Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, AMD said:

It may not look like them, it may not be even the same car but they sure love to race. I don't know why but I'm looking back and forth between the two of them and I feel their same energy. Maybe its their offspring or something. :innocent2:

I get vibes for this set from it : 1665-1.jpg

But maybe that's the red vs yellow colorscheme and I have that set built in my old collection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pooda said:

@TeriXeri @AMD I swear the male racer is Rhoda Hogs son. The female really looks like she could be Studs Linkin's daughter. 

I don't know but to me, its the other way around. Sure both of them are cocky but at least from Rhoda Hogg, she respect's the player if he/she is in 1st place. Just look at their faces from the picture below.

Image result for lego 60256

Edited by AMD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just said that because of the colors they were wearing. You know how Rhoda wears blue and Studs wears red. 

But it could be the other way around though. Maybe Studs and Rhoda eventually got married and these two are actually siblings. 

Though tbh, they could've put a more competitive face on the female driver. 

Edited by pooda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, pooda said:

I just said that because of the colors they were wearing. You know how Rhoda wears blue and Studs wears red. 

But it could be the other way around though. Maybe Studs and Rhoda eventually got married and these two are actually siblings. 

Though tbh, they could've put a more competitive face on the female driver. 

omg i love how shes just sitting there with a blank smile. weirdly funny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, toopizza13 said:

omg i love how shes just sitting there with a blank smile. weirdly funny

Sorry. But I'm gonna have to change that face. Otherwise, other racers won't take her seriously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brickset just updated their pics for City 2020(except polybags). Now you can clearly see every detail of the sets. The more I look up close, the more I like it. especially the Ice cream truck. Day one purchase for me :thumbup:

Edited by AMD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Other than police/criminals are there any new torsos in the 2020 City wave?

I'm pretty certain the female character's torso in 60267 is new. :wink:

60267-1.jpg?201912050921

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Other than police/criminals are there any new torsos in the 2020 City wave?

Octan E torso certainly is new in the racecar set, and likely the green/purple torso in the monster-truck set.

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TeriXeri said:

Octan E torso certainly is new in the racecar set, and likely the green/purple torso in the monster-truck set.

Also, 60258 Tuning Workshop has two new Earth Green torso designs of its own (seen on the left)...

60258-1.jpg?201912050921

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all very much for the info! :classic:

I'll comment on the Great Vehicles and the Racing theme later, but at the moment I only wanted to share my following discovery:

I looked at the detailed pics and noticed that the TV screen inside the gas station shows two soccer players and a goal. Since nearly all TV screen stickers of the past years showed things related to actual Lego sets, this made me thinking about following: Lego did conclude the license with Manchester United. Til now I thought this means that we'll get a licensed soccer theme on its own in summer 2020. Now I think different: Could it be that the 2020 summer City line will include a soccer subtheme "inspired by Manchester United" (on the lines of the 2019 space theme "inspired by NASA")? What do you mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now to the Great Vehicles:

All in all I have to say that TLG keeps the high standard of this City subtheme - which I really appreciate:

The Monster Truck looks very simple and boring. :thumbdown:

The Racing Boat Transport is more or less the same like the version of 2011 - the towing vehicle looks a bit better, but the boat itself much worse -, so really boring. And a lost opportunity to give us a much more attractive and even since long or even never seen before boat like a push boat, a small harbor tour boat, a sailing yacht etc. :wacko:

The Ice-Cream Truck looks great from the exterior and I highly welcome a new foodtruck. Unluckily the interior is absolutely weird with having several tiles in which the ice-cream pieces can be clipped - a huge let-down. Instead I would have liked to see one big counter in which all ice-cream pieces are - like it is in real life. :sceptic:

The Postal Plane is a very nice set - simple, but functional and nice looking. :thumbup:

The Street Sweeper looks so cute! :wub:

The Safari Truck is simply aweseome and imo the best set of this series! The colors and desgin are perfect and that the lion woman comes with it is great, too. :wub:

I don't comment on the bulldozer set since it's a Juniors and not a City set.

Now to the Racing sets:

The Stunt Team is a simple but nice set. :thumbup:

On the one hand I agree with those who say that the Gas Station is too small. On the other hand its price is much lower than the one of the past one. Plus in principle everything needed is included and looks very well desigend. Plus there are two completely new cars: the SUV and the minibus which both look excellent. So all in all I'm very content with this set. :thumbup:

The Racing Cars look very well designed! Plus I like the fact that one is an electric car (although you can argue that racing polutes our climate massively - so it's no matter whether you use an e-motor or a regular motor). :thumbup:

The best set of this series and imo of the whole 1HY City wave at all is of course the Tuning Workshop which overbids my exceptions by far! There are so many different and amazing looking vehicles included, the caravan (altough its interior is regrettably a let-down because a table and a second chair are missing), the dog's hut and all that acessory make it looking absolutely realistic. Not to speak about the building itself with is imo a masterpiece: awesome and absolutely realisitc exterior as well as a very detailed interior (although it's bad that because of th 2x4 tiles in front of the working space you can't fix a minifigure there). :wub::wub::wub:

I really hope that the summer sets will have the same standard like the Racing sets!

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I'm a bit tired of reading oh the gas station is too small.......here in Oz we have Woolworths Caltex filling stations which are just bigger enough to have two staff and five customers in total in so yeah not all gas stations are like huge truck stops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lightningtiger said:

Okay, I'm a bit tired of reading oh the gas station is too small.......here in Oz we have Woolworths Caltex filling stations which are just bigger enough to have two staff and five customers in total in so yeah not all gas stations are like huge truck stops.

Then there are those gas stations where it's just pumps and that small building that only the snack bar person has access to. No customers can go inside and you can only buy snacks from a push out drawer. In my opinion, that's what I was hoping City would go for. But I don't mind the one we're getting. 

I'm assuming people are saying what they are saying simply because of past gas stations having a bigger building. That's probably why. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
7 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Tuning Workshop ... (although it's bad that because of the 2x4 tiles in front of the working space you can't fix a Minifigure there). :wub::wub::wub:

 

You can simply remove those tiles or replace them partially with 2x2 tiles with a jumper...Overall I like this set too, it's really\ something differešnt and exceeds the regular lacklustre design of most of the city sets. Only "but" is aimed at the cars. I really dont understand why TLG didn't make cars for two figures... They already know how :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know they have the larger wrench / crowbar / shovel / welding device in the set, but I'm wondering why they have no basic set of those smaller tools in the tuning workshop, it's a small nitpick but that set would be perfect for it:

11402.png

 

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2019 at 5:08 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

I'm pretty certain the female character's torso in 60267 is new. :wink:

Pretty clear from that pic that the stripes are stickers. But they're on tile pieces, which makes the stickers even more inexcusable. Those could have easily been the existing zebra-striped printed tile pieces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Thank you all very much for the info! :classic:

I'll comment on the Great Vehicles and the Racing theme later, but at the moment I only wanted to share my following discovery:

I looked at the detailed pics and noticed that the TV screen inside the gas station shows two soccer players and a goal. Since nearly all TV screen stickers of the past years showed things related to actual Lego sets, this made me thinking about following: Lego did conclude the license with Manchester United. Til now I thought this means that we'll get a licensed soccer theme on its own in summer 2020. Now I think different: Could it be that the 2020 summer City line will include a soccer subtheme "inspired by Manchester United" (on the lines of the 2019 space theme "inspired by NASA")? What do you mean?

how would they do lego city soccer sets. not much there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The existing zebra print tiles wouldn't fit for the Safari truck (which is using different elements)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, toopizza13 said:

how would they do lego city soccer sets. not much there.

They'll probably base them off of the Manchester soccer league similar to how they based the space sets off of NASA. If the soccer theme does come back under City, that would make my day. Or just the sports theme in general. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I know they have the larger wrench / crowbar / shovel / welding device in the set, but I'm wondering why they have no basic set of those smaller tools in the tuning workshop, it's a small nitpick but that set would be perfect for it:

11402.png

 

Interesting. When the set of smaller tools appeared in the mid 90s, I thought it would replace the old, large spanner. In fact, the 70s design spanner seems to be more common today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bornin1980something said:

Interesting. When the set of smaller tools appeared in the mid 90s, I thought it would replace the old, large spanner. In fact, the 70s design spanner seems to be more common today. 

Because it's cheap that's why LOL actually the shape of the old spanner/screwdriver plus the hammer design look similar to old railway maintenance tools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2019 at 12:18 AM, Klaus-Dieter said:

I really hope that the summer sets will have the same standard like the Racing sets!

If that is so, we may be in for a whole new version of Lego City that we've never seen before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now