Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

Recommended Posts

Airport People Pack could certainly work , with figures such as : 

  • Airline Pilot / Captain
  • Stewardess
  • Check-in staff with small desk
  • Cargo handler
  • Mechanic
  • Passengers
  • Security Guard
  • Small Food stall
  • Air Traffic Controller with small radar (2x2 printed slope) build

 

 

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

Airport People Pack could certainly work , with figures such as : 

  • Airline Pilot / Captain
  • Stewardess
  • Check-in staff with small desk
  • Cargo handler
  • Mechanic
  • Passengers
  • Security Guard
  • Small Food stall
  • Air Traffic Controller with small radar (2x2 printed slope) build

That sounds like it would make a great people pack. The MDP sets HAVE to be people packs. I hope one of them is a people pack for the police. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Review on the 60246 Police Station

So I was able to obtain the 60246 Police Station. Since I have it, I see fit to judge.

I can say for a fact that this police station is not like any other police station we have received from City. But man, was this police station really interesting.

Though to be frank, I never thought I'd see a set that would portray a cop and a criminal bonding. Like, they're actually playing table tennis together. Weird huh?

The drone was another part that I actually liked. I do kinda miss the helicopter coming with certain buildings. But I assume that the designers of City sets wanted to broaden options a little by making the helicopter a separate set in 60243 (I might pick that one up too). Honestly, I think it's better that way.

I adore what they did with the prison. Trust me, the top floor actually falls apart with the flick of a switch. I love flicking that switch just to annoy.

My favorite parts are the vehicles. Thanks to the bulldog on the roof, I have officially called the crooks in my town, The Bulldog Gang. The pickup that we received was a pretty decent sized pickup. The police van was also pretty neat too. Finally, the vehicle that comes with the main headquarters is a police van that can actually fit a criminal, while they sell cruisers separately. I also love the motorcycle holder, which I assume is a little shop along with Chief Wheeler's skateboard in the back. 

Over, I have changed my mind on the police station for this year. In my blunt honest triggering opinion, this may be the best headquarters we have gotten since 2014. No offense to the one from 2017, but I'm just not a fan. 

Even though this year's police wave gets an A by 95% (a point lost for the pull cord helicopter that can't even fly), I would like it if Lego not do new City police station next year and just continue to manufacture this one. But you know what happens to people on Eurobricks who hope for certain things. 

10/10

Edited by Brandon Pea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

Even though this year's police wave gets an A by 95% (a point lost for the pull cord helicopter that can't even fly), I would like it if Lego not do new City police station next year and just continue to manufacture this one. But you know what happens to people on Eurobricks who hope for certain things. 

I still hope for a Dockside/Harbour Police station, maybe a very small wave like the 2016 Prison Island theme, that's been the only subtheme lacking right now for Police on shelves right now, some boat/dock.

Designed more like the 2019 Fire station.

Even if it's not strict police but like a Pilot boat it'd be ok :thumbup:

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TeriXeri Prison Island technically was NOT a police wave. From my perspective, it was more focused on the prison system than actual police on patrol. I actually liked that one. I have the prison set from that subtheme. 

In my town, there is only one way to get there. 

SHIP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I actually have that set, it was much better than I thought it would be and was going pass on it. Ended up picking it up on a 60% off clearance sale at Target though. I may have to gather the pieces back together and rebuild it. Totally forgot I had it, thanks for mentioning it. 

Definitely will, if we do end up getting some dock sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brandon Pea said:

@TeriXeri Prison Island technically was NOT a police wave. From my perspective, it was more focused on the prison system than actual police on patrol. I actually liked that one. I have the prison set from that subtheme. 

I know it wasn't the standard Police wave at all, not even compared to subthemes like Forest/Swamp/Mountain, the Prison was a lot larger, that's why I suggest something similar to come back, with focus on prison and water-side.

Not for 2020 but in 2021 it'd be 5 years since any larger waterside Police set. (2018 had 1 small river boat but that's all since 2016)

I'd think 5 year is reasonable to ask for another Prison set :shrug_confused:

Right now the 2016 Prison Island is offered for €170-200 (New/Sealed, before shipping cost), so it must still be in demand.

That said, Hidden Side also has a Prison set so maybe that could still be useful before 2021.

 

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TeriXeri According to the official website, Forest, Elite, Swamp, Mountain and Sky are all under Police. They're actually not separate. So I don't make a big deal of those anymore. 

I personally do hope that instead of the usual catch the crooks that are stealing the gold plot, they should bring Prison Island back. For 2021, I would be all for that. Maybe that's something you could put on the reboot page. 

13 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

Yeah I actually have that set, it was much better than I thought it would be and was going pass on it. Ended up picking it up on a 60% off clearance sale at Target though. I may have to gather the pieces back together and rebuild it. Totally forgot I had it, thanks for mentioning it. 

Definitely will, if we do end up getting some dock sets.

I still have mine put together. Unfortunately, I cannot share pictures as the software on this forum is so awful that's it's hard to put pictures up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

Unfortunately, I cannot share pictures as the software on this forum is so awful that's it's hard to put pictures up. 

Take pictures, upload to imgur, post link to album. You don't have to care about embedding them here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I built the new street sweeper the other day. What a cool little city vehicle, the moving parts work just as a real one. Surprising bonus to me: no stickers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, HereWeGoAgain said:

I built the new street sweeper the other day. What a cool little city vehicle, the moving parts work just as a real one. Surprising bonus to me: no stickers!

Every $10 City set this year has printed pieces instead of stickers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally found a decent discount on the new police station and added it to my collection :)

I do wonder why super-cop Duke Detain would be playing ping-pong with a master criminal like Daisy Kaboom though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, jonwil said:

I do wonder why super-cop Duke Detain would be playing ping-pong with a master criminal like Daisy Kaboom though.

To catch criminals you need to think like a criminal :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just built the 2020 City Race Cars set , certainly love how the overall size is almost the same as the 2019 Ferrari F40 Speed Champions (which I bought for City use).

As for the premade chassis piece, I think it's great, those plate-thick chassis aren't bad, LEGO has been using them since the 80s with Town, I don't think they are too simplified at all compared to the ones you see in 4+ sets.

Of course still would like to see the occasional 4-wide cars but this 6-wide format isn't bad for City.

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the entire Turbo wheels collection, all the $10 great vehicles, ice cream truck, the police station and the forest fire set. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jonwil said:

I do wonder why super-cop Duke Detain would be playing ping-pong with a master criminal like Daisy Kaboom though.

They're secretly in love. :wink:

10 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Just built the 2020 City Race Cars set , certainly love how the overall size is almost the same as the 2019 Ferrari F40 Speed Champions (which I bought for City use).

As for the premade chassis piece, I think it's great, those plate-thick chassis aren't bad, LEGO has been using them since the 80s with Town, I don't think they are too simplified at all compared to the ones you see in 4+ sets.

Of course still would like to see the occasional 4-wide cars but this 6-wide format isn't bad for City.

City has always been known for their detailed vehicles. No wonder little boys love them and they sell so well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far 60269, 60271 and 60272 are missing from Brickipedia. 60273 and 60274 remain unnamed. If all those are town sets, 2020 will be the best wave we have ever gotten. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one who thinks that the CMF Sea Captain's hat (in the right color/print) would be perfect for an airline pilot's hat?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, jonwil said:

Am I the only one who thinks that the CMF Sea Captain's hat (in the right color/print) would be perfect for an airline pilot's hat?

 

Well....that is what the two pilots in Lego City Adventures wore in the Sky Police episode. So it'd make sense. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very happy with LEGO customer support. The flashing light and siren piece in the police station I bought the other day didn't work properly, contacted customer service and they are sending me a new one no questions asked.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Very happy with LEGO customer support. The flashing light and siren piece in the police station I bought the other day didn't work properly, contacted customer service and they are sending me a new one no questions asked.

 

That's great man! I used to dislike it. But then I got some 2019 fire wave sets and had a change of heart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

C'mon Lego! Do a vehicle only year for 2021!!!! Vehicles are what help your City theme thrive and they're what you guys are the best at. I'll even give you some ideas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

C'mon Lego! Do a vehicle only year for 2021!!!! Vehicles are what help your City theme thrive and they're what you guys are the best at. I'll even give you some ideas. 

Overall City does make better cars and trucks for sure, in the 4-6 wide segment, so I do hope 2021 is a more house-heavy Creator 3-in-1 year.

Some 3-in-1 vehicles are weirdly overpriced (€25 - 198 pieces) , especially next to this (€10 - 134 pieces) , the red set even looks nicer for minifigs with the cabrio and hotrod.

31103_alt1.jpg31100_alt1.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Overall City does make better cars and trucks for sure, in the 4-6 wide segment, so I do hope 2021 is a more house-heavy Creator 3-in-1 year.

 

Yeah! Tbh, they're pretty much known for detailed vehicles as Creator is with its buildings. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member