Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

11 hours ago, Chilis said:

#60271 Town D2C

What could this be?! A new Town Plan? :wub_drool:

We can also expect a new Service Station #60257 and a Ice Cream Truck #60253! :wub:

BTW, I've already started a topic for the City theme next year. :wink:

@toopizza13 All sets haven't been revealed yet. So there may be a camper. 

All police sets haven't been revealed yet either. One I want to see for classic police is a "Convience Store Heist" set similar to the burger bar from the fire wave. 

@pooda I would love to see a convience store heist. it could come with a criminal atv(red) and a small convience store a a police car with a cop, store worker, and criminal. also a ATM

@toopizza13 The convience store could be based off of something like 7Eleven or Sheetz or something and it could be the same size as the donut shop. 

Also the robber could have a gun. 

Edited by pooda

@Chilis I also believe this set could be similar to set 60200 or 60097(the largest city sets). I would love to see forest police and a large camping set with multiple tents in future years.

Also 60267 Safari Off-Roader could be similar to Desert Rally Racer 60218 as a $10 great vehicles set.

They should bring the cargo and airport subthemes back for summer 2020. Those were great sellers and actually had something to do with city life unlike those explorers and special police subthemes. 

@toopizza13 You mean 2016's passenger terminal? That one was great. I loved its look. They should do something similar with the cargo terminal. How about a limo and a taxi instead of a car? 

its painful when someone you know works at lego and knows what all the 2020 city sets look like but they cant tell you.

On 8/25/2019 at 7:06 PM, toopizza13 said:

@Chilis I also believe this set could be similar to set 60200 or 60097(the largest city sets). I would love to see forest police and a large camping set with multiple tents in future years.

Yes please!! We’ve received too decent tents so far. One in the friends line last year and one in the city line also last year I believe. It would be awesome to see a big campsite set!

Edited by J4ck

yes. she works at the LEGO american HQ. she's known what they look like for months but she cant tell me or she'll get fired.

Just now, toopizza13 said:

yes. she works at the LEGO american HQ. she's known what they look like for months but she cant tell me or she'll get fired.

Then maybe she can tell us if police is sincerely the thing with City or is it just easier to put out. 

• There is only one Great Vehicles set listed so far of which we haven't got the name yet (60250). But according to its parts number it can only be a very small vehicle or a Juniors set. So, @toopizza13, I guess that either TLG abandoned the rule of a camping vehicle every two years or 1. the remaining set is a camper as a Juniors set or 2. the 60267 Safari Offroader is a camper or at least includes some camping stuff or a tent or 3. there will be a bigger set later the year including a camper (e. g. a camping site - one can only dream).
  • Could it be that 60255 Stunt Team, 60256 Racing Cars, 60257 Service Station and 60258 Tuning Workshop aren't part of a City Racing theme, but belong to that Lego City TV show? This would explain 60257 which doesn't really fit in the rest of the lineup, meaning in a racing theme. And it would offer the opportunity that in 60257 and / or 60258 we could get more buildings and stuff than only that what you think about when reading the set name (in comparison: The 60233 Donut Shop Opening included a toy store and many vehicles which you don't think about when reading the set name "Donut Shop Opening".)
  • It's great to read that there'll be a D2C set (60271). But I wouldn't get too hyped already now - we don't know yet how big it'll be. And maybe TLG only titels the exckusive City set(s) in summer (like the 60200 Capitol in 2018) in the future as D2C set(s) - so who knows. But if it was a real D2C, @Chilis, at the moment I can only imagine three options what this set could be: 1. some sort of an elaborated city center (similar to 10184 Town Plan) or 2. a ski lift with Powered Up stuff to go with the 60203 Ski Resort or 3. something train related such as an elevated train or a train maintenance center or a big train station. But of course it can be everything ...