4+ set. I might actually buy that one or the big one. As for the other sets, I don't need the base set. The ship would actually be too big for my town (I did the measurements) and quite honestly, it would be a great expense. So for me, it's a toss up between that submarine or the big one. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

On 6/1/2020 at 12:55 PM, toopizza13 said:

elite police sets got leaked, dont know if that is all of them tho

I'd hope so. Two is enough. Just like they did with this years fire sets. 

Lego City 2021 - Rumors and Discussion page anyone? 

Wait a minute. Let me look at those damn leaks again...

Looks at the helicopter...

No pull cords.... 

NO PULL CORDS!!!!! YES!!!!!!! PARTY!!!!!!!! We're back to small buildable helicopters baby!  :laugh:

Edited by Brandon Pea

I actually like that helicopter / lighthouse design.

If it's cheap enough, the Lighthouse could fit right next to the 2019 Fire Station + Dockside set in terms of scale.

Edited by TeriXeri

i think there is 3 sets that have not been leaked,

1: 60271 - town D2C rumored to have a yellow tram

60272 - a possible elite police set

60269 - ??? maybe a donut shop type set?

i have a feeling those sets are going to get leaked. it looks like all these sets that have been leaked are from a magazine, so i hope the big town set, 60271, and 60272 gets leaked. fingers crossed, im very eager to see 60271

7 minutes ago, toopizza13 said:

i think there is 3 sets that have not been leaked,

Yeah! I was kinda hoping for a grocery store set. Or a post office. 

Does anyone have some insight on how to find these leaks? I checked the instagram hashtag but nothing there

6 minutes ago, x57bob said:

Does anyone have some insight on how to find these leaks? I checked the instagram hashtag but nothing there

Hullo Bob! Been a while since we spoke. Its easy! 

Step 1: Go to the search bar

Step 2: Type in "#legoleaks" 

Step 3: Switch from "Top" to "Recent" and scroll until you see the pictures. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

14 hours ago, BlueLanturnCorp said:

I wonder if the Air Show set from the summer wave is due in July for the uk? No uk sites have it but have all ninjago and city

I don't think it's available anywhere. Maybe the pullcord copters suffered a manufacturing setback, due to the pandemic. 

1 hour ago, Brandon Pea said:

Hullo Bob! Been a while since we spoke. Its easy! 

Step 1: Go to the search bar

Step 2: Type in "#legoleaks" 

Step 3: Switch from "Top" to "Recent" and scroll until you see the pictures. 

Hello! Haven’t been posting for awhile just lurking....

Thanks for your help, I found them now. I really like the colors of the police cars for this wave, it looks a little more realistic than bright blue. The lighthouse + helicopter looks really good, probably going to buy that, but the other one with the big drill is meh. It looks like the criminal stole it from a mine set and painted it red. That would actually be a cool little story if the criminals stole vehicles from other themes and spray painted them a different color, with some of the original showing through

37 minutes ago, x57bob said:

but the other one with the big drill is meh. It looks like the criminal stole it from a mine set and painted it red. That would actually be a cool little story if the criminals stole vehicles from other themes and spray painted them a different color, with some of the original showing through

At least it would make sense if there was something to use the drill on, as City isn't a combat theme there's no monsters to fight like Ninjago/Nexo Knights had Driller vehicles before.

Of course there has been the 2018 mining theme but that retired, and each set had it's own breakable terrain.

The 2020 City Bank building already comes with a monster truck to destroy the wall with the Magnet feature.

Maybe they'd think kids can break the 2020 Police Station Prison, as it has the action feature. 

I do think that darkblue car looks nice but if there's no other set to use a Driller vehicle on it's just another chase, with a bit of a weird vehicle choice.

I assume the Drill spins around when the wheels move, so at least it looks nice in action.

I liked that spinning drill feature on this , which uses a smaller drill piece, I think it made sense for that theme as it was fighting Stone monsters.

tn_70352_alt8_jpg.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

36 minutes ago, x57bob said:

Hello! Haven’t been posting for awhile just lurking....

Thanks for your help, I found them now. I really like the colors of the police cars for this wave, it looks a little more realistic than bright blue. The lighthouse + helicopter looks really good, probably going to buy that, but the other one with the big drill is meh. It looks like the criminal stole it from a mine set and painted it red. That would actually be a cool little story if the criminals stole vehicles from other themes and spray painted them a different color, with some of the original showing through

I think those might be 2021 sets though. So we'll have to wait a few months. But I want that police car for my station though. 

There were 2 4+ sets with vaults before in 2018 and 2020 , so it surprises there's no vault build in that City set unless there's another set.

10760-1.jpg?201805091109

76149-1.jpg?201912110132

8 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

I think those might be 2021 sets though. So we'll have to wait a few months. But I want that police car for my station though. 

I think 2021 as well, those SWAT type Police with goggles , seem distinct enough to be their own sub-theme.

Sky Police wasn't a huge wave of sets either.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

There were 2 4+ sets with I think 2021 as well, those SWAT type Police with goggles , seem distinct enough to be their own sub-theme.

Sky Police wasn't a huge wave of sets either.

These outweigh Sky Police. At least is a police wave based in the City like the name and description of the theme says. I don't mind vehicles. But I don't think there should be a headquarters for 2021 since they seem to be based within the city limits. Then they can take caught crooks to the City Police Station. Heck! The 2013 police wave survived without a headquarters. The 2021 police wave can too. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

19 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

These outweigh Sky Police. At least is a police wave based in the City like the name and description of the theme says. I don't mind vehicles. But I don't think there should be a headquarters for 2021 since they seem to be based within the city limits. Then they can take caught crooks to the City Police Station. Heck! The 2013 police wave survived without a headquarters. The 2021 police wave can too. 

I'd rather see a crooks base instead of another Police Station, they haven't made one since 2018 and that was a small one.

With all those named criminals you'd expect them to have some hideout in the LCA.

Sets like this , but focused on the building

Helicopter Arrest : 2013

tn_60009_alt5_jpg.jpg

Crooks Hideout : 2015

tn_60068_alt6_jpg.jpg

Crooks Island : 2016

tn_60131_alt3_jpg.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

Given that the show is leading a lot of new Police sets, I wouldn't mind a set that contains the Acting School.

Given the plot it's in too...

13 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

@TeriXeri Now those I would pay for. I need one in my town. I need a place for reformed criminals. 

Those pics I listed were part of sets, I just listed the pictures without extra vehicles.

But a larger Hideout set could work, also doesn't seem to hard to MOC as the color schemes seem pretty universal, mostly grey and brown as main colors, and then some combination of wood or rocks.

Maybe I should post this in the City sets ideas thread instead.

If anything, those little structures give me some MOC ideas.

Edited by TeriXeri

Yet another City Magazine gift appeared on Brickset, that makes 4 on Brickset that haven't come out yet (In my country), + a 5th being a Diver+Shark.

First time they include a named LCA Character, including his belt and printed legs. I do like the way they build that Tamper (the device to flatten sand)

952018-1.jpg?202006020404

Edited by TeriXeri