Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

Recommended Posts

There is a rumor going around that the last Arctic line was supposed to get another set (that was never released). Said rumor also suggested that the set was going to include some sort of whale.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First opinion on the Xtra 40375: Sports Accessories (not city but still revelant in City)

I like the bow/target, simple and could fit into Castle theme as well, no quiver but that's not a big deal.

Get 2 (or an even number)

Since parts like the ice skate, roller skate, ski stick come as spares, you'd end up with 3 sets of equipment instead of 1.5 if planning to equip them on figures that is.

Also by far the smallest set with black ice skates (other being Corner Garage and Kylo Ren Shuttle in the same quantity)

Didn't get the new 2020 Botanical Accessories version yet , but it looks very good parts pack for sure.

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jonwil said:

There is a rumor going around that the last Arctic line was supposed to get another set (that was never released). Said rumor also suggested that the set was going to include some sort of whale.

I would've liked to have seen pictures. But then again, I do understand that Lego may not want to upset its City fans. 

They already did that with the first version of My City. Some guy fof the company once told me that some of the buildings you could put in your city in the first game were actually cancelled buildings. I could believe that in a way considering that Lego wouldn't just put buildings in a game without make toy versions unless they had to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jonwil said:

There is a rumor going around that the last Arctic line was supposed to get another set (that was never released). Said rumor also suggested that the set was going to include some sort of whale.

 

Sounds interesting, I’d have brought it…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2020 at 10:49 AM, TeriXeri said:

Yes, it's a €250+ model , but that still could bring Soccer/Sports related minifig sets somewhere else, like City, 2020 is also a year of Tokyo Summer Olympics.

153px-2020_Summer_Olympics_logo_new.svg.

If they can do jungle, volcano, deep sea, space, sports doesn't sound too weird, especially with their own Sports brand in recent sets (2018 mountain biker, 2019 Ski Resort, 2020 racecar), and the figures in on the sticker also having red/white shirt.

Not saying all sets have to be soccer either, the Fair people pack/sticker was only 1 set as well.

 

The Olympics are the opening act. It's the Paralympics that really interest me. But, TLG did introduce a minifig wheelchair for the 2016 Paralympics, in 'Fun in the Park.' Over the following two years, it appeared in one set each year, all of which I have. However, it did not reappear in 2019, or in any of the new City wave. I would like to see more of it, and not just at hospitals!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2020 at 7:22 AM, Asajki said:

Sounds interesting, I’d have brought it…

We would've brought it. But the KFOLs wouldn't have liked it apparently. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leaks spotted minifigure pack that may be related to City or to a more extent City fun fair:

4 minifigs: 1 dad, 1 daughter, 2 Employees

Accessories: 2 Popsicle sticks, 2 light blue teddy bears, 3 soda cans, some kind of a old style horn speaker and a stud shooter

Building: A stand to shoot three soda cans

Edited by AMD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

@AMD Didn't they already do something like that? 

 

 

Yes they have, as you know. So what? They have made more than one police car, fire truck and train station over the years too. That don`t mean they can`t to it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Chilis said:

Yes they have, as you know. So what? They have made more than one police car, fire truck and train station over the years too. That don`t mean they can`t to it again.

No need to sound hostile. I mean...it just came out in 2018. I'm with you there on the police cars and fire trucks. But Besides the little platform that usually comes with the passenger trains, I haven't seen a train station in ages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

@AMD Didn't they already do something like that? 

"snip"

Well, think of the minifig pack as an expansion for fun fair.

Edited by AMD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, AMD said:

Well, think of the minifig pack as an expansion for fun fair.

I'll do that. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2020 at 8:49 PM, Brandon Pea said:

No need to sound hostile. I mean...it just came out in 2018. I'm with you there on the police cars and fire trucks. But Besides the little platform that usually comes with the passenger trains, I haven't seen a train station in ages. 

Yeah, sorry, I didn`t meant to be. This blister pack is a great way to get some festive figs and parts for a lower price than the people pack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chilis said:

Yeah, sorry, I didn`t meant to be. This blister pack is a great way to get some festive figs and parts for a lower price than the people pack.

I do have to agree. I'll take it as many people packs as possible. So far, I have every people pack that has ever been released to Lego City, even the space one. My city needs people to live on it after all. I'm making a present day version of Lego Island - though I think Lego City is just that. Sorry, but I'm holding onto my theory on that. :snicker:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love people packs and have also bought all of them (including the space one) because they tend to be a great source of figs, accessories and neat parts and will continue to do so no matter what they bring out in terms of City people packs, even something like a Police people pack would be interesting to me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up a couple of City sets yesterday, including the Police Box set and the £12 Figure pack.

Saw Freya's Helicopter sets on display, and gotta say that it feels worse value in person. I know the Heli is one part and the play value there, but it just feels.. lacking, I guess? Freya's new hair/helmet is nice, though it appears in a much cheaper figure if you don't care for it being in different colors.

Given that sets that retail for the same price (£18) include 60267 with 168 parts, 60242 with 185 parts, 60253 with 200 parts and 60256 with 190... It feels much worse value when it's barely hitting 95 parts. At the bare minimum, you get another 73 peices, and that set contains a lioness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlueLanturnCorp said:

Picked up a couple of City sets yesterday, including the Police Box set and the £12 Figure pack.

I'm picking up 60246. I think there is some room for that one in my town. Though I may still pick up that brick box and use that building as a small precinct where rookies are sent to begin their law enforcement careers. 

1 hour ago, BlueLanturnCorp said:

Saw Freya's Helicopter sets on display, and gotta say that it feels worse value in person. I know the Heli is one part and the play value there, but it just feels.. lacking, I guess? Freya's new hair/helmet is nice, though it appears in a much cheaper figure if you don't care for it being in different colors.

Yeah! That one was kind of a let down for me as I did expect something similar to 60108 - only with a squeezing water canon like the one in 60214 and 60216. If not the one from 60108, perhaps something similar to the small helicopter in 60216. But I didn't expect for Lego to merge the Ninjago universe with City. City helicopters are supposed to be built, like the one in 60243. 

1 hour ago, BlueLanturnCorp said:

Given that sets that retail for the same price (£18) include 60267 with 168 parts, 60242 with 185 parts, 60253 with 200 parts and 60256 with 190... It feels much worse value when it's barely hitting 95 parts. At the bare minimum, you get another 73 peices, and that set contains a lioness.

City is overpriced in my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2020 at 9:05 AM, AMD said:

Leaks spotted minifigure pack that may be related to City or to a more extent City fun fair:

4 minifigs: 1 dad, 1 daughter, 2 Employees

Accessories: 2 Popsicle sticks, 2 light blue teddy bears, 3 soda cans, some kind of a old style horn speaker and a stud shooter

Building: A stand to shoot three soda cans

where did you find that? I would like to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The In/Out sets should be transport related sets. May not happen, but we can dream. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did see some sets like the Mail Plane, Police Box, Safari Jeep in the LEGO Amsterdam store, but so far they aren't sold in other retailers it seems (other 2020 City sets are already available at ~15-20% off online)

Police Box is nice but still think €45 is too much when other sets could potentially reach 35-40% off, sometimes even a bit more for Police Station.

 

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2020 at 3:10 PM, Chilis said:

Yeah, sorry, I didn`t meant to be. This blister pack is a great way to get some festive figs and parts for a lower price than the people pack.

In the USA you can easily find the People Packs for $28-30 and you get 14 minifigures. 
You can never find these bubble 4 people packs for less than $13. So really, you are better off waiting.

I don't buy the people packs, besides space, because all the torsos normally come out in other sets I rather get the following year or just buy on Bricks and Pieces. Only thing I'd really like is the bald eagle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2020 at 3:43 PM, jonwil said:

.........even something like a Police people pack would be interesting to me.

I actually recommended one of those once. I called it the Cops and Crooks People Pack

Includes:

  • Duke DeTain
  • Wheeler
  • Tom Bennett
  • Sam Grizzler
  • Rooky Partnur 
  • Daisy Kaboom
  • Big Betty
  • Frankie Lupelli 
  • Vito 
  • Snake Rattler 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Summer set names just hit instagram (from promobricks) half airport half water marine research. Was really hoping for a dock cargo, but at least we get a boat.

Edited by SWC0llect0r
update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.