Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

7 minutes ago, AMD said:

Honestly. I would rather have it like this than adding more bricks because in my country, there are service stations that are normal size but some are as small as this set. 

I think Lego bases City sets off of what they see in Denmark, which btw, is a country where the police force is the most popular job market. 

1 hour ago, pooda said:

I think Lego bases City sets off of what they see in Denmark, which btw, is a country where the police force is the most popular job market. 

No, they don't. Unless the Denmark I visited was not the real Denmark.

11 minutes ago, *thomas* said:

No, they don't. Unless the Denmark I visited was not the real Denmark.

Firetruck_Helsing%C3%B8r_-_front_right.j

This bares a striking resemblance to most of the fire trucks that Lego has released for City. Especially the one from the Burger Bar Fire Rescue. Except for the squeezing water cannon.

80295203-copenhagen-denmark-13-june-2017

You can clearly tell that the 4432 Garbage Truck was influenced by one of these.

unsharp_bus_thumb_0.jpg?HJToELwauWdjnlPg60

60154 anyone? 

iStock_000076297225_Medium-630x390-630x3

So far...every ship I have seen built through City has looked a lot like this. 

I'd use more examples, but then I'd be here until January. 

Edited by pooda

13 minutes ago, *thomas* said:

So you just showed me 4 pictures that have to prove that they base their sets solely on what they see in denmark...

Let me correct a mistake I made. I meant the continent of Europe as a whole. Since Lego is a European country, most of the vehicles you'd see in City look European. The buildings could count too. 

Edited by pooda

If you would've made that statement 15 years ago, I would've agreed. But there are more and more sets that got their inspiration from the US / Canada.

6 hours ago, Anak said:

It looks like the set uses already existing pieces on the sides, they formerly appeared in the 70906: Joker Notorious Lowrider set. Not sure about the pieces that shaping the bonnet, maybe those are a mixture of stickered and printed parts.

Are you telling me I'm wrong? Because that's the best possible answer I could have hoped for. :classic:

However comparing pics, the 60267 side stripes have a different pattern than the existing tiles. Plus the 60267 side stripes appear to be 2x3 stud patterns. So I'm not hopeful.  

12 minutes ago, pooda said:

Let me correct a mistake I made. I meant the continent of Europe as a whole. 

I suppose some of the light yellow pieces on 2019 fire and 2020 police vehicles could be a bit of European influence as vehicles sometimes have neon yellow stripes in some european countries.

This color comes close (but might be too green) but that's now used for ghost features in hidden side, so would be a bit odd :oh:

tn_326_jpg.jpg

This color comes closer to real neon but isn't used for regular LEGO parts:

tn_134_jpg.jpg

Source : https://brickset.com/colours/family-Green

I'd love a neon green ambulance or medical helicopter one day.

Edited by TeriXeri

2 hours ago, danth said:

Are you telling me I'm wrong? Because that's the best possible answer I could have hoped for. :classic:

However comparing pics, the 60267 side stripes have a different pattern than the existing tiles. Plus the 60267 side stripes appear to be 2x3 stud patterns. So I'm not hopeful.  

Looking at those pictures more closely...honestly...I'm not so sure now, about the usage of 2x2 stripe patterned tiles. I thought they simply used SNOT technique with printed parts on a 2x6 area.

Edited by Anak

im very sorry, but i cant say anything. if i say something their job is at risk. i would if i could, but im not going to risk my relatives job.

2 minutes ago, toopizza13 said:

im very sorry, but i cant say anything. if i say something their job is at risk. i would if i could, but im not going to risk my relatives job.

I think that's a good plan. 

2 minutes ago, toopizza13 said:

I thought that would be the case. 

Those new automotive themed sets are amazing.  Its so nice to get some decent city sets that are generic civilians.

The race cars are everything I thought speed champions cars should have been. (actual parts for headlights instead of stickers)

That services station is great.  Good for a small station but thanks to the awesome generic civilian vehicles screams buy 2 and make a bigger station.  (usually a set like that would have some highly specialized vehicle that you don't really want multiples of.)

The tuning garage is just flat out amazing.  Its everything I have always wanted out of such a set.  I do find it amusing that the actual garage door has a 10 stud wide opening to be used with the tow truck new speed champions sets.

Love the recently announced 4 sets. Each and every one of them is awesome - design, builds, colors... I'm going to buy all of them. Safari Jeep and these saved the City 2020 lineup for me.

The only thing I wish they did for 2020 is adding more Space sets. But I guess I should be happy that we got what we got in 2019 at least.

9 hours ago, toopizza13 said:

Why would it risk their job? If they can be personally identified by such a leak, then this implies that LEGO feeds each of their employees different stories about what is coming out.

20 hours ago, pooda said:

So far...every ship I have seen built through City has looked a lot like this

Yeah - but that Coast Guard ship is from Sweden, not Denmark. 

You would probably not want USA and Canada mixed up... :classic:

22 hours ago, ArneNielsen said:

Yeah - but that Coast Guard ship is from Sweden, not Denmark. 

I corrected myself. Like I said.....they base most of the vehicles from ones they see in Europe as a whole. 

Edited by pooda

2004335_010.jpg

I have seen some info about this set will cost 99€

What do you think? I find it expensive, I see it like a 70-80€ set.

The tuning workshop has highly detailed vehicles, that caravan office, fancy workshop and 7 minifigs so I can see this set costing about 120 bucks Aussie.

44 minutes ago, El Garfio said:

2004335_010.jpg

I have seen some info about this set will cost 99€

What do you think? I find it expensive, I see it like a 70-80€ set.

I'm getting! Im betting $70. 

Tbh though, I never thought I'd see American hot rods in a City set. 

1 hour ago, pooda said:

I'm getting! Im betting $70. 

That set is 100 pieces larger then both the Donut Shop and Ski Resort which were $90 USD (on the US Lego.com) , this has 3-4 less minifigs, but I still expect $90-$100 US price. :shrug_confused: 

Of course I wish it'd be less then that myself as well, I still expect it to be around €85-€100 here as well. :look:

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, pooda said:

Tbh though, I never thought I'd see American hot rods in a City set. 

I might be wrong, but hot rods are quite popular in Denmark and Northern Europe in general. So your theory regarding inspirations for CIty sets is not completely debunked :wink:

I think you could also consider it an homage to Town (technically, not City) sets 6561 and 6538:

6538-1.jpg

6561-1.jpg

And I've already mentioned 10200:

10200-1.jpg?200809040303

And now I am officially boring, but they had some in City sets, like 4438 and 60048:

4438-1.jpg?201110140259

60048-1.jpg?201311300131

Edited by imvanya

On 11/26/2019 at 10:30 AM, imvanya said:

I might be wrong, but hot rods are quite popular in Denmark and Northern Europe in general. So your theory regarding inspirations for CIty sets is not completely debunked :wink:

I think you could also consider it an homage to Town (technically, not City) sets 6561 and 6538:

6538-1.jpg

6561-1.jpg

And I've already mentioned 10200:

10200-1.jpg?200809040303

And now I am officially boring, but they had at least one in a City set in 60048:

60048-1.jpg?201311300131

Those look more like british hot rods. As for the third pic, I stand corrected. That's definitely American. 

On 11/26/2019 at 9:46 AM, TeriXeri said:

That set is 100 pieces larger then both the Donut Shop and Ski Resort which were $90 USD (on the US Lego.com) , this has 3-4 less minifigs, but I still expect $90-$100 US price. :shrug_confused: 

Of course I wish it'd be less then that myself as well, I still expect it to be around €85-€100 here as well. :look:

Despite the high price, I think we can both agree that City went above and beyond the call of duty with that set. Now I will officially have a proper repair shop in my town. 

Edited by pooda

4 minutes ago, pooda said:

Those look more like british hot rods. As for the third pic, I stand corrected. That's definitely American. 

Despite the high price, I think we can both agree that City went above and beyond the call of duty with that set. Now I will officially have two Repair shops in my town. 

Oh yes , I agree it's one of the best large City sets where I actually like 100% of it.